Tilting solar panels.

xsilvergs

Reckon with the Lithium and the Solar you might be able to run the fridge gas-free on this trip? that will be interesting.
(and with the lithiums you could maybe lower the SOC inverter cut-off to maybe 50% instead of the 80%(?) currently set at?)

Funny you should say that, sat here adjusting code to drop percentage. Was set to 80% and it ran until 7pm last night before auto switching back to gas. This morning it went from gas to inverter at about 10:30 as it had to achieve 83% SoC first.

wildebus

I'm just checking out my fridge as well :)
First task was a good clean; then getting it working on gas - took about 4 attempts until enough gas in the pipe to ignite after being unused for so many months, but now fine. Then set to Auto and turned AC spur on and will see how long it runs until SOC hits the new setting of 60% (decided to lower from previous 80% just to see how it goes on restoring charge as the solar has not had to do much to keep batteries topped up).

xsilvergs

I'm just checking out my fridge as well :)
First task was a good clean; then getting it working on gas - took about 4 attempts until enough gas in the pipe to ignite after being unused for so many months, but now fine. Then set to Auto and turned AC spur on and will see how long it runs until SOC hits the new setting of 60% (decided to lower from previous 80% just to see how it goes on restoring charge as the solar has not had to do much to keep batteries topped up).

Peak yield today was 318 Watts at 12:38 from 450 Watts of panels.

On the subject of tilting solar panels and after getting torched on here for suggesting using air bags to raise them ;) i wondered about fitting one vertically onto cycle rack bars on the rear of the van. If it was hinged on both sides it could face to either side and rearwards.

wildebus

Peak yield today was 318 Watts at 12:38 from 450 Watts of panels.

On the subject of tilting solar panels and after getting torched on here for suggesting using air bags to raise them ;) i wondered about fitting one vertically onto cycle rack bars on the rear of the van. If it was hinged on both sides it could face to either side and rearwards.
An airbag? (to be spoken like Lady Bracknell :) )

Actually ... This is just about what I am thinking of doing with the portable kit (assuming rear of van is facing south) to provide some theft security (chain through frame and looped though bike rack) if leaving unattended.
Fixing permanently there however would both stop rack being used by bikes and obscure the bathroom window so wouldn't be for me.

(I've peaked at 77W from 270W array, but only put the fridge on after the main harvesting opportunity and batteries full before that. will see better tomorrow (that peak was after 5PM))

Trotter

What sort of fridge are you using?
Chinese knock off, 18ltr Fridge/freezer. 219 quid from ebay. ( Would have typed the pound sign, but it's disappeared , the # is where the pound is, and the " key comes out as @. @ key is ". So I suppose a quid is hiding somewhere. One day I'll look for it. All very odd.)
It runs well down to -22c. If I'm away for any length of time I'll have a cook-in before I leave, and then I have ready meals, oven chips, battered fish, frozen veg and ICE CREAM. This trip,as it was last minute, I raided the fridge at home, used the freezer as a fridge. And 'cos of the extra solar, it was all experimental. The 3 way would have been used on gas, had there been a problem.

Trotter

Back to the panels. Stopped trying to be different/clever/a dick 'ead, whatever. The panels are now in the right plane/facing the correct compass point for Forum meets and or campsites.
Thanks Bruce for your help. Alright Dave :confused:

xsilvergs

Back to the panels. Stopped trying to be different/clever/a dick 'ead, whatever. The panels are now in the right plane/facing the correct compass point for Forum meets and or campsites.
Thanks Bruce for your help. Alright Dave :confused:

Nice hat.
IMG_20210502_215308.jpg

roadroamer

Chinese knock off, 18ltr Fridge/freezer. 219 quid from ebay. ( Would have typed the pound sign, but it's disappeared , the # is where the pound is, and the " key comes out as @. @ key is ". So I suppose a quid is hiding somewhere. One day I'll look for it. All very odd.)
It runs well down to -22c. If I'm away for any length of time I'll have a cook-in before I leave, and then I have ready meals, oven chips, battered fish, frozen veg and ICE CREAM. This trip,as it was last minute, I raided the fridge at home, used the freezer as a fridge. And 'cos of the extra solar, it was all experimental. The 3 way would have been used on gas, had there been a problem.
your key board is on English USA change it to English UK or use the @ key for £