Pros and Cons of Fulltiming

Sorry to all if I haven’t answered individual posts, but I’ve got limited power on my phone at the moment, & a lot on my plate with time demands.
But I Genuinely DO want to thank everyone who’s commented, your thoughts & offers have honestly made a Zombie all Warm & Squidgy inside.
😊

We have given an elderly couple in our village a key as they don't miss anything that goes on in our village plus walk past our bungalow twice a day to walk their dog. As such there is no huge pile behind the door. The length of the grass in the garden is another matter though as they are not up to mowing it. We had across-the-road neighbours who previosuly checked our place and mowed the lawn however they moved which was a shame as we got on really well with them.
He move because feed up mowing your lawn. 😂

im gettin g confused (not hard to do these days) ...i was looking for thread........pros and cons of full timing ...initiated by zombie.........
this thread is initiated by asterix..........where is the one initiated by ZOMBIE......cannot find it.?????????

im gettin g confused (not hard to do these days) ...i was looking for thread........pros and cons of full timing ...initiated by zombie.........
this thread is initiated by asterix..........where is the one initiated by ZOMBIE......cannot find it.?????????

'Tis one and the same thread, Trixie.

Zombie has just posted his current situation to the end of it.

You could also consider removing the cargo lift as well although as Mark said, it makes a great patio.
Very handy to keep unless every bit of weight saving is needed. You can shut the bottom but open the roller top bit, fairly secure at that and nice in summer. Fully shut is much more secure than adding a rear wall and door and allows more internal space.

Think yours has come in at about the same weight as my mates new one but his is transit based with very similar looking book NZ 👍

I was looking at these low-loader Luton type vans for a conversion rather than panel van conversion. Reckon it will be ideal and hopefully with the square walls will be a much quicker and easier fit out.
I loved the idea of the tailgate to use as a patio and thought it would be really cool, but they are a very heavy item and I think loosing that will free up a big chunk of payload. (I don't know how a tailgate like that would compare weightwise to a wheelchair lift? I would think they would be fairly comparable and the wheelchair lift I took off my minibus conversion weighed a few hundred kilo!)

Hey Trixie 😊,
Yes ‘Astrex’ started this thread, I often post all sorts of ‘Pros & Cons’ of full timing on it as a Livaboard.
I thought that what’s happened to me (Kinda loosing everything I own Twice) might be something that others wanting to live this lifestyle might want to prepare for or at least seriously give some thought to a contingency plan.
🤷🏻‍♂️😊

Best is I never tire of it. Worst is the parking fascists that run too much of the country. I do suffer with the heat sometimes too especially as I have a big mountain dog. Air con would be nice but I suppose it's very expensive.

& Noisey ED,
I have been 20ft away from a van with Aircon humming & rattling away all night, Not pleasant.

Mind you, I also don’t like the ramping up & down Jet engine drone noises from un silenced Night heaters so There’s just no pleasing a Zombie I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

(I’m going to fit a Night heater, Generator, & now you mentioned it Even Aircon in this van, just to annoy others that park near me 🤣🤣🤣)

& Noisey ED,
I have been 20ft away from a van with Aircon humming & rattling away all night, Not pleasant.

Mind you, I also don’t like the ramping up & down Jet engine drone noises from un silenced Night heaters so There’s just no pleasing a Zombie I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

(I’m going to fit a Night heater, Generator, & now you mentioned it Even Aircon in this van, just to annoy others that park near me 🤣🤣🤣)
Yeah somehow aircon seems more American RV than stealthy wild camper which is more my scene. I've got nice silvery blinds on every single window so can get well into the afternoon even in direct sun on a hot day. I actually don't even have a fan - dunno why not - gots to help - I shall acquire...

Hey Trixie 😊,
Yes ‘Astrex’ started this thread, I often post all sorts of ‘Pros & Cons’ of full timing on it as a Livaboard.
I thought that what’s happened to me (Kinda loosing everything I own Twice) might be something that others wanting to live this lifestyle might want to prepare for or at least seriously give some thought to a contingency plan.
🤷🏻‍♂️😊

ah... yes...just found it thread....it was.. VIEW OF PARK UP ...thread i was getting mixed up with.....you initiated it. Hmmm think i need to clear me head. lol

so sorry you lost boxy and the nest. did you not manage to rescue anything from boxy......
hope you keep us up to date with how its going with new van...do you have a name for it yet.
we are all rooting for you fingers crossed you will have it finished soon and be back on your travels./
you lead a very interesting lifestyle. take care

Hey, Thanks Trixie,
Well, I DID take some bits n pieces, But I couldn’t take a lot.
I was Broken Down in a Lay-by,
In The middle of nowhere,
Getting any Garages to even come & LOOK was a blinking nightmare.
I didn’t want to get recovered to a garage to then be told that they Couldn’t help, or if they COULD in fact help with the mechanical side, I probably wouldn’t have been able to see At aboard while they Found a slot, let a lone while they worked on it for Heavens knows how long.
THEN there’s the COST of throwing what could have been 6k at a vehicle that is 24 years old,
To then have OTHER problems arising like TURBO or whatever.
So 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I SCRAPED Boxy, chucked some stuff in a few bags, Headed for a wood & sat until my donut’s ran out 😊.

How about coming up with a list of things you need to fit it out and posting it here?

Folks may have decent stuff they no longer need knocking about in workshops and garages and I’m sure this community is resourceful enough to find ways of getting kit to you.

Just a thought 🤷‍♀️👍

Hey MSG,
Thank you, & Thanks TO all,
I’ve been working through a list of priorities, Most of the immediate stuff has been sorted, -
Safety,
Mobile,
Yard to work at,
New contract to earn money,
So EBay, Amazon & Tesco delivery are my new friends 😊.
But I will ALWAYS call my ‘Special’ friends (you lot) if I’m in a jam.
BTW
I will call those that have PMd me soon, just got a lot on my plate at the minute & not a lot of power -
Until my GENERATOR comes 😈🤣🤣🤣
HOWEVER-
If there’s any Donuts going 🤔….

I still remember that cake you sent to me in Cornwall years ago MSG,
YUMMY 🥰😋

So sorry about your van! I have no idea where you are and understand that you don't want to be inundated with a load of 'stuff' at this stage but if you need tools or help please say as people like to help. All the best with the daunting list you have to work through.

Wow, life knows exactly where to kick you, NZ! I suppose it being summer not mid winter will help. Good luck with getting you new van up and running, take all the help that is offered...especially the donuts! Don't think we have anything knocking around which would be of use, but a list is a brilliant idea!

Saw this recently and wondered how you are getting on Paul.
IMG20230916132024.jpg

Hey Guy’s 😊,
Well, it’s been a few weeks now, I’m Working, Waiting for a pay check end of the month so I can Amazon the hell out of the proceeds.
But I’m working, I’ve got Cider, Donuts & a Dry Van so life is pretty dam good 🥰.
Will put together a thread when I’ve made headway 👍.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back