Phone holder for Motorhome Windscreen

barryd

My TomTom sat nav is ancient. Ill probably still use it as I like it but more and more I use google maps on my phone. There seems to be loads of phone holders online but can anyone recommend one thats good for the motorhome? One that rotates so you can view in landscape.

I use a Quadlock on my bike Barry with a vibration dampener to stop any vibrations damaging the camera.

I find it brilliant and they also do vehicle versions as well.

I use a Quadlock on my bike Barry with a vibration dampener to stop any vibrations damaging the camera.

I find it brilliant and they also do vehicle versions as well.

£50!! Ow Much! :D

I think I paid a bit more than that with the case, wireless charger, anti vibration dampener and the base unit Barry but I'm very happy with it.

I think I paid a bit more than that with the case, wireless charger, anti vibration dampener and the base unit Barry but I'm very happy with it.

I would get one for the bike Rob to be fair. Van dont matter as much. I know there are literally hundreds to choose from that should do the job, just hoping for a recommendation on something cheap that wont fall off the windscreen every five minutes. :D

I would get one for the bike Rob to be fair. Van dont matter as much. I know there are literally hundreds to choose from that should do the job, just hoping for a recommendation on something cheap that wont fall off the windscreen every five minutes. :D

That's the problem Barry I've bought loads cheaply in the past and they've fallen to bits after a while. Either that or they shake so much you can hardly see the screen.

I may buy one of those Quad Lock suction mounts though for the van as I already have the case and would only need the mount.

That's the problem Barry I've bought loads cheaply in the past and they've fallen to bits after a while. Either that or they shake so much you can hardly see the screen.

I may buy one of those Quad Lock suction mounts though for the van as I already have the case and would only need the mount.

I suppose another fifty quid aint gonna make much difference now. Its never ending! :D

£50!! Ow Much! :D
I use the RAM X-Grip, not the cheapest mount but the suction cup never comes off

Regards,
Del

I bought a magnetic one off Temu for about £6. Holds iPhone great but it mayfly be designed for iPhones. Base mounts via a sticky pad and I have mine on the dash but you could stick it to the windscreen if you preferred. Magnet is really strong, no way its gonna drop off.

Suction no good Barry, you have Remis blinds you'll have rings all over the screen.

I lay mine at the bottom of the dash binacle, on a bit of that rubber matting, never moves and easy to see.

Or you could get one of these maybe.

Yeah but I wont be driving with the blinds shut Kev. :LOL: Ill just take it off. Actually that reminds me. I need to come up with a solution to shut the blinds. They wont close properly with that fancy camera rearview mirror. Clothes peg!

Bog standard universal one here, same as in link, although £9 when I got it. Has never fallen off.
Not in the same class as Quad Lock or Ram mounts though, but it's been perfectly good.

Only thing I'd say is iPhones get fairly hot when navigating, and in full sun on dash, down southern europe, they'll turn off, unless it in blast of air con.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184134149147

Bog standard universal one here, same as in link, although £9 when I got it. Has never fallen off.
Not in the same class as Quad Lock or Ram mounts though, but it's been perfectly good.

Only thing I'd say is iPhones get fairly hot when navigating, and in full sun on dash, down southern europe, they'll turn off, unless it in blast of air con.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184134149147

Thats more like it. :D

Stupid boy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Every time you take it off it'll leave a ring, and I already telled ya how to shut the blinds fully, if you didn't get it, give me a video call from the van and I'll talk you through it.

Back