Tilting solar panels.

Peak yield today was 318 Watts at 12:38 from 450 Watts of panels.

On the subject of tilting solar panels and after getting torched on here for suggesting using air bags to raise them ;) i wondered about fitting one vertically onto cycle rack bars on the rear of the van. If it was hinged on both sides it could face to either side and rearwards.
An airbag? (to be spoken like Lady Bracknell :) )

Actually ... This is just about what I am thinking of doing with the portable kit (assuming rear of van is facing south) to provide some theft security (chain through frame and looped though bike rack) if leaving unattended.
Fixing permanently there however would both stop rack being used by bikes and obscure the bathroom window so wouldn't be for me.

(I've peaked at 77W from 270W array, but only put the fridge on after the main harvesting opportunity and batteries full before that. will see better tomorrow (that peak was after 5PM))

What sort of fridge are you using?
Chinese knock off, 18ltr Fridge/freezer. 219 quid from ebay. ( Would have typed the pound sign, but it's disappeared , the # is where the pound is, and the " key comes out as @. @ key is ". So I suppose a quid is hiding somewhere. One day I'll look for it. All very odd.)
It runs well down to -22c. If I'm away for any length of time I'll have a cook-in before I leave, and then I have ready meals, oven chips, battered fish, frozen veg and ICE CREAM. This trip,as it was last minute, I raided the fridge at home, used the freezer as a fridge. And 'cos of the extra solar, it was all experimental. The 3 way would have been used on gas, had there been a problem.

Back to the panels. Stopped trying to be different/clever/a dick 'ead, whatever. The panels are now in the right plane/facing the correct compass point for Forum meets and or campsites.
Thanks Bruce for your help. Alright Dave :confused:

Back to the panels. Stopped trying to be different/clever/a dick 'ead, whatever. The panels are now in the right plane/facing the correct compass point for Forum meets and or campsites.
Thanks Bruce for your help. Alright Dave :confused:

Nice hat.
IMG_20210502_215308.jpg

Chinese knock off, 18ltr Fridge/freezer. 219 quid from ebay. ( Would have typed the pound sign, but it's disappeared , the # is where the pound is, and the " key comes out as @. @ key is ". So I suppose a quid is hiding somewhere. One day I'll look for it. All very odd.)
It runs well down to -22c. If I'm away for any length of time I'll have a cook-in before I leave, and then I have ready meals, oven chips, battered fish, frozen veg and ICE CREAM. This trip,as it was last minute, I raided the fridge at home, used the freezer as a fridge. And 'cos of the extra solar, it was all experimental. The 3 way would have been used on gas, had there been a problem.
your key board is on English USA change it to English UK or use the @ key for £

£££££ you were correct. Most kind. Normal ish communication is restored.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back