Stealth Camper

Why would I want to take it back, the forum wouldn't exist if it was not for the full members, paying our subs might be why some members haven't got the £50k to buy a mobile house.

So how do other forums exist?

You are too much of a newbie to know the history of this forum. For a long time members built up the poi knowledge base when it was a free forum. Members used to donate to Phil to help with the running costs.

Back then this forum was full of wildcampers, not loudmouths who pay a few quid and get instant knowledge of where to park up. Some of the most experienced wildies left the forum and went elsewhere. If I wanted a really comprehensive set of POI's, I can get them elsewhere for free. They are just as good as the ones on here, in fact most of them are the same ones that were the basis of these POI's.

I find my own overnight spots, so don't need the POI's ....... it's called 'experience'.

You probably have only been wilding a short time but seem to be a bit of a knowall with a high opinion of yourself.

Who cares what other have, for whatever reason they have it, whether budget dictates or keeping up with the Joneses. I've been down some fairly tight roads/tracks, Wrynose Pass doesn't even register on the scale, whose been down these lanes before, a 7.5 tonner delivering coke and an old Hymer.

So how do other forums exist?

You are too much of a newbie to know the history of this forum. For a long time members built up the poi knowledge base when it was a free forum. Members used to donate to Phil to help with the running costs.

Back then this forum was full of wildcampers, not loudmouths who pay a few quid and get instant knowledge of where to park up. Some of the most experienced wildies left the forum and went elsewhere. If I wanted a really comprehensive set of POI's, I can get them elsewhere for free. They are just as good as the ones on here, in fact most of them are the same ones that were the basis of these POI's.

I find my own overnight spots, so don't need the POI's ....... it's called 'experience'.

You probably have only been wilding a short time but seem to be a bit of a knowall with a high opinion of yourself.

Members used to donate to Phil to help with the running costs, but not you ?

not so,not nice

My thoughts
You have attempted to make a silk purse out of a sows ear because you can't afford a decent motorhome.

A bit off the nice side, oldpolicehouse :sucks:

A good Deal of Members, and none members cant afford 60 grand motorhomes, so have to make the best of what they can,and what they have

Our self build is more than comfortable, has Gas low systems, solar panels toilet,shower, triple battery sytems ,fridge Micro wave, 6 foot bed,fully winterised and many many other things which exspensive motorhomes dont have. It cost me 3 months work, I also enjoyed working on it.
Best of all it cost us less than £2400 quid,from start to finish. its tidy and sitting here in the algarve on a campsite, with many other expensive, and self build motorhomes, stealths, with all sorts, of people getting on with each other.

So Slagging down people cause they cant go out and buy a m/h or camper for big bucks, is not good, :(

Quote (You have attempted to make a silk purse out of a sows ear because you can't afford a decent motorhome ) unquote

Ps, last time I looked Full membership was around £18, if you can afford a decent motorhome this should be peanuts to you,:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053: Stump up I dare you:):)

i'm not au fait with flimsies-what's a pvc ?
Ann Summers into your browser, PVC in the search box sit back and be enlightened. Just wonder if the bondage tape would be better than Gaffa tape on van leaks ?

Members used to donate to Phil to help with the running costs, but not you ?

Go back and read the post again.

Gawd, if your brain was made of dynamite, there would not be enough to blow your cap off. :lol-049:

Oh dear. I seem to have ruffled the feathers of some poor people with home made campervans.

Who cares what other have, for whatever reason they have it, whether budget dictates or keeping up with the Joneses. I've been down some fairly tight roads/tracks, Wrynose Pass doesn't even register on the scale, whose been down these lanes before, a 7.5 tonner delivering coke and an old Hymer.

Now THAT is a serious addiction!!! Take 5 million lines boy!

Go back and read the post again.

Gawd, if your brain was made of dynamite, there would not be enough to blow your cap off. :lol-049:

Your post just waffles on about how many years ago people kept a log of wild camping spots and you assume that I use the POI's I never mentioned them and who said I joined only to use the POI's ? just you assuming yet again.

My van is a stealth camper, a self converted hi roof lwb transit. I bought it to convert to my needs specifically after looking at various coach builts which would not accomodate the large cage I have for my 2 dogs.

