Silverscreens again

REC

We need to buy an external screen for our van. Last time had silverscreens which we were happy with fit, function and priced ok. Have seen recommendation for Taylormade for similar price as well as polar screens. John cross also advertise one which is much less money but don't say if they do longer length ( so guess not) or if front flips down, or how it is fitted. Has anyone up to date experience of any of these to help us decide? Silverscreens website is awful which put me off and Taylormade say low stock ....
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

mistericeman

Taylormade without a seconds thought.... Nicely made great customer car and keep the van cosy in winter and cool in summer.... I went with the deeper one with privacy mesh for the transit and will be doing same for the Fiat when I get around it.

Edina

Taylormade for us too: got the longer one to cover the vents and well pleased with it. Tried to get a quote from silverscreens but got no reply.

Alf

We have had a few Siler screens over the years for different vans, always a perfect fit they always fit like a glove no pulling and tugging, website and phone yes is a bit off putting but quality and service always First Class. Alf

Greengrass

We need to buy an external screen for our van. Last time had silverscreens which we were happy with fit, function and priced ok. Have seen recommendation for Taylormade for similar price as well as polar screens. John cross also advertise one which is much less money but don't say if they do longer length ( so guess not) or if front flips down, or how it is fitted. Has anyone up to date experience of any of these to help us decide? Silverscreens website is awful which put me off and Taylormade say low stock .... Have a look at this site www.camperbros.com/online-sales/Camper-Caravan-Accessories-25

• Thank You
Reactions: REC

BusyLizzy

I bought Taylor made last week, they arrived this week. I wanted longer length which was in stock, I know low stocks was an issue otherwise. I found the ladies at Taylormade really helpful, really informative too. I also bought bought a bike cover for two electric bikes on back of motorhome. They were patient and gave instructions on the phone of where to measure my bikes and waited for me to go and measure there and then . I had a query about the fit when they arrived and I got a prompt response answering my question. I emailed silver screens and got no response. I cannot comment on the others but I have Taylormade long length for my 2011 fiat ducato bessacar with internal blinds . (that matters) I can fit them by myself easily .

witzend

I've had both SS and TM screens thought the TM where thicker material than the SS and have lasted 10 yrs with the velcro loseing its grip the last couple of years I replaced them with a set of https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polar-Silver-Thermal-Screen-Cover-Fiat-Ducato-P-Boxer-standard/283694865919?hash=item420d881dff:g:iEkAAOSwx2BcaoFh last year and are very pleased with them they do silver or black NZ has the black and was happy with them

• Thank You

Obanboy666

Had both Silverscreens and Taylormade externals, not much between them regarding quality and fit and as others have mentioned the Silverscreens website and communications are a joke. Presently have Taylormade on my 2019 Ducato base vehicle c class, these were in stock and are a perfect fit.

BusyLizzy

If I had the money it seems that going into external campervan van screens would be a good venture. Seems as a newby that the main two brands are siver screen and tailormade. Silver screen can't be arsed to reply . Taylormade are low on stock. Is there a business venture iopportunity ther> Silver screen still have not responded to my enquiery to date.

POI Admin

POI Administrator
Fiamma do covers too: https://www.fiammastore.com/Motorhome-Covers-and-Caravan-Covers-and-Shades/Fiamma-Coverglas-Windscreen-Cover

REC

Thanks all! The polar ones seem like an option if Taylor made cannot supply. Think silverscreen are shooting themselves in the foot by not bothering to sort their website and phone. Has anyone experience of John Cross ones? The camperbros ones suggested by greengrass look similar to TM & SS but find the description and lack of reviews a bit off-putting.

REC

Fiamma do covers too: https://www.fiammastore.com/Motorhome-Covers-and-Caravan-Covers-and-Shades/Fiamma-Coverglas-Windscreen-Cover These seem to be just covers as recommended for summer use and thermal insulation not mentioned?

POI Admin

POI Administrator
Looks like there's an insulated range too: https://www.fiammastore.com/Motorhome-Covers-and-Caravan-Covers-and-Shades/Nova-Thermal-Exterior-Cab-Blinds-for-vans-and-motorhomes

• Thank You

witzend

Thanks all! The polar ones seem like an option Good feed back on ebay got mine in a couple of days

saxonrosie

As a side question to this topic do you use the screens when wilding? , I have silver screens but only use if on site I always think they look a bit obvious when wilding .

mistericeman

As a side question to this topic do you use the screens when wilding? , I have silver screens but only use if on site I always think they look a bit obvious when wilding . I've always used silver screens whilst Wilding... Even in the campervan.... Its a great big transit Jumbo so hard to miss.. I'd rather that someone clocked onto the fact I was having a sneaky night out rather than thinking I was up to No good. An as for the usual "what if you need to get away quickly". I make sure I don't park in places where that's likely to happen.

witzend

As a side question to this topic do you use the screens when wilding? Yes hardly ever over nite without them

REC

Yes hardly ever over nite without them Usually do, but also have internal ones which we would use if not too cold. Like to use the external as they really keep things cosy. If really cold, use both!

REC

Ordered the polar ones today, the customer service man was really helpful and they should arrive Weds! Cost £145 for longer length, Silverscreen did reply but were £239 long length or £159 for seconds (standard length). Taylormade (£150) didn't answer the phone and website said low stock, so decided to go with one which I could contact today and def supply. Thanks for all the input.