Poll: Wondering if I am using my motorhome enough to make it worthwhile owning it

How many weeks a year do you use your motorhome for travelling about the place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m sure with your Irish gift of the gab you could sell them an outboard for the back of their van, just incase😂🤣
Yes im on the winning side with sales. ;)
parsun ukraine.png

Just to say a big "thanks" to all who responded to my poll. Being an Irishman living in England I was interested to note the "Irish" responses although I confess myself entirely unable to sell anybody anything! I am also interested to note the emphasis put on pounds cost of owning a motorhome - I am with those who would rather disregard the monetary cost and think about the less tangible and uncostable (does such a word exist?) benefits. In my original post I did mention the quantity of money tied up in the MH but ---- that was where the discussion was supposed to begin!!!

Love you all lots - whatever your views on almost anything/everything (Who said I am a s**t ?)

Here in South Dakota, USA, parked at a Walmart, waiting for SWMBO to finish her shop, I read this thread with the following thought.

What cost can you place on stories, memories and scenic beauty?

Occasionally I review our travels and attempt to quantify them as a cost by making comparisons to Cruises, All in Holidays and General Excursions the general public can buy.

With no exaggeration the cost for us to see the cities, fjords, mountains, scenery, countries, cultures we have would be near
£1/2 million if not more, over 11 yrs.

Not withstanding the savings on Hotels, Motels, Campsites or general ferry savings by being able to turn up and wait for a cost effective option.

I have used the vehicle for touring trips, pleasure, work occassionally, and even as a spare bedroom extension to the house.

Overall the motorhome is a tool to use.
So use it.
ENJOY.

I should also say that I am no rich person, have managed to save over many many years and travel frugally.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back