Pee bottles

When I lived in Brittany a young travelling girl would stay on my land, she had a horse drawn “roulotte’ with no facilities, as she wore hippy type long dresses she would just bend down pretty much anywhere, I assumed she didn’t use underwear?at least I hope not.
Have done that many a time wearing the Kilt, once at a GP at Donnington the toilets were minging so using a plastic bag holding a handle in each hand and have a dump. Our mechanic after a night on the Guinness at the TT we were talking to a couple of guys that pulled up on a couple of classic bikes, Mullen let rip but followed through. The two guys just looked at each other and left, the bonus was it did not mark his Kilt. 😂😂😂

Where do folk think farmers and helpers go when out working the fields, ps dont peep when the girls are behind it. ;)
haystack.jpg

He needs a bottle in his motor. Easier peeing in a bottle in a van though.
Worth having a bucket too :p

France,, Spain and Portugal impressed me when i first went there ,with their pragmatic attitude to human waste . we all did it , no big deal , just try not to be an exhibition or nuisance . so not too shocking to see smartly dressed french ladies crouch down in the long grass, in full view ,but dignity maintained .
saw a spanish cop on a traffic island stop all cars while stood and had a long piss
Queen Victoria wore crotchless drawers and they weren't for Albert's delight !
i just can't find this sort of thing offensive , but remember well holding one of my kids age 3 over a gutter in Bath,and hearing a disapproving tutting noise ,turned in time to give 2 miserable old cows the full benefit of my command of Anglo-Saxon foul mouthery

Proper loos only came into use 150 years back or less, before that it was buckets out the front window onto the street, many out of town irish places to lately did not have toilets, wifes dad thought they were a disgusting thing to have in a house, they never had one on the farm, they went behind a nettle hill at bottom of garden into a river.

Was wild camping recently and every time there was a van parked up their sliding doors were going all night to go out and pee in the hedge. Why on earth don't they get a pee bottle? I carry a couple saves using toilet and is very convenient for boys and girls. I have heard there are talks about only letting self contained units wildcamp. Thoughts?
How bizarre and very rude, they must be aware how much noise their door makes? Urghh.

At the risk of being branded a weirdo and / or TMI I don't have a motorhome even yet but am intending to invest in a couple of pee bottles precisely as you say they are very handy. As mostly I will be away from campsites but almost certainly near my bike if not already in a town I really don't see myself using the onboard cassette toilet for..solids unless in an emergency, because:

1) It's only me starting off at least. Combining how ubiquitous pee bottles are, bonus of being penis equipped (allegedly) then I promise I'm not being lazy I just don't see it as 'efficient' to use the toilet to pee in, aside from the public alternatives or in the wild, considerately I also have to factor in:

2) Black waste removal - As stated my aim is to mainly wild camp in my MH so what I will NOT have easy access to is the proper place to empty cassette toilets. I can feasibly see me booking overnight at a site just to empty this, charge up and refill fresh water.

As I'm only talking pee here it seems silly to 'dirty' the toilet unless I absolutely have to, or guests want to use it of course.

For very different reasons even in the wild I wouldn't be opening sliding doors late at night, just rude behaviour.

5 cans of440 . Just stack up and at end of night just push a teaspoon though hole to enlargen !.
Thumb on spoon and push , refill no sharp edges..

This technique is also good for drawing pins for Christmas decorations In ceilings

How bizarre and very rude, they must be aware how much noise their door makes? Urghh.

At the risk of being branded a weirdo and / or TMI I don't have a motorhome even yet but am intending to invest in a couple of pee bottles precisely as you say they are very handy. As mostly I will be away from campsites but almost certainly near my bike if not already in a town I really don't see myself using the onboard cassette toilet for..solids unless in an emergency, because:

1) It's only me starting off at least. Combining how ubiquitous pee bottles are, bonus of being penis equipped (allegedly) then I promise I'm not being lazy I just don't see it as 'efficient' to use the toilet to pee in, aside from the public alternatives or in the wild, considerately I also have to factor in:

2) Black waste removal - As stated my aim is to mainly wild camp in my MH so what I will NOT have easy access to is the proper place to empty cassette toilets. I can feasibly see me booking overnight at a site just to empty this, charge up and refill fresh water.

As I'm only talking pee here it seems silly to 'dirty' the toilet unless I absolutely have to, or guests want to use it of course.

For very different reasons even in the wild I wouldn't be opening sliding doors late at night, just rude behaviour.
Taking my dog out at night is not rude .
Not taking my dog out at night would distress her .
p s. I don't park my whoosh bang next to anyone , but often they park next to me !

France,, Spain and Portugal impressed me when i first went there ,with their pragmatic attitude to human waste . we all did it , no big deal , just try not to be an exhibition or nuisance . so not too shocking to see smartly dressed french ladies crouch down in the long grass, in full view ,but dignity maintained .
saw a spanish cop on a traffic island stop all cars while stood and had a long piss
Queen Victoria wore crotchless drawers and they weren't for Albert's delight !
i just can't find this sort of thing offensive , but remember well holding one of my kids age 3 over a gutter in Bath,and hearing a disapproving tutting noise ,turned in time to give 2 miserable old cows the full benefit of my command of Anglo-Saxon foul mouthery
As @n brown says,
Portugal has a very relaxed attitude to public urination.
Every stationary truck or Tractor with a large rear wheel is a legitimate target.
Nobody batted an eyelid, when I blessed a council cherry picker truck. The guy at the top gave me a thumbs up.
He was decorating the newly installed Xmas tree in the town main square.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back