Rechargeable tyre Inflators like a battery drill any good for camper tyres? Which one recommended?

Spec for the Tmaxx one I linked to above

SPECIFICATIONS:
Maximum air flow: 160 Litres per minute
Voltage: DC 12 Volt
Motor output power: 537 W (0.7 HP)
Maximum amperage draw: 45 Amps
Maximum working pressure: 150 PSI
Cylinder diameter: 60mm
Maximum ambient temperature: 60°C
Minimum ambient temperature: -40°C
With amperage overload protector, Press to reset
Thats 5.5 CFM which is very very good, that should inflate a tyre in just over a minute.

Reactions: Alf
I haven't used the Ryobi inflator mentioned above to fill tyres from flat but didn't buy it for that. My van tyre pressure are 60 PSI Front and 65 PSI rear, as it's not easy finding petrol station forecourt inflators that can go above 60 I gave up with them and used to use a foot pump with a gauge on it to check and top up pressures. Even though I have never needed more than 5 PSI to top up it's still pretty knackering to do so with a foot pump at these pressures which is why I went with the Ryobi inflator.

So can't vouch for it to fill tyres from flat but it's very capable for topping up and easy to use, no 12V lead, fairly compact and not that heavy. They do 3 models, I got the R18MI-0, just set the pressure you require and press a button and it stops automatically when at that level.

Hope that helps

when i retire the workshop and mains compessor will be going, ive got several other ryobi battery tools so a ryobi ompressor using my existing batteries would make sense.
ive already decided that the limited range of power tools that ill be keeping for home use will be the ryobi battery ones rather than corded mains ones.

I use the ryobi compressor because I have several ryobi 18volt tools. It is the older blue coloured one, and it copes with topping up the motorhome tyres very well, which surprised me!

T-Max, Viair or ARB for me.

My Viair 440 is around 17 years old, getting a bit tired now, doesn't perform as well as used to, but my little tyres are no problem for it, it's designed for way bigger. Will be replaced by one of the above.

If you want the best, theres the ARB TC, but a new Viair 440 is less than half one of those.
You must be minted Mark, Trev could buy a van for the price of one of those. :ROFLMAO:

SPECIFICATIONS:
I have one of these and use it to blow the tractor tyres up. Which it does with ease

Watch you dont over do it. :eek:
explosion.png

Anyone on here use these? Are they any good? Do you only get what you pay for I/e more expensive better?
I bought a VonHaus inflator on ebay for about £30. Its brilliant. Battery lasts ages. Set the pressure and forget it. It stops automatically. Tested it on an 80psi tyre. No problem! Includes cig plug to run directly of 12v if battery is down. I charged mine once two months ago and it still pumps fine. 😉😉😉

I dont see the point in a 12v tyre pump when away as if the tyres going down its a punture, wheel change required, at home i use a proper big compressor on mains power.

I dont see the point in a 12v tyre pump when away as if the tyres going down its a punture, wheel change required, at home i use a proper big compressor on mains power.

There are several reasons a tyre may lose pressure though Trev.

A 12v pump may allow you to pump up a soft tyre to get you to a garage for repair (if actually needed). Or if you get stuck in soft ground it would allow you to deflate your tyre to gain traction and then re-inflate afterwards.

Deflating your tyres in fact may even give you the ability to sneak under a height restriction in an emergency! :)

There are several reasons a tyre may lose pressure though Trev.

A 12v pump may allow you to pump up a soft tyre to get you to a garage for repair (if actually needed). Or if you get stuck in soft ground it would allow you to deflate your tyre to gain traction and then re-inflate afterwards.

Deflating your tyres in fact may even give you the ability to sneak under a height restriction in an emergency! :)
True, dont think i will ever be in a mucky field, bridge, well 6 wheels here so will turn and go other way, soft tyre yes that makes sense, pity I don't have a valve on my head. :eek:sure is soft.😂

as ive got old an decrepit ive im unlikely to drag out the tools and jack an lug wheels about if i can pump up the tyre to get it to the garage an watch them do the work.

For those that are wondering about the Ring RAC900, heres some photos of it in use this morning. I use it like I use any vehicle, to check pressures and adjust. It’s stored in secure storage so that’s where I use it. I also use a Jaco hand held gauge which I find accurate.

The pump attaches to the battery points and easily reaches around a 6m van.

Attachments

• 630B5B6B-0FE0-4EF8-A7D2-3EE59954F9D2.jpeg
    630B5B6B-0FE0-4EF8-A7D2-3EE59954F9D2.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 264F21F7-0F7A-487A-B413-4714A30DA4E3.jpeg
    264F21F7-0F7A-487A-B413-4714A30DA4E3.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 88C9A6A1-57E4-42B4-8160-E02B6EFF968A.jpeg
    88C9A6A1-57E4-42B4-8160-E02B6EFF968A.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 6CD603D3-21DC-41E4-BBEE-6A85FBC247F7.jpeg
    6CD603D3-21DC-41E4-BBEE-6A85FBC247F7.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 103
Micky this sounds like a chocolate fire guard.
I tried using my cars tyre inflator to inflate my first Moho tyres.
Well it blew the 12v fuse and overheated the tyre inflator.

I bought one similar to mistericemans, (ring RAC 900) it cost around £80 with a C&MC 20% discount but it does the trick.

Also when using it, it’s best to have the engine running, this helps to prevent overloading the circuit and blowing the fuse. I hope I am not teaching you how to suck eggs, if I am I do apologise micky.
Bill

Dont mind sucking eggs when its an eggucation as up to now ive only used a footpump and an air inflator at the Garage but my nearest garage which had a free inflator has for some reason detached the air gun from the airline? maybe covid19 to blame? no inflators nearby so im looking for an alternative that will work on Sprinter tyres and my Freelander One tyres.

Trev didnt know you used to work at Chernobyl are you sure you know how much pressure to put in them tanks? :rolleyes:
Big oil tanks at Killroot power station outside Carrickfergus, shotblasted and 3 coats of chlorinated rubber put on with an airless gun, paint fan about 6ft and pressure 3000psi :eek:

Big oil tanks at Killroot power station outside Carrickfergus, shotblasted and 3 coats of chlorinated rubber put on with an airless gun, paint fan about 6ft and pressure 3000psi :eek:
Trev is this a before or after photograph as if its after looks like you missed all the corrugated sheeting at the bottom with the new rubber paint?

SPECIFICATIONS:
45A is a hell of a drawdown on the battery - will definitely need to have engine running to support that current for any length of time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back