Spain/Portugal where are you?

LA Marina del Pinet

Lovely beach and view, weather not so kind, cloudy and chilly breeze, but loved the walk on shore.

Stayed on rock outcrop at Torrevieja last night, gale blew in, not a comfy sleep, but still all good.

If in doubt check our POIs!

You'll find three in Tomar. CU Tomar 1 is the one you want I think ...

Hi Chris I checked the POIs on my satnav and didn't get any for Tomar. It was last updated at the Orkney meet. Were they on then? If so, I'm doing something wrong! I have a Garmin Camper.

hi stanski are you in the hole behind the cafe or up at la playa pinet , we left playa wed overnighted in a park at santa polo to catch up on washing etc now at the chapel other side of santa polo only about 5mls away,

Entry to the convent at Tomar is free tomorrow, Carol, as it's the first Sunday in the month! We should be there too.

Entry to the convent at Tomar is free tomorrow, Carol, as it's the first Sunday in the month! We should be there too.

Great! See you there. Are you stopping in Tomar? Don't know why my satnav doesn't suggest the POIs Chris mentioned. We're going to head for the big car park near the bus station. Hopefully if Chris reads this he might send me the coordinates.

Great! See you there. Are you stopping in Tomar? Don't know why my satnav doesn't suggest the POIs Chris mentioned. We're going to head for the big car park near the bus station. Hopefully if Chris reads this he might send me the coordinates.

We're going to park at the convent initially, and figure the rest of it out afterwards. Someone mentioned the coordinates for the car park at the convent, Rugbyken perhaps? Just checked, here they are: n39.6048 w8.4175

Last edited:
Hi Chris I checked the POIs on my satnav and didn't get any for Tomar. It was last updated at the Orkney meet. Were they on then? If so, I'm doing something wrong! I have a Garmin Camper.

Probably not. The bulk of the Iberia POIs have been added since.

I suggest you look at the online POI Map using your web browser and/or install maps.me app and download the POIs and/or use the WC app ...

Don't think I can do that on my iPad, on the road. I'll wait until the next meet. In the meantime could you pm the Tomar poi? Please?

Don't think I can do that on my iPad, on the road. I'll wait until the next meet. In the meantime could you pm the Tomar poi? Please?

Carol, I can put the POIs on your iPad if we go to a cafe with wifi when we meet up. We actually use the iPad as a satnav, with the POIs on maps.me as we don't have a satnav. I have Pm you my mobile number I am on what's app too, contact me if you can't find us x

i've never mastered the poi download but i have internet with a 3 data sim and always use the POImap on the bar at the top of the page i find it so easy especially the function of street view where you can look around before you get there and can recognise the location even though you have never been there,

your in luck carol jan logged the coords n39.6048 w8.4175 in her journal from 5 years ago because we were meeting friends there , they didn't arrive till late afternoon so we went round the garden when they arrived and the castle the next day, you will think you've finished the tour and then all of a sudden the temple opens out near the shop, the MH parking is on a tier below the castle but easy enough climb, the convent alongside was undergoing renovation work when we went there,

For Carol ...

i've never mastered the poi download but i have internet with a 3 data sim and always use the POImap on the bar at the top of the page i find it so easy especially the function of street view where you can look around before you get there and can recognise the location even though you have never been

I need a lesson on how to use what we've got. Ta for the tips 😊

Don't worry carol I was chuntering away to Phil at bugsworth about being unable to use the POIs and he said on an I pad nothing easier tapped the POI map and there they were felt such a **** as they say the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask,

carol;I need a lesson on how to use what we've got. Ta for the tips ��[/QUOTE said:
Carol, when you get back you really must make time to get someone to show you how to update the Garmin Camper.

Whether it`s at a meet or someone that lives local to you, make the effort because the Garmin Camper is fantastic once you`ve mastered it.

It is ridiculously easy to do and only takes a minute or so using Garmin Express, Garmin POI Loader and the instructions on here :hammer:

hi stanski are you in the hole behind the cafe or up at la playa pinet , we left playa wed overnighted in a park at santa polo to catch up on washing etc now at the chapel other side of santa polo only about 5mls away,
Hello,
Behind Cafe/Restaurant Candela, met UK couple and fixed their fridge, so stayed waiting for the Sun weatherman promised, and a thank you beer.

We shall stay Monday to get some rays, then move on towards you, have not looked where a location is yet, so shall start later.
Warm night and already 21 degrees, lovely ain't it.

Will look for you.

Carol, when you get back you really must make time to get someone to show you how to update the Garmin Camper.

Whether it`s at a meet or someone that lives local to you, make the effort because the Garmin Camper is fantastic once you`ve mastered it.

It is ridiculously easy to do and only takes a minute or so using Garmin Express, Garmin POI Loader and the instructions on here :hammer:

Hi Wooie, I've updated it using Garmin Express but no idea how to update the POIs though I confess I haven't really tried as I'm worried about messing with what I've already got! I'm not computer illiterate, just not savvy. Thanks for the advice 😊

Carol, when you get back you really must make time to get someone to show you how to update the Garmin Camper. :

I don't know about loading the POI's but to update my Garmin takes ages not something to do unless on a good WIFI connection that's unlikely to drop out

We're at the campsite just south of Porto recommended by Maja07. It's 200 metres from the beach and the bus for Vila Nova de Gaia, all the big Port producers, and Porto stops right outside the gate. We don't need electric so only €4.55 a night for two of us. Tried some pink Port today (it would be a good base for one of Annie's brews), haven't changed my mind - still don't like Port, off to explore Porto tomorrow

Lots of hills or one very big hill in Porto, amazing place. Now back at campsite downing a cold beer!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back