over use caused by WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN

Harrytherid

The other day we pulled up to one of our favourite spots where we are usually the only motorhome and as we approached, I was pleased to note that there were no height barriers yet as I suspect there will be soon. However, I was dismayed to note that there were four wagons there already (one an “a” class, forgotten which make, was pushed through the hedge at the rear) and the only space that I can completely fit into was already taken by a panel van conversion (shorter than me). Well we squeezed into a spot along side the panel van (Autotrail, I think) and was further dismayed to note that blocking the best view was what looked like a home converted builders truck with a box on the back, eyesore. We went for the harbour cruise we were planning on and when we came back the Autotrail couple had their chairs and table out grrr, should have said something but didn't. We then drove off for three days and on our return, the “a” class was still there, talk about abuse. I should be surprised, next time we go, if there is not some anti MH restriction. I was told that they all found the spot on “WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN” web site. No room for us this time. Fortunately we then found a spot nearby, not so good but OK for a night stop and should not upset anyone. We were told by the Autotrail occupants that “WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN” even described the attractions of the spot encouraging it’s use.

Even to me this sounds as though I am just being selfish but abuse and over use of such spots only leads to their removal from availability. A couple of years ago there was a spot at Marazion where one chap consistently parked on the footpath for the whole summer and refused to do otherwise when approached and complained to by other users (I was told). The next year the council reformed the 4 meter plus footpath making it unusable by any but all terrain vehicles.

The other day we pulled up to one of our favourite spots where we are usually the only motorhome and as we approached, I was pleased to note that there were no height barriers yet as I suspect there will be soon. However, I was dismayed to note that there were four wagons there already (one an “a” class, forgotten which make, was pushed through the hedge at the rear) and the only space that I can completely fit into was already taken by a panel van conversion (shorter than me). Well we squeezed into a spot along side the panel van (Autotrail, I think) and was further dismayed to note that blocking the best view was what looked like a home converted builders truck with a box on the back, eyesore. We went for the harbour cruise we were planning on and when we came back the Autotrail couple had their chairs and table out grrr, should have said something but didn't. We then drove off for three days and on our return, the “a” class was still there, talk about abuse. I should be surprised, next time we go, if there is not some anti MH restriction. I was told that they all found the spot on “WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN” web site. No room for us this time. Fortunately we then found a spot nearby, not so good but OK for a night stop and should not upset anyone. We were told by the Autotrail occupants that “WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN” even described the attractions of the spot encouraging it’s use.

Even to me this sounds as though I am just being selfish but abuse and over use of such spots only leads to their removal from availability. A couple of years ago there was a spot at Marazion where one chap consistently parked on the footpath for the whole summer and refused to do otherwise when approached and complained to by other users (I was told). The next year the council reformed the 4 meter plus footpath making it unusable by any but all terrain vehicles.
Sadly this happens everywhere.
And even sadder this will continue unabated.
Some are so stupid they cannot see past their own noses, or simply are not bright enough to care.
Whilst some of us follow strictly the guidelines religiously, others reckon that this type of behaviour is acceptable.
Sadly in a few years we may be limited to campsites and Aires, in all but the remotest of areas.
But many of the issues councils face were the result of covid restrictions, and we are still suffering from the after effects of this with large numbers of new owners who are ignorant of our guidelines, or who simply don’t care.
We now avoid popular places during the summer months, instead heading to them in the quieter months, when people like this don’t tend to venture out.
As for the other comments well, I use one of these sites.

Last edited:

I'm a bit confused by this H.

I get the bit about abuse of the site (tables etc blocking parking places), but the blocked website is only doing what our own forum POI's do. Unfortunately with the increasing popularity of motorhomes and staycations the use of available places to stop is bound to be pressurised. But we can't really expect exclusive use.

I'm a bit confused by this H.

I get the bit about abuse of the site (tables etc blocking parking places), but the blocked website is only doing what our own forum POI's do. Unfortunately with the increasing popularity of motorhomes and staycations the use of available places to stop is bound to be pressurised. But we can't really expect exclusive use.
Yes Rob, I agree. I use our pois and search for sites. The problem is not the sites but some of the people who use them. Also there are more and more vans out there, with fewer places being available. That’s a recipe for disaster, and poor behaviour. Possibly these sites should highlight our guidelines, not that would make any difference to some who use them. But I reckon some of the stupidity we see is simply down to ignorance.

