petition for British aires.....

I would like to think that this petition produced a satisfactory result

The biggest problem will be the people who may use the Aires as not all of them may be bona fide "Motor Caravanners"

On the European Aires, the Police take a more robust approach to non genuine "motorhomers" or Camping Caristes and turf them out in very short order

The biggest problem is that people think it is too much trouble to sign or that it's not worthwhile.

Link not working, but not a problem as I've yet to see a petition on this subject which is anything but a total waste of time.

It's never a waste of time. Plenty of people think like Steve but if all who think like him signed ... then .... who knows?

petition

3543 and rising
signed petition
Has anyone got contacts on other Motorhome/ Campervan / Motorcavaners forums etc to send the link to to spread the word

the planning regs are different in the uk compared to Europe, regretfully it will never happen as such things are down to local authorities individually not parliament so a pointless petition, been tried before, as has lobbying local authorities and all fell on deaf ears. It will never happen on a large scale in fact the number of authorities who are anti motorhomes is increasing due the the abuse by a very small minority.

I have "signed" it but I would also imagine that the chances of this resulting in anything are remote indeed, on grounds of cost and the fear of the aires being quickly filled by "travellers" who are more aptly referred to as "settlers".

Just signed at 4400 now.

I would have liked to see a more expansive description about the petition outlining the economic benefits motorhomers / camper vanners can bring to an area that allows overnight parking, ie :- money spent in shops, attractions, fuel bought, restaurants etc.

Money talks and people (councillors) sit up and take notice when overnight parking is turned into pound notes for the council treasury!!!

The point is ....

A petition like this occasionally gets spectacular results. This one probably won't. This petition is probably the fourth or fifth I've seen and we can be reasonably sure that we won't get a result; a result, that is, that gives us an immediate network of approved parking places. This is no reason not to sign it.

Most of us who have spent time trying to get approved parking places established are fumbling around in the dark and we wonder why approval is so difficult btu we have been learning. Planning problems, public outrage, expense of clearing up after us, prejudice against Travellers, potential abuse by overstaying - and so on.

If this petition gets a certain number of signatures, 10,000 I think, then the government is, somehow, compelled to give an answer; we will be told why it is difficult to approve overnight parking.

When we know the official answer then we can begin to work on solving whatever the problem is.

This thread is a year old.
If its so old why not just remove it .....people say they signed which is an easy option but it is just a waste of time ...what is really needed is committed Owners clubs and local clubs to lobby Authorities and Councils as to the benefits of motorhome tourism which is the way they approach the problem here in Spain even down to suggesting possible locations in some instances. One major stipulation seems to be limiting the time allowed to park ie normally 72Hrs (yes I know on the costas this is ignored ) ..but its there and available to the local police if needed.
I think a major problem is Brit Motorhomers are too independent and not into communial or social gatherings.As any body who comes here will notice the Spanish seek out fellow Spaniard (strangers ) and have a get together.
I know people will come back with a thousand reasons why it cant be done but thats is surley the challange..... Reachs for his hard hat lol

Brian K

PS here is a snippet (google via Chrome translate not perfect ) of an approach to Aires in Spain.

Los propietarios de autocaravanas valoran las plazas en Avilés y que se regule su uso - La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back