Spain/Portugal where are you?

I'm currently parked up in Lagos after reluctantly leaving Alvor. The guide book says it's a lovely walled town. Went out yesterday to look round and no sign of loveliness apart from the Marina! Anyone been here?

Hi Card, we were in Lagos last week....a day or two is all you need !! However, if you include a visit to the headlands in those two days it's ok. It's walkable (a mile or so) from Camping Trindade (opp. direction from old town) There's 200 steps down cliff face to caves/lagoon type experience. We enjoyed it. Maja

Hi all, Don....we are going the other way round so up through west/north Spain when we leave Porto on 27th. However, depending on your route others may advise...but we have been told that roads/sites north of Porto have been badly affected by the rains lately...all may improve by the time you set off. If you head diagonally down we can recommend Burgos cathedral as arguably the best in the world. We did it last year when heading to Bilbao. We will be doing Salamanca for the first time on our way north. Have heard good reports...any more gladly received.

Maja[/]

Heading to Porto in next few days. Need a campsite for a night to do some serious cleaning - us and motorhome, as collecting a friend from the airport on 21st. Will then do some wilding in and around Porto. Can you suggest a site and are you using the wild POIs for the town? Cheers

Hi Don, heading to Porto in an hour or so, will be sussing out sites/spots then (we are at Barra at the mo, a surf boy spit, been good for two lazy days in the sun though. Basic parque de campismo or wilding on harbour side) Anyway, we will be in Porto by lunchtime so will report back later in the day LOL !! Maja

Hahaha 😄😄😄 Maybe he's been there twice! Is it the pigfield?

Haven't seen any pigs, Carol! The odd Kraut, or is that what you were getting at! 😦 but quite a few, newly recruited WC Brits!! 😊
Its the carpark next to the football stadium,to the west of Tarifa! Lovin it!

Haven't seen any pigs, Carol! The odd Kraut, or is that what you were getting at! 😦 but quite a few, newly recruited WC Brits!! 😊
Its the carpark next to the football stadium,to the west of Tarifa! Lovin it!

I'll check it out. I'm loving Portugal but the weather has been patchy to say the least! Done the Algarve coast, now on the west then moving inland. Not sure where I'll hit Spain though. Would be good to meet up!

Just Follow the Sun!

The BBC weather report is showing the Algarve will have the warmest and sunniest days for the next week or so!😅
Rain here tomorrow, Chris admin has already left to find some more Wilding spots to the West of here!😊

Exactly a week ago, we had 4 inches of rain in 24 hours. .Today we had breakfast and lunch outdoors,.
The first Swallows arrived. A Golden Oriole announced his presence and the garden is bursting into bloom.
It really feels like Spring..... But! The rainfall is still below the average and we've got a stream of visitors coming out.
It'll rain when the arrive... Always does.
One pal is known as " The English Rainmaker " by the locals.
When there's a drought, the beg me to send for him.

It really feels like Spring..... But! The rainfall is still below the average and we've got a stream of visitors coming out.
It'll rain when the arrive... Always does.
One pal is known as " The English Rainmaker " by the locals.
When there's a drought, the beg me to send for him.

Not Kenspain is it?

The BBC weather report is showing the Algarve will have the warmest and sunniest days for the next week or so!😅
Rain here tomorrow, Chris admin has already left to find some more Wilding spots to the West of here!😊

Found this beautiful spot this evening :

Google Maps

36.296749,-6.141576

Cliff-top walks, beaches, lighthouse and a mirador (viewpoint).

Blimey did it rain last night! Carrapateira on the west coast ��

Last edited:
This is the first time in my life that I've been stuck for water.
When all else fails we get our water from the beach showers, but due to the recent storms, these installations have been wrecked & switched off.
But Mercadona came to the rescue by selling bottled water in 8 ltr containers for just 75cents.
The first time I've paid for water, but still cheaper than going to a wretched campsite.

This is the first time in my life that I've been stuck for water.
When all else fails we get our water from the beach showers, but due to the recent storms, these installations have been wrecked & switched off.
But Mercadona came to the rescue by selling bottled water in 8 ltr containers for just 75cents.
The first time I've paid for water, but still cheaper than going to a wretched campsite.

My god, you're a stingy old bugger! Enjoy your water! Xx

Elephants

We are travelling with 4 borders !!! Have you got the aires book for Spain and Portugal ?

We are parked up by lake in Volvo xxx 90 + caravan leaving tomorrow going west towards a coruna stop at lighthouse ribadelo

My god, you're a stingy old bugger! Enjoy your water! Xx

Filled up with water from Mercadona @ 70cents per 8ltrs, drove to Carboneras & there's a plentiful supply of water, Doh!

Sleepless nights now!

We are in Tarifa and it is windy! Not stopped blowing for 2 days. We are having to stop in side alleys to stop being rocked about. On the plus side we have managed to guess the wifi password of the business we are parked outside 😀 OK my wife got it.

Winging it

4 Borders must be fun - 2 are a handful when they get a scent of something and mine are untrainable although it is probably my own fault.
Owning a border is worse than community service I imagine.
Don't have the aires book but plenty other resources, ********** app looks quite good and campingcar Portugal website.
We will wing it a bit and check on here as well.
How long are you away for?
Don
We have a shorter trip this year arrived dieppe sat going back 2nd April,in caberceno with the elephants one of our favourite spots,moving on tomorrow west towards A Coruna,probably get 1/2 way between here and there (we don't get up to early) then on to A Coruna ,then down to Arcade.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back