State of emergency Spain and Portugal

We have crossed from Spain into France at Jonquera no problem today. Lots of MH on the roads and supermarket car parks are looking busy but it is a Saturday. Safe travels all ...

At Albufeira campsite on CCC rally. Only came to meet up with friends before going to investigate further north. Staying where I am till things calm down. My insurance does not run out till early June. Hope things have calmed by then.

All very well staying on but suggest you read this read this

Interesting in that Canada is at 200cases and is tightening up

Uk now at 800 and still no FCO general advice not to travel !

Here’s another link for you if you’re thinking of coming this way.

Safe travels,

Pat

Bars shut today :cry: no football , but still got plenty of toilet paper if any of you have got the tommy-tits 😁😁😁

We're staying close to our East Algarve village. 7 miles north of the coast.
Did our normal shopping at Sao Bras, yesterday.
Lidl was down to it's last available trolly, when we arrived at 9. 30.
Long queues at all 4 checkouts.
No UHT milk , locals buying stocks of tins and bottled food.
We just added 4 tins of Tuna to our normal shop.
When we left at 10.25, the trolley racks we 3/4 full.
We might go early afternoon, next week...
If 4 tills were open, who was available for restocking ?

Police shut the beach at La Marina today ,only about 100 people on and all well apart (mainly walkers) but now taped off . Motorhome in car park behind dunes ,dutch plates with 2 out in sunchairs in front . Did not seem bothered when I advised them the Police had turned up. Consum supermarket out of fresh meat but plenty of beer and long life milk , did not look for toilet roll. Just heard all Jet 2 flights to Spain and Islands cancelled as well

Why are people staying in Spain..
It is going the way of Italy !

Will it be any better in UK ?

No. Nobody knows exactly how it will pan out regardless of where you are.
(pan out - you see what did there?! ;) 😁 )

Advice just now on radio 4, "Make choices based on your own sense of risk".
Seems reasonable. It's most infectious when in close groups (proximity).

If you're out and about in your motorhome just stock up with supplies if/when needed and take all sensible precautions, especially if you are in the high risk group for potential death.

There's talk that a lot of big chains will be in dire straits, possibly going bust, if widespread lockdowns & restrictions continue for longer than the next 2 months.

Apparently we need to have 95% immunity (herd immunity) within the population for the disease not to return, otherwise we could get another spike, maybe next winter or next year - hypothetically. There needs to be enough people to catch the virus whilst trying to protect the most vulnerable, i.e. elderly and those with underlying health conditions, while this process is happening.

Makes sense to me!

No. Nobody knows exactly how it will pan out regardless of where you are.
(pan out - you see what did there?! ;) 😁 )

Advice just now on radio 4, "Make choices based on your own sense of risk".
Seems reasonable. It's most infectious when in close groups (proximity).

Makes sense if you're out and about in your motorhome to just stock up with supplies if/when needed and take all sensible precautions, especially if you are in the high risk group for potential death.

There's talk that a lot of big chains will be in dire straits, possibly going bust, if widespread lockdowns & restrictions continue for longer than the next 2 months.

Apparently we need to have 95% immunity (herd immunity) within the population for the disease not to return, otherwise we could get another spike, maybe next winter or next year - hypothetically. There needs to be enough people to catch the virus whilst trying to protect the most vulnerable, i.e. elderly and those with underlying health conditions, while this process is happening.

Makes sense to me!
I agree that is you can stay away from big aires/sostas/whatever you can reduce the risk..go home !

Last edited:
Ok but I suggest life in a foreign hospital has its problems..
And what does your partner do meanwhile ..especially if they cannot drive !!!

... and if we don't flatten the spike the NHS is going to be overwhelmed and there will ultimately be more deaths than necessary.

It's a tightrope we're all walking.

I'm going to be self-isolating as much as I can over the coming months.
You guys should do whatever you think best according to your own personal circumstances.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back