You seem to make a big emphasis about the types of vans other people use and you say that it’s one of your favourite spots could be the guy in the A classes favourite spot too. It’s really terrible that there were four vans there o god heaven forbid but you still squeezed yourself in so the next guy who comes along sees 5 vans at his favourite stop and thinks that’s bad. The web site you say is banned is only banned by admin because it is in direct competition to his business so creates a conflict of interests for him but the way you have put it emphasising the word blocked seems you are trying to say it’s banned because it is bad or has done something wrong. Go and enjoy yourself man.

I must admit that the OP's behavior does sound selfish.
a) He states that "over use of such spots only leads to their removal from availability" but then he"squeezed into a spot along side the panel van" to make the situation worse. If height barriers are erected at this site he must acknowledge that he is part of the reason.
b) He complains that someone was blocking "the best view" and even worse was doing so with a "home converted eyesore".
c) He objects to people using “WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN” to find sites, but is a full member of this group which does exactly that.

Matthew 7:3-5​

Yep sorry OP. If is was already crowded, move on.

It's all part of the joys of wilding. What was blissful and a spot you had to yourself last time could be full of vans, council workers or marauding Elephants next time! 😁

Just have a plan B and C.

I've not wilded once this year. Coming down through Wales and into Devon and Dorset and wanting long stays it just don't work. Not even worth trying.

I know how you feel though. I get this feeling of anticipation when I do turn up at a known wild spot that it might be full or overcrowded but we have no rights whatsoever so you have to be prepared to just say feck it, glower at the ones that are there and go somewhere else.

The hog twins on you tub just exploded parking in the street in the good old USA. But they have guns.
So you all think this is going to last for ever ever . Be happy today as it's a charging world. You pay then you can stay.

I must admit that the OP's behavior does sound selfish.
a) He states that "over use of such spots only leads to their removal from availability" but then he"squeezed into a spot along side the panel van" to make the situation worse. If height barriers are erected at this site he must acknowledge that he is part of the reason.
b) He complains that someone was blocking "the best view" and even worse was doing so with a "home converted eyesore".
c) He objects to people using “WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN” to find sites, but is a full member of this group which does exactly that.

Matthew 7:3-5​

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

The biggest problem is the councils not recognising the need for places and facilities for motorhomes, and the benefits to the local economy that we can bring.
They need to have a look at France to see how well it can work,
Rather than banning us because we fill the very few places available, if we had more places to park up in then the few places available might not get so over crowded.
As for getting table and chairs out this could be policed as it is in France.
But then again if someone in a car pulls up and gets a table and chairs out of the boot and has a picnic nothing is said,
It doesn’t get put all over social media that someone had a wonderful day with their car and picnic set up, and that it shouldn’t be done.

The biggest problem is the councils not recognising the need for places and facilities for motorhomes, and the benefits to the local economy that we can bring.
They need to have a look at France to see how well it can work,
Rather than banning us because we fill the very few places available, if we had more places to park up in then the few places available might not get so over crowded.
As for getting table and chairs out this could be policed as it is in France.
But then again if someone in a car pulls up and gets a table and chairs out of the boot and has a picnic nothing is said,
It doesn’t get put all over social media that someone had a wonderful day with their car and picnic set up, and that it shouldn’t be done.
Spot on.

Take East Lothian, in the whole of East Lothian they have set up 5 spaces for motorhomes at Silvercraigs near North Berwick. Of course there are other places you can unofficially park in East Lothian ;)

Last edited:
Am I being thick but what does WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN mean in the context of vans parking in a certain spot?

Reactions: liz
WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN means that a member has put a link to a website that is a competitor to this website. I do not allow the promotion of other similar companies on this website, so the software removes the link and replaces it with: WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN.

WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN means that a member has put a link to a website that is a competitor to this website. I do not allow the promotion of other similar companies on this website, so the software removes the link and replaces it with: WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN.
I think I'll create a www.websiteblockedbyadmin.co.uk and post wilding spots on it, just to annoy you. 👹

Well thank goodness for that Phil, just spent an hour searching the net for "website blocked by admin" for a list of great wilding spots but couldn't even find a website going by that name;)

Look on the brightside when the Covid buyers finally find it's not for them there will be thousands of cheaper vans on the market that we might be able to afford again.

We usually stay in places where it difficult to get more than one van in and park so it's impossible for another one, the site (NOT) mentioned was the only way we managed this trip, I have added quite a few ROI places to the WC app to help others who venture over here, but kept a few for ourselves that we have just happened upon, but it could do with more, admittedly many originated on the other site, but I dare say some came from the WC app at some point.

Am I being thick but what does WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN mean in the context of vans parking in a certain spot?
Link to another website/page in the original post blocked by Admin on here as its seen as a competitor .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back