Second Thetford casette - is it worth it?

At that rate, better to pee in the sink than faff about with bottles. :whistle: :unsure:

Davy
Not really though, is it, a bowl of soapy water is a different thing altogether and could even go into a hedge, as we are told to do in a drought to water plants, weeing in the sink will need to be cleaned or at least rinsed, not even sure I could get up high enough anyway :D :D

Can't believe this thread is still going, oh wait toilet thread maybe I can.
Gotta love a good toilet thread.

We used to carry a spare cassette in our last van. Then we sold the van to some guy who just went down to Spain in the winter and parked up in a camp site for 2 months. Said he never used his van's facilities. :confused:

No outside lockers in latest van, so we haven't gone down that route.......yet.

We used to carry a spare cassette in our last van. Then we sold the van to some guy who just went down to Spain in the winter and parked up in a camp site for 2 months. Said he never used his van's facilities. :confused:

Always the same with toilet threads. People are fascinated with peoples toilet habits. Some peculiar habits on here it seems. :D

Maybe we should start a gassing thread or legality of A Frames thread, they usually go on for months.

Always the same with toilet threads. People are fascinated with peoples toilet habits. Some peculiar habits on here it seems. :D

Maybe we should start a gassing thread or legality of A Frames thread, they usually go on for months.
Haven't seen a good gassing thread in quite a while. Did Covid kill off all the French criminals armed with gas tanks?

gassing in the spare cassette in the toad while the awning is out and watching TV on a Campsite. That must cover 6 of the 7 deadly sins of Camping?
What's the seventh? Don't tell me! Draining your grey water on a kiddies playground? Gives me no end of evil pleasure that one. 😎

That prat on his own will trump the rest combined!

Oh, and talking of trump, watching Trump IS acceptable as it is like watching the Keystone cops, three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy and Will hay all rolled into one.

I built my cassette locker inside the van because kids or others would prize it open if parked up.
Its just below the table outside the bathroom and handy to the exit van door.
table toilet door.jpg

I'm thinking of purchasing a second loo casette to take the stress out of loo use when the light comes on.

But Mrs Moped keeps reminding me that Spain and France have plenty of service points so is it necessary?

We normally park up in permitted spots anyway but they don't always have service points.

We do have payload and storage available.

My thinking is we can be more flexible when parking up and maybe stop for longer periods in spots not serviced.

A trip to Ireland in 2019 was an absolute knightmare for casette management but we managed it by using green bio fluid.

Be interesting to get the feedback from those who are double casetters.

Sorry still getting used to posting.
No you definitely do not need a second cassette.
I had s spare in my boot for the last 8 years and just replaced the old by binning for the new unused one. You also do not need chemicals or tablets. If wilding the best thing you can do is separate your ones from your twos. Without going into too much detail you can remain odour free for up to a month without emptying. All I added was a litre and a half of water😄 It's not for everyone but it definitely works👍

Sorry still getting used to posting.
No you definitely do not need a second cassette.
I had s spare in my boot for the last 8 years and just replaced the old by binning for the new unused one. You also do not need chemicals or tablets. If wilding the best thing you can do is separate your ones from your twos. Without going into too much detail you can remain odour free for up to a month without emptying. All I added was a litre and a half of water😄 It's not for everyone but it definitely works👍
Your pee must have been orangeybrown after a month and the stench of ammonia will have been overpowering.

This reminds me. My old original 25 year old Thetford I finally replaced is still in Room 101 (The garage). I presume I cant recycle it. I Reckon it will need to be buried in a lead box at a nuclear waste plant.

Have the cassette door inside? Or try and steal Trev's cassette? :oops:
Mainly the former, but deffo the latter.
Before I bought my current Motorhome, I designed in my head my next conversion, which would have been based on a Luton-type low-loader type box.
That would not have had an external door to the toilet cassette. However, the bathroom would have been at the back. And in-between the rear bathroom wall and the rear external doors of the van would have been a tall but thinnish garage space for the various awkward bits and pieces you want to carry.
And THAT is how and where the cassette would be accessed - so kind of inside but outside as well :)
I hadn't planned in the design for a 2nd cassette, but it would have been ideal to create a little house next to it for a 2nd cassette to make it very easy to swap over if needed with a minimum of fuss. I think I would do that if doing a build now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back