Silverscreens again

REC

We need to buy an external screen for our van. Last time had silverscreens which we were happy with fit, function and priced ok. Have seen recommendation for Taylormade for similar price as well as polar screens. John cross also advertise one which is much less money but don't say if they do longer length ( so guess not) or if front flips down, or how it is fitted.
Has anyone up to date experience of any of these to help us decide? Silverscreens website is awful which put me off and Taylormade say low stock ....

Taylormade without a seconds thought....
Nicely made great customer car and keep the van cosy in winter and cool in summer....
I went with the deeper one with privacy mesh for the transit and will be doing same for the Fiat when I get around it.

Taylormade for us too: got the longer one to cover the vents and well pleased with it. Tried to get a quote from silverscreens but got no reply.

We have had a few Siler screens over the years for different vans, always a perfect fit they always fit like a glove no pulling and tugging, website and phone yes is a bit off putting but quality and service always First Class.

Alf

We need to buy an external screen for our van. Last time had silverscreens which we were happy with fit, function and priced ok. Have seen recommendation for Taylormade for similar price as well as polar screens. John cross also advertise one which is much less money but don't say if they do longer length ( so guess not) or if front flips down, or how it is fitted.
Has anyone up to date experience of any of these to help us decide? Silverscreens website is awful which put me off and Taylormade say low stock ....
Have a look at this site
www.camperbros.com/online-sales/Camper-Caravan-Accessories-25

• Thank You
Reactions: REC
Had both Silverscreens and Taylormade externals, not much between them regarding quality and fit and as others have mentioned the Silverscreens website and communications are a joke.
Presently have Taylormade on my 2019 Ducato base vehicle c class, these were in stock and are a perfect fit.

Thanks all! The polar ones seem like an option if Taylor made cannot supply. Think silverscreen are shooting themselves in the foot by not bothering to sort their website and phone. Has anyone experience of John Cross ones? The camperbros ones suggested by greengrass look similar to TM & SS but find the description and lack of reviews a bit off-putting.

As a side question to this topic do you use the screens when wilding? , I have silver screens but only use if on site I always think they look a bit obvious when wilding .

As a side question to this topic do you use the screens when wilding? , I have silver screens but only use if on site I always think they look a bit obvious when wilding .

I've always used silver screens whilst Wilding... Even in the campervan.... Its a great big transit Jumbo so hard to miss..
I'd rather that someone clocked onto the fact I was having a sneaky night out rather than thinking I was up to No good.
An as for the usual "what if you need to get away quickly".
I make sure I don't park in places where that's likely to happen.

Yes hardly ever over nite without them
Usually do, but also have internal ones which we would use if not too cold. Like to use the external as they really keep things cosy. If really cold, use both!

Ordered the polar ones today, the customer service man was really helpful and they should arrive Weds! Cost £145 for longer length, Silverscreen did reply but were £239 long length or £159 for seconds (standard length). Taylormade (£150) didn't answer the phone and website said low stock, so decided to go with one which I could contact today and def supply. Thanks for all the input.

I have the Polar ones, had Silver Screens before also many years ago had Taylormade ones but not happy as they were badly made. Polar screens work fine & a good fit, when I ordered them they were free next day delivery.

Good choice, Polar supplied ours last year and they have been fine in terms of fit and performance and their customer service is really good.

Im a bit late to the thread for advice but for the last 10 years ive used the same Polar screens in constant use,mostly summer and always in winter.Thats roughly 3000 days,just recently they became porous on the outside as the silver finish wore and uv light.I corrected it with a tent proofing product Fabsil Universal Pprotector from Go outdoors.Definately buy polar again.Paid £275 at the time they cost £350 now made to measure as they never had the pattern for a Tabbert.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back