This is crazy (work)

Absolutely mad that you have no facilities. Can understand all toilets not open but why not allow lorry drivers a radar type key to get into disabled toilets. As for not deserving praise, I think that the whole team deserve our thanks. The bus and care homes, the shops and pharmacies would be in a terrible state of they were not being supplied. Think this just illustrates how important everyone is in their individual roles.
Keep going, ( hopefully not in a bottle or bucket) x

Well done Lairdy keeping the wheels turning. Lorry drivers have always had the shitty end of the stick. Low wages and huge responsibilities, strangled by restricted hours and now with CPC onus being put on the driver not the company things are a lot harder and stressful than the average man on the street realises. Big respect to you and all the other nights of the road feeding us and wiping our arses. 🙏✌️

Gordon, taking a walk past Deeside Brewery today there were 3 artics waiting to be loaded with hand sanitiser so they are clearly making it, along with Brew Dog up here. If by any chance you deliver the raw materials to Deeside Brewery and are at a loose end waiting to offload give us a call (pm me for number if needed) and we can pop round to have a chat 2m apart - this is clearly essential business plus Tesco is just round the corner so it’s essential shopping!
Keep up the good work

Tony

Tony, that is a really nice gesture to one off, the bog roll medal contenders.

With the lack of lavvy facilities, maybe a better idea to manu a latrine, a simple plan below. Away from MH and house, of course. :poop: Keep you from going cabin crazy, too!

View attachment 78950

Aha!

So that's what your strap line means, Terry... ;)

The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Tony, that is a really nice gesture to one off, the bog roll medal contenders.

With the lack of lavvy facilities, maybe a better idea to manu a latrine, a simple plan below. Away from MH and house, of course. :poop: Keep you from going cabin crazy, too!

View attachment 78950

Not a patch on the “long drops” (the name says it all!) when I went up Kilimanjaro on my 50th.

Cheers Tony ,I’m not at that one ,but many thanks for the gesture
there’s a few now changed production to hand sanitizers
great how it is all a case of let’s help hope this continues after we get back to ( normal)?

Longest "long drop" I heard about was a discussion with couple of NLHB techs doing maint on Skerryvore light, depending what level one was on, decided where drop would take place, depending on tides too, of course.

Clearly gone a bit upmarket since I did Kilimanjaro 20 years back
5D71AB89-7961-4BCE-8CF0-3505DE4C53A0.jpeg

You want to see the long drop at the old Gouter hut on Mont Blanc, the uprush of air nearly blows it all back up.

Well done Gordon to you and all the other truckers keeping the country moving, it's disgraceful that they have closed all the toilet facilities, hope you get sorted out.

My London style taxi is parked up with me been away and the drivers been high risk. The cab drivers in Blackpool asked the council for permission to wear face masks to protect the driver and the passengers and to allow the drivers to refuse to allow a passenger in the front of the taxi, they wanted only to carry passengers in the rear of the vehicle so that both they and the passengers were protected by the partition.

Would you believe it the council refused this request and all the council licensing department are working from home. No counter service whatsoever, most of the lads have decided to park there taxis up, only a skeleton service on offer now and two taxi drivers are already in Blackpool ITU with Coronavirus.

I have done an email for the lads to my local councillor, my MP and the leader of the council, stating they have a duty of care to all taxi drivers, they are now looking into this. Hopefully commonsense will.prevail.
councillors only no one thing to fill,hope they sort it quick. ok.pj cushty

I'm sure there's a few on here that would help you shift the whisky.
I did mention the toilet situation on here the other day,I wrote to Highways England about reopening them for drivers,computer said no.
computer needs a glitch. with a steel boot, few time,along with highways e, lord help us. no one at work? still on pay, or may be not. ok.pj. nus-ar-dan-ya

They were talking about Grants whisky going over to making hand sanitiser stuff on the radio this morning.

Doing it in New York(?) as well I think, and another place overseas where they have depots?

Edinburgh gin and various others are already doing it we are running ethyl alcohol to south wales just now for the same

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back