State of emergency Spain and Portugal

redhand

Perhaps it's time in view of todays developments to start a thread sharing info re restrictions on movement etc
ww are currently in portugal due to start returning in 2 weeks if we can !!

We set of this morning .roads fine but there is panic buying in stores..
Now at Murcia stop over , heading to jaca tomorrow.

It was reported in Tomar yesterday that panic buying was happening in all the supermarkets I suspect this will be short lived , but if coming with motorhome I suggest you bring plenty of supplies.also a lot of gatherings are being cancelled.

Valencia have shut all bars and restaurants for 14 days in the entire region . Understand panic buying emptying shelves in La Marina (here) and also I understand in Garrucha

Screenshot_20200313-194849_Chrome.jpg

Tarifa, Friday13th March 2020

Yesterday I did a 4 bagger trip to the local LIDLS in Tarifa, just a normal day with fully stocked shelves and the usual number of shoppers.

Today at around midday, Tarifa soopermercardos all seeing panic buying and empty shelves.

Tarifa Port has shutdown operations, putting a stop the ferries between Spain & Tangiers as well as the commercial traffic.
That will strand a few motorhomers trying to return from the many organised group MH tours that are popular around Tarifa.

Looks like I am going to have to tolerate being under a blockade for a while.

Thankfully, Tarifa is a splendid place to be stranded, happy daze

intermarche shelves in alvor seem fully stocked
Panic buying yesterday in Albufeira then today all shelves stocked with no problems. Locals bemused by tourists buying habits. Saw a couple buying two trolley loads of supplies wearing masks, locals staring in disbelief! As we were!
Heading to Alvor Sunday from Mikki’s Place.

Mike it really is a nationwide pandemic, please be careful and look after yourselves. You are both in the most vulnerable group. Hand wash hand wash hand wash. Isolate yourselves in your little home until the worst blows over.
I agree, my doctor daughter told me to wash hands regularly & avoid crowded areas.
Was thinking of bussing into Estepona also visiting Malaga & Granada while we’re down here. That’s now out the window.

We are in Altea and yesterday the supermarkets were fine today the shelves are empty they are closing all the bars and restaurants, so in the morning we are going to head back to the uk

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back