Really?! Weapons on Board?

Being an antique dealer, I have a 19th century copper's truncheon & a bayonet that I bought from a French fleamarket (got the receipt), also as has has been mentioned, a large Maglite torch, enough to cave anyone's bonce in.

I also carry a pepper spray which I leave behind with a mate in Spain before returning to UK, plod would have a field day if that was discovered over here.

With 4 Harrison Deadlocks, I consider myself fairly safe with all this lot, I keep away from large groups & motorhome ghettos, any bad vibes received from a location, I just move on.

GSD and if they get passed the dog the wife will have them
:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

If you feel threatened enough to carry an arsenal of weapons it's surely time to give up the wilding and stick to the caravan parks.

I've heard of more break-ins happening in campsites or aires than out in the wilds.

Yes

I've heard of more break-ins happening in campsites or aires than out in the wilds.

But mainly because there are many many (x100 maybe) more instances of overnights in aires and campsites !

Not saying you are wrong but it is appropriate to consider the statistcs

I really can't imagine being threatened enough to feel the need to arm myself to the teeth. I suppose some people are just naturally nervy and would be better off staying at home and trying not to think about the burglars in their home town.

after wild camping for some 40 ish years in tents ,cars ,vans , and yes even caravans it can be done although nowadays it may be slightly easier to use a cheap cl site now 5 /10 quid a night ,i think if your that afraid /nervous of being attacked/robbed or roughed up a bit for your worldly goods to go as far as arm yourself with various implements of mayhem ,well thats if you would realy have the balls to use them because hesitate and the attacker will have them off you and use them himself/herself and your realy in the doodoo then ,because lets face it when confronted by a drug crazed looney ,which lets face it most attackers are you cannot stop them with a sledge hammer belive me i know after suffering an attack in Liverpool whilst on a night delivery for superdrug .young lad about early twenties ,turns out he was orbiting mars on crystal meth ,and decided myself and the driver was due a kicking before he robbed us ,belive you and me we fought resorting to literally kicking him in the jaw and face full whack with steel toecap boots he went down in a pile ,then got up and said if thats the best you can do then come on well thats untill he was knobbled by a couple of cops they had him well sorted . so if your that worried ,its time to pack wilding in and go on a camp site . oh by the way ,in the uk if you should use an offensive weapon you leave yourself open to going to court being fined or even wild camping in chokey , and then being sued by the attacker for damages after kicking them about a bit .crazy realy ,a few of our friends in the states cannot understand why if somebody attacks you in your own property why we cannot shoot them as they can ,they say its much easier ,and saves court and police time and energy and cash taking the perps to court then the thousands of pounds it costs looking after them , and they cannot do it again to somebody else ,can they

anyway sleep comfy in your beds the chances of being turned over a million miles from anywhere in the wilds is vertualy non existent , your more than likely going to get robbed in your own so called safe home . anyway what self respecting robber would realy want to rob somebody for there money /diamonds that are too tight or poor to park up in a laybye or carpark .

Always have carried a tool at the siege of my drivers seat from when I did 24hr recovery as some of the places you got sent to were dodgy in Scotland and England which you were not familiar with
Old habit I'm afraid

I no longer carry anything as a weapon, although I suppose there are items in the van which could be used as such.

I used to carry a hammer in the side door of my work van, and it was actually brought out in anger just once. A very effective deterrent it turned out to be too. :)

Please don't forget that if you have a weapon in your hand, you up the anti in both the eyes of an aggressor and the law. We used to carry a rounders bat which is a girly toy unless you are being cracked on the shin with it. It is light and short enough to swing in a confined space. Jabbed into the face of someone trying to enter could make them think otherwise. It is easy to conceal it behind your arm.

My brother gave my wife a carabiner to carry in her handbag. It is not a knuckle duster it is to help her carry heavy bags, "Honest ur oner".

I in no way suggest that you use these tactics but the possession of such items may give nervous people the confidence to have a good nights sleep :)

Richard

Sorry but if I felt the need to go armed I wouldnt be parking there.

there is a lot you can tell by just walking around a rural car park, are there lots of beer cans? broken bottles, skid marks? drug paraphernalia - not just needles but torn up roll up paper wrappers - and condoms If I see any of the above in excess them Im out of there

You have condoms in downpatrick.:scared:

Last edited:
Sound recording of the wife's hair dryer and home vacuum cleaner (no need to turn up the volume). It will drive any male or crazy out the van. Off course you will then end up standing outside the van with your ears ringing, exchanging sympathetic stories with the intruder which will perhaps, get you an invite to meet and socialize with the local criminal fraternity.

In the case of a lady intruder have a dvd recording of 'Meet the Midwife' to hand or get your wife/partner/intruder to discuss their 'feelings.

You will still end up outside the van for sometime so always keep a bottle of wine ready for these emergencies.

No violence involved unless she sees this post...

This year for instance there two break-ins at the municipal campsite at Chartres, & that's just from 2 people who had it happen to them.
I am not paranoid, just taking precautions.
I did a total of 4 months wilding this year in France & Spain & never once felt threatened.
But one can never be too careful.

Last edited:
This year for instance there two break-ins at the municipal campsite at Chartres, & that's just from 2 people who had it happen to them.
I am not paranoid, just taking precautions.
I did a total of 4 months wilding this year in France & Spain & never once felt threatened.
But one can never be too careful.

"Break in" usually refers to a forced entry into an empty vehicle. Most burglaries happen when you aren't there, so weapons are useless, unless you carry them around with you in case you come across a break in actually happening.

I will assume that there's (Hopefully) Mainly Novices, & the UN initiated in ACTUALLY being broken into, OR being Physically Threatened to the point of requiring any Defensive Tactics & Weoponary Being adopted by yourself that are posting.
So it's possibly worth considering the Embarrassment, Pain, Discomfort & Longer term effects that may arrise from Having YOUR chosen WEOPEN taken from YOUR Scared & Probably untrained hands during such an event & Used against You & The others on Board by Groups of People that Have Probably done things like this many times before.

IF you're going to take such measures or Preparations, LEARN & UNDERSTAND How to use them effectively within your Capabilities & Environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a rolled up newspaper.

And I'm prepared to use it. :ninja:

Aha - the dreaded "Millwall Brick" :)

There's also the dear sweet Doggy - ACD mouth.jpg

and, not forgetting the Mess Webley :) - Webley Mk VI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they may have a problem getting near enough to me, to take my 3ft long broad sword from me.

It was 5ft long but I found it a little bit awkward to cut the intruders bits off, in the confines of a van!

I of course am only joking but?!

Phill

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back