I have an anxiety disorder and, as a single woman with no close family to help or rescue me in the event of any problems, I prefer to be away from people, or if in an urban or less remote area, to be unobtrusive. I often park up overnight on industrial estates, or with truckers in laybys etc where no one bats an eyelid at a white transit parked up. I can relax knowing that no one knows I'm inside (i have no windows except a rooflight and have blackout curtain between cab and back) - it works for me but wouldn't suit everyone.

Being on a low income, I have to make do and mend so I know people do look down on my scruffy van, with an interior like a car boot sale, but it's either that or nothing.

I am thinking about having a window put in the side sliding door but it depends on £££ and it would have to be blackened. It would only really be to be able to see who is knocking on the van door, although I am considering putting in a door spyhole instead. I am also thinking of putting in another rooflight as it can be quite dark inside the van on gloomy days with the door closed. I'm actually considering fitting an old washing machine door on the roof as a rooflight - as they are often quite deep, it would project above the roof by several inches which, with a mirror on an extendable pointer, would allow a 360' field of vision :idea:

As for missing out on the views, I prefer to sit outside or in the open doorway with a morning coffee than see them through a window.

We all have different wants and needs, circumstances, finances, hobbies, skills and abilities and our vans reflect that. That's what makes meets so interesting, such a wide range of vans, and you find yourself talking to and getting on really well with people that you perhaps would never think of becoming friendly with because their lives are so different to yours, and like it or not, we all form our own prejudgements on people depending on how they look within the first few seconds, and this can prevent us from getting to know someone.

As for wild camping being illegal because it says so on the internet... well, somewhere on the internet it says I'm 5 ft 10, size 10, with long blonde hair and a G cup bra size. Doesn't mean it's true. Although I would have soooooooo much fun if it was :raofl::fun:

If you park near a tree, I might be able to shimmy up and look down on your van, then I could put my van there and its your turn up the tree to look down on my van. Afterwards we could form the looking down on vans appreciation society! :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Ann Summers into your browser, PVC in the search box sit back and be enlightened. Just wonder if the bondage tape would be better than Gaffa tape on van leaks ?
i'm knot into bondage tapes

why do you need stealth? please

I have the trigano tribute 2004 and been full timing for 18 months.......as long as its taxed you can park (safely and legally) anywhere in the eu.......I usually choose where I have a fabulous view, such as around the alps, and never had any problems yet........all police encountered in eu or uk will help and assist whenever, especially if you happen to get a local complaining.......whats the stealth for? I not sen a van I would be ashamed of yet.......steve bristol.

Oh dear. I seem to have ruffled the feathers of some poor people with home made campervans.

S'ok. I'm sure there are plenty of van conversions out there with the sheer effrontery to park next to your MH and make you feel that the tone has been lowered and the neighbourhood shot to hell :lol-053:.

They'll probably be really nice folk, but you'll never know as you'll be far too busy wrinkling your nose in distaste at them being 'poor' to find out eh?

My feathers aren't really ruffled - you're the one with the problem, not I.

I have 2 words for you, (no, not THOSE two) that you should seriously consider for your own well-being.

They are "Seek Help".

My thoughts
You have attempted to make a silk purse out of a sows ear because you can't afford a decent motorhome.

Theres no shame in not being able to afford what you call a 'decent' motorhome ,if its well used, appreciated and does the job to the op's satisfaction jts job done. Many people enjoy motor homing who dont have buckets of cash,and snobbish outdated views like yours are just plain dumb !!

If you park near a tree, I might be able to shimmy up and look down on your van, then I could put my van there and its your turn up the tree to look down on my van. Afterwards we could form the looking down on vans appreciation society! :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

ha ha :lol-053: It could quite easily be arranged, we're nearly neighbours, I live not too far from J38, M6 and I've been promising to visit a friend in Carlisle for ages...

The first camper van we had was a one where you had to make the bed up separate loo with shower with kitchen at the back that had a sliding door at the side it was a ford transit trouble was it hardly had any room when the bed was made up so we bought a Talbot again had to make the bed up and still no room or very little! So we looked about until we found this one (Eldis) with bed spot so we did not have to put bed up and love it as it has loads of room and guess what still have to make bed up I cant sleep up in the fixed bed even with the bed down there is still loads of room. we don't have loads of money we don't have a brand new MH it is used but loved we can sit in comfort No matter what van you have if it is what you want and it does the job for you all well and good. As for me I will talk to anyone whether their van is new or not it should not make any difference.:sad::rolleyes2:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back