Possible Permitted Overnight Parking in Whitby

maureenandtom

Yes, honest, Whitby.

2020-06-17_181057.png

wow..that would be great..........see it can be done ........when it suits them............if it comes to friuition............maybe other councils will follow...MAYBE???? we still have the virus......so that could be a big iffy.......fingers crossed anyway.....

What an excellent opportunity to show them the previous error of their ways. If the carpark is heaving in the winter with all that extra revenue then surely a permanent Aire could well follow. Cash is King and the current epidemic may allow them to reverse their previous hostile view with grace. We certainly will be going as its a lovely part of the country.

Keith

Whats the point of putting the facilities at the top of the hill. I am certainly not going to be walking up and down the 199 steps. They have facilities at the Marina car park so what's wrong with those. Amazing that they have just realised that they have been turning away trade for all the local businesses. They lost our trade a few years ago and we head for Sea Houses instead.

They couldn't have picked a worse car park in Whitby.
But plenty of exercise up and down the 199 abbey steps.

The free shuttle bus ends 2nd Sept.
True, but back in the day that was where everyone used to camp......used to be very colourful.

How very welcoming, allowing you to park up out of town, so you can come spend your cash, oh but only in winter, we don’t want you parking up and visiting in the summer months when we have enough tourists without you. Don’t think so, but then it’s not high on my list of places to revisit anyway.

I could well use it even though I have never had a problem staying in Whitby. It's a big carpark out of the way so should be quiet and a taxi after the pubs shut will only be a few quid. (y)

One things for sure if councils don't people moan, if councils do people moan.
What do you want a prime spot in the middle of town with a view all facilities and a machine to give you a tenner as you drive in. :LOL:

So this proposal is from an "Ex Council Member" Shame they werent so welcoming in the recent past banning all Motorhomes and Campervans in the Car Parks.I suppose if people are out buying Campervans and Motorhomes due to Staycations then these new owners wont know of past shannanigans with the Council and probably will visit in their vans.Many Like myself who know whats happened in the past will stay well clear of Whitby and other places that have banned us and will go to somewhere that has welcomed us with open arms.These are the places that deserve our cash.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back