Second Thetford casette - is it worth it?

Before I bought my current Motorhome, I designed in my head my next conversion, which would have been based on a Luton-type low-loader type box.
That would not have had an external door to the toilet cassette. However, the bathroom would have been at the back. And in-between the rear bathroom wall and the rear external doors of the van would have been a tall but thinnish garage space for the various awkward bits and pieces you want to carry.
And THAT is how and where the cassette would be accessed - so kind of inside but outside as well :)
I hadn't planned in the design for a 2nd cassette, but it would have been ideal to create a little house next to it for a 2nd cassette to make it very easy to swap over if needed with a minimum of fuss. I think I would do that if doing a build now.
I think the only reason to have a second one is if you have a family say two people with kids. I remember our initial wilding days having to look for a toilet to empty the cassette every three days.
I'd love to do another conversion I'm sure we would all do the layout a bit differently 😆

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back