Red Flashing Oil Can and Message Change Engine Oil.

5andy

It’s all going wrong with the silver machine! I’m about 530 miles from home in Oxford and have planned to do twice that amount before getting home via the South West Coast, and this warning has come up when driving. As far as I can tell my oil level is at maximum.The Moho is due a service next month and is booked in. The Moho is a Fiat 2.3 multijet. My question is how quickly do I need to change the oil, could I get home, and if not could anyone recommend a garage near Oxford who could manage a 4tonne 7.5 meter motorhome? Alternatively if I can drive 200 or so miles is there a garage in Cornwall you could recommend. We’re Planning on heading to Tintagel next.

Could be a sensor problem Sandy. Some work on oil pressure rather than level.

Best to get it checked out if you can.

Some are brian warning lights which come on when a service is due,others are low pressure warning lamps,if the former it has to be connected up to tell the brain the oil has been changed.

Yes, I was thinking that Rob, my knowledge is zero On these issues. I have since phoned the garage where the motorhome gets its service and they‘ve basically said dont worry about it, this can happen when it’s due a service. I’d be interested what others think.

Is it still under grantee or warranty ? If so do everything you can to keep them happy :)

Thanks Trev, are you suggesting that There is a scenario we’re I should be reassured by the garage? It would save a lot of hassle.

The motorhome is 4 years old next month Harrow, so at least, for once, warranty is not an issue. It’s always a consideration though. Thanks.

Have you looked in the handbook? I would guess it's the standard oil change warning light as the garage has told you.

Thanks, I just thought the size of the vehicle would put most garages off, never even considered Halfords as an option. Would they do it?

If it is just flashing because it is wanting an oil change then you will be ok to finish your journey,
But if you don’t feel comfortable then just call into a garage and get the oil and filter changed,
Even Halfords would be able to do this for you.

Have you any breakdown cover
We do but we’re not actually broken down. Exclusions include lack of oil, which this isn’t, but assumed because it’s an oil thing and we haven’t actually broken down this wasn’t an option. Will give it a go if I get really concerned.

I did Colin, and that’s what concerned me initially. I went back to read it before responding to you, and I feel a bit more reassured. It’s talks about it being oil deterioration and what happens if you don’t change your oil. It doesn’t say how critical it is, our what time window you have to change it. It also says phone the dealer. So I guess I did and they said it will be ok.

Have you looked in the handbook? I would guess it's the standard oil change warning light as the garage has told you.

had my oil change & service done before we left on a 5000 mile trip because the service would have been due garage didn’t reset the service light and 700 mls from home got same warning a lot of unnecessary tension

If it comes back on after resetting you need to have it looked at rather than driving with it still on

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back