soggy floor

Thank you (and everyone else too) As well as checking the underneath, I ripped out the carpets and saw that the 3 boards that made up the floor were at different levels and two of them were springy, so yes it's a de-lam. So did the
MAGNUM PRO FLOOR (DELAMINATION KIT)
come with everything shewn in the video? ie injector and dowels?
Ta once again
Peter
I can't remember whether I had to buy the dowels separately. Fairly sure it came with the giant syringe worthy of a carry on film. Give them a call

Thank you (and everyone else too) As well as checking the underneath, I ripped out the carpets and saw that the 3 boards that made up the floor were at different levels and two of them were springy, so yes it's a de-lam. So did the
MAGNUM PRO FLOOR (DELAMINATION KIT)
come with everything shewn in the video? ie injector and dowels?
Ta once again
Peter
Mine did

Had an email this morning

Info <Info@magnummotorhomes.co.uk>
Thu 18/03/2021 10:24





To:
  • You

Hi

Sorry to say no, we only sell just he chemical we od not have any of the dowels or syringes

So I'll have to look elsewhere, any suggestions folks?
I've ripped up the carpets and now ready to rock and roll

Make sure your dowels are the same size as the drill bit you are going to use, and test one in a piece of wood first before you use them. You want a nice firm fit ( hammer will be needed to knock them in flush with the floor). If the fit is not firm, the resin will push them out as it expands and hardens.
Good luck with it.

A squeezy bottle with a rubber washer at the neck will do if no syringe, push down hard to seal and the squeeze then plug using a wood block and hammer to level the plugs which should be tightish.

Peter if you want pm me your name and address. I have a couple of syringes I got at a farm supplies for the dog and will send them. . I looked back my private messages as I had your address but can't find it. Gerry

Peter if you want pm me your name and address. I have a couple of syringes I got at a farm supplies for the dog and will send them. . I looked back my private messages as I had your address but can't find it. Gerry
Thanks Gerry, again you are most kind and I was just about to take advantage of your offer and then I read the next post, so thank you once again
Peter

There are a few places that do have the complete kit - there's one here. The end of the syringe is the same width as the dowels so fits snugly. The dowels go about half way in with a mallet or hammer, and you will need a sharp wood chisel to lop them level with the floor next day
Thank you for the research and link, I've now placed an order and am a happy bunny (time will tell though !!) Isn't wonderful to be part of this terrific bunch of eejits, thanks again one and all
Peter

The bottle of resin I bought had a pointy nozzle type top. No syringe needed, just put the nozzle in the hole and squeeze.

So assuming that I don't cock up doing the re laminating thing, what do you suggest we lay on the floor? I removed 2 layers of carpet, top one laid over the original, which now gives us a template, and then the foam backed one. Having cut around it most of the backing was dust and the rest was firmly stuck to the floor, oh what fun we had shifting it, so what shall we lay in its stead?

If I were doing again then the penny rubber flooring used in lifts as easy to keep clean, always able to put a rug down on top and take out and shake/beat clean.

We don’t have any carpet on our floor. Our last three vans were carpeted but we’ve found it so much easier to keep clean just having a hard floor. Ours has a textured vinyl type covering, we wouldn’t have carpet again.

Polyurethane foam backed interlocking cork tiles, warm, look good, easy to keep clean.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back