Smokers in the minority

me like Pavarotti ha ha, ive always been a skinny narrow gut :eek::D drink what i want eat what i want. never put any weight on. had a cholesterol test last month well below 5, doctor put in his place as he was saying my lifestyle wasn't good for my age ???????? :D:D:D

Post pub stopover bites the dust

Thats a real shame,like all pubs they are feeling the pinch and fighting for a share of the business.Seems when you walk into town centre pubs there is hardly anyone in all day opening has done alot of damage.It's only weekend trade keeping them ticking over,meanwhile the big chains Weatherspoons/Yates are doing very nicely thank you.Who would be a pub landlord not me:mad:

i am a smoker i enjoy a cig i think it is the non smokers that are anti social :eek::eek::D:D

That's because you smokers are the only ones who don't realize how bad you all smell. You are all in very much a minority now and guess you do have to stick together.
Dont expect a non smoker to spend too much time in your presence.
Do yourself a big favor . Give it up ! please.

That's because you smokers are the only ones who don't realize how bad you all smell. You are all in very much a minority now and guess you do have to stick together.
Dont expect a non smoker to spend too much time in your presence.
Do yourself a big favor . Give it up ! please.

yes i may well smell of smoke as you say but that is my choice, but as for in the minority well there are usualy more people stood at the door in my local smoking than sat at the bar drinking. as for a non smoker not spending too much time in my company that can be a godsend as they are usualy annoying me by telling me how anti social i am and how much i stink and the ones that are the worst are the ex smokers. there are many things that annoy me like the drunkards that want to start trouble and chuck up all over the streets and that keep decent people out of the pubs and restaurants on a night for fear of mindless violence, why wont our government do anything about that anti social behavior i am shure the majorit of the public would rather sit near a smoker than a loutish drunkard .

Yeh I agree with the above post, and Im a non smoker, some police officers would rather take on a smoker than a six foot yob who is causing grief and trouble, Im fed up of this nanny police state we call Britain, god only knows what they will ban next ?

Smoking

I don't smoke but I would be prepared to fight for their right to smoke as their wish. It is a sad world we are entering into of this PC infested world dominated by questionable 'nimby' ethics.

Pubs are dying fantastic rate caused by people who don't go there beyond the facade of the joke 'real ale' brigade who know little of beer, its history or how it's made.

Long live smokers, or not as the case may be, it is their choice and no one should deny their rights. For those who dislike the smell of smoke, let us hope they enjoy the smell of BO and urine!

yes i may well smell of smoke as you say but that is my choice, but as for in the minority well there are usualy more people stood at the door in my local smoking than sat at the bar drinking. as for a non smoker not spending too much time in my company that can be a godsend as they are usualy annoying me by telling me how anti social i am and how much i stink and the ones that are the worst are the ex smokers. there are many things that annoy me like the drunkards that want to start trouble and chuck up all over the streets and that keep decent people out of the pubs and restaurants on a night for fear of mindless violence, why wont our government do anything about that anti social behavior i am shure the majorit of the public would rather sit near a smoker than a loutish drunkard .

However you may find that the loutish drunk, also has a pocket full of Marlboro's:eek:;)

What do you think I don't know about real ale ..... You ought to try it .... what are you scared you might taste something for a change instead of the chemic, homogoenised, pasturised, tasteless, over carbonated, sterile, disguting puke they sell as smooth flow or extra cold ......... its all global brewery P**s and if your drinking it, they are laughing all the way to the bank:mad:

anti smoking anti drinking ect
a little over the top i think
only (i) can decide what ( i ) do and i do it at my own own peril
what next no smoking or drinking in your motorhome

Real Ale

As an ex-publican I have some experience of real ales, clearly {'chemic, homogoenised, pasturised, tasteless, over carbonated, sterile, disguting puke they sell as smooth flow or extra cold ......... its all global brewery P**s and if your drinking it'} this person has no idea of beer and how it is made or served!

I only ever drink draught Lager or draught Guinness, and i get a perfect pint wherever i go for a pint.
Real ale drinkers on the other hand are always moaning about their beer, its either too cold, too warm, not the same as was the previous night... in fact they usually have to try about 3 or 4 pints of different ales in a pub to actually find one that is acceptable on that night.
I couldn't be doing with all that malarky.

I only ever drink draught Lager or draught Guinness, and i get a perfect pint wherever i go for a pint.
Real ale drinkers on the other hand are always moaning about their beer, its either too cold, too warm, not the same as was the previous night... in fact they usually have to try about 3 or 4 pints of different ales in a pub to actually find one that is acceptable on that night.

