Rattagan pass

Pudsey great shot of what must be the best looking bridge on planet earth. We have walked over the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Brooklyn bridge, but they were not a patch on the Forth Rail Bridge.
You been up on the FRB, Bill? I was early nineties when RigBlast had the contract to blast and repaint, certain sections of steel required removal and replaced, not riveted, welded.
A fantastic structure and engineering marvel!

You been up on the FRB, Bill? I was early nineties when RigBlast had the contract to blast and repaint, certain sections of steel required removal and replaced, not riveted, welded.
A fantastic structure and engineering marvel!
No, my brother in law was high up on railway management. Before he retired he got the whole family up before it was open to Joe Public. But he’s retired now and we were out in the van that day. But one day I will get the lift up there Terry. I can never forget taking my son to deep sea world in the early 90s, and standing under this marvel of Victorian engineering. It’s strange how other countries can highlight their assets better than us. And the new road bridge is awesome, but only when it’s not chucking ice blocks at you in winter. :)

No, my brother in law was high up on railway management. Before he retired he got the whole family up before it was open to Joe Public. But he’s retired now and we were out in the van that day. But one day I will get the lift up there Terry. I can never forget taking my son to deep sea world in the early 90s, and standing under this marvel of Victorian engineering. It’s strange how other countries can highlight their assets better than us. And the new road bridge is awesome, but only when it’s not chucking ice blocks at you in winter. :)
When I was up in the FRB, Bill. It was strange looking down onto North Queensferry having this plan view of the town, it looked tiny from the bridge. The alemac access lift was secured to one off the stone pier supports, great view going up. Each section of bridge being worked on was 100% encapsulated while blasting took place, to capture the lead within decades of layers red lead paint.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back