Overnight and all day in a disabled space not good pr

We are not the "Motorhome Police"
I have posted similar before.
The same appiles to "TMT's" excessive posts on toilet emptying.
Yes people abuse "Their Status"
Some do not deal with "Grey and black waste" properly which is very bad etc !
Hard Hat securely on !

Which raises the question, what are the 'benefits' of parking in that spot? Is it so a disabled person might admire the view, or is it for them to access the water front, or is it to access nearby shops/services?

I can't see how they can justify being there for 5 or 6 days non-stop, that's an awful lot of viewing or shopping. They have left now, to go elsewhere possibly.

Not all disabilities are physical and am very aware of that, my mother with Alzheimers could dash off at a tidy pace which is why she had a disabled badge as I couldn't park where she needed to be doctor/dentist etc, leave her and expect to still be there when I got back from parking the car. The Blue Badge was a godsend for us

And how many days can we stay? We've had a few, day 6, 5 or 6 days.

I'm confused lol

We are not the "Motorhome Police"
I have posted similar before.
The same appiles to "TMT's" excessive posts on toilet emptying.
Yes people abuse "Their Status"
Some do not deal with "Grey and black waste" properly which is very bad etc !
Hard Hat securely on !

I'm with you chap.....

Frankly The amount of negative posts I've read on here recently and the amount of frankly blatant trolling/baiting,
make me doubly determined to do my usual trick of trying to avoid people as much as possible.

This used to be a great friendly place to view folks pictures, share tips, and mostly very helpful folks...

Of late it just seems full of bile and negativity to the point of even Phil having to make some fairly drastic posts....

I'm greatly surprised there aren't more folks unable to post any longer....

If you saw me, you would think I was allowed a blue badge, I'm not as my disabilities are not deemed permanent.
I'm pretty sure that you used to be able to get temporary blue badges for temporary disabilities. Has that changed?

I'm pretty sure that you used to be able to get temporary blue badges for temporary disabilities. Has that changed?
When I asked at our local council I was told it could only been given to those with a ' enduring and substantial disability', at the time it was expected to be sorted within a year, 18 months later and the only local surgeon who can do the op is only doing 'emergencies' at moment, well I'll probably end up as one of those.

I was told Cancer patients qualify for a blue badge ,they have many hospital visits both short and long stays , surley they Deserve blue badge bays .I was in shoping center car park all blue badge were full , but plenty of empty mother and child bays a shop worker came to assist me and told me a blue badge holder can park in M n C bays .In this carpark .
Simply been a cancer patient does not qualify someone for a blue badge.

A large motorhome parked for months at Marine drive near Ferring Sussex and other persons over staying their welcome in their vans led to the anti motorhome mob on the council imposing a TRO specially directed at Motorhomes. Think the restrictions are no motorhomes allowed to park from 9pm to 9am. Very sad as Mandie and I used to enjoy our last night here in Geraldine the camper before heading home locally.

I also thought that there were time limits to blue badge parking. Maybe a badge holder can enlighten me
Usually 3 hrs with a time card on single and double yellow lines, otherwise no time limit in disabled bays and on street pay and display or council car parks!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back