Aye but the best memory of my summer:eek: was sat in the beer garden of a Yorkshire country pub (down wind ,of course:rolleyes:) on a hot:eek: balmy Sunday afternoon with a nice pint and my fag:D, totally chilled:cool:

31052008059.jpg

aahhh , Heaven

As an ex-publican I have some experience of real ales, clearly {'chemic, homogoenised, pasturised, tasteless, over carbonated, sterile, disguting puke they sell as smooth flow or extra cold ......... its all global brewery P**s and if your drinking it'} this person has no idea of beer and how it is made or served!

Oh yes I do, I have a couple of pals who run a Micro brewery........ And there are plenty of Publicans around here no nothing of real beer, they just dispense the p**s the brewery provide them with, they might as well be running a petrol station.

What a load of old cobblers we are getting from the anti real ale brigade, I have never in 30 odd years of drinking real beer taken 3 or 4 pints to get a decent pint. The only time you question a pint of REAL ale is if it has not settled long enough, there for cloudy or if it is the end of a barrel and never does a decent landlord question your judgement as they are proud of the skill they posses in dispensing a premium product to discerning custom...... I also like a pint of Guinness,but you can even get a bad pint of that.

Aye but the best memory of my summer:eek: was sat in the beer garden of a Yorkshire country pub (down wind ,of course:rolleyes:) on a hot:eek: balmy Sunday afternoon with a nice pint and my fag:D, totally chilled:cool:

31052008059.jpg

aahhh , Heaven

And a pint of black sheep ...A Yorkshire pint of distinction:):)

Real Ale

Only a person who knows nothing about beer would state CO2 was somehow injected into beer. CO2 is merely used as a propellant to get the beer from from the barrel to the tap, is tastless and colourless and is not absorbed in the beer. The so called 'real ale' and ordinary beers in my brewery were made in the same vat and the same equipment, so much for special treatments. The scientist or brewers are trained in one place in the UK, a Scottish University. Everybody has to use the same expertise because of the Custom and Excise rules and regs to classify such beers.

For our brewery we had to scientists/brewers employed to produce our extensive range of 'real ales'. On my 'training days' I had many long periods and chats with these people, I will not claim my self to be an expert on brewing ales because 'I knew them' but they did provide 'enlightenment' from bulsh*t. My 'claim to fame' or expertise is serveral industry standard qualifications in including 'real ale' management, I will of course bow to your superior knowledge you have been hiding from us so far. Chemic, homogoenised, pasturised, tasteless, over carbonated, sterile, disguting puke they sell as smooth flow or extra cold ......... its all global brewery P**s and if your drinking it clearly shows limited knowledge so far.

'Real ales use a simple pump device, ordinary beers use CO2 to pump the beer, it is in both cases the 'tip or valve' on the end of tap produces variations on the type 'head' on the beer. Good quality beers need regular maintainance of the serving equipment, cleaning pipes and preperation of the opening of keg as well as standing time in real ales, as mention by others. Cooling is provided by celler coolers, like giant fridge unit, for cooler largers direct coolers are used. Beers and real ales are not normally fed through direct coolers because it made them to cool and not traditional. An interesting fact has been a rise in the demand of cooler beers to match the same serving temperature of largers, tradition not always best!

At no time is this claim ''chemic, homogoenised, pasturised, tasteless, over carbonated, sterile, disguting puke they sell as smooth flow or extra cold ......... its all global brewery P**s and if your drinking it' has any trace fact. But your 'mate twice removed from your aunts great uncle' makes you the expert, I would of course bow to your questionable expert knowledge or lack of expertise!

Last edited:
What a load of old cobblers we are getting from the anti real ale brigade, I have never in 30 odd years of drinking real beer taken 3 or 4 pints to get a decent pint. The only time you question a pint of REAL ale is if it has not settled long enough, there for cloudy or if it is the end of a barrel and never does a decent landlord question your judgement as they are proud of the skill they posses in dispensing a premium product to discerning custom...... I also like a pint of Guinness,but you can even get a bad pint of that.

I'm not part of an 'anti real ale brigade' as you put it..... excuse me while i guffaw laughing.
It was rather an observation of real ale drinkers that i've seen in pubs in many years of drinking in pubs.
Oh... and a bit of taking the p!ss of course, but then real ale drinkers have about as much of a sense of humour as dress sense. Dare i mention CAMRA tee shirts and sweatshirts.

Last edited:
I'm not part of an 'anti real ale brigade' as you put it..... excuse me while i guffaw laughing.
It was rather an observation of real ale drinkers that i've seen in pubs in many years of drinking in pubs.
Oh... and a bit of taking the p!ss of course, but then real ale drinkers have about as much of a sense of humour as dress sense. Dare i mention CAMRA tee shirts and sweatshirts.

and beards :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back