Old Age After Full Timing

Kev you go on holiday journeys, that’s different to living in the van instead of a house. Well it is unless you have lots of funding behind you. I do it on my state pension so definitely not 2 fills a week lol
That was a fairly normal days work Neil not holidaying, but I did it because I loved it.

State pension is all.i get now plus AA or I'd be stuck at home.

Winter away would suit me but not parked up, I hate being at home.

But France even down south we only got two really nice days the screen was misty almost every day.

Weather in France is similar to the UK i find just a tad warmer until summer and even then you have to be well south for it to be settled. July and August best. Otherwise it can be mixed. You can get lucky of course. I've seen 30c in the Dordogne end of September but not for long. Shorter days. No gulf stream influence so in April and May in the south you might see freezing mornings and 20c+ by afternoon.

Just looked at how we are doing.

You need to do a few weeks or months before committing I think at least.
Yes, I have 24 days off work end of August /Sept time, so am planning that now. Going to try the free locations and maybe a CL or two on my way around Scotland. Are there any places you would recommend?.. going across from Hull to the Lakes and then up the coast and around Scotland, coming back down the east coast.

Have you looked at the app yet, it's quite good.

Click the,near me icon bottom left, the distance setting is critical, I have mine set like this as we often plan a route based in where a stop is, normally it is set to 10 but you have to be zoomed in too much for me.

Screenshot_20240606-075223_Chrome.jpg

I will check this out, I have used a number of other Apps so far for free stopovers and CL's Some need updating, but others are really good.
I think I am looking at going up to Skye in Aug/Sept . Thanks

I will check this out, I have used a number of other Apps so far for free stopovers and CL's Some need updating, but others are really good.
I think I am looking at going up to Skye in Aug/Sept . Thanks
You will need to join in order to access the location details in the app.

The app features many locations not shown on the well known public access apps...

Well worth joining!

The most important thing you can do is listen to your heart. Most people never full time because they are scared of change and full of worry and the what ifs.
No matter how you live your life their will always be worries and problems. Can you live cheaply without wasting your money because most people can't.
Start living now before it's too late I'm 10 years in and have no regrets.

The most important thing you can do is listen to your heart. Most people never full time because they are scared of change and full of worry and the what ifs.
No matter how you live your life their will always be worries and problems. Can you live cheaply without wasting your money because most people can't.
Sorry for some reason this has posted here and not the fulltiming thread . If admin could move id appreciate it 👍

Start living before it's too late is some great advice... I wish I had given up working years ago.
You still in uk Kevin. I've lost all my phone numbers along with my phone.
We are going to italy in 3 weeks and back in uk in September. Even treated the motor to some new oil ....

Hi drover ,yes mate been UK based for quite a few years now , mainly because of ****** and our governments incompetence. Looking at the idea of a smaller secondary van or a canal boat. As I don't part with money easily I've been entertaining the idea for about three years now 🤣

Filling the tank twice a week, you must still think you are delivery driving. Time to chill 😂😂
Filling a van tank twice a week, if that is the norm, means you would do over 50,000 miles a year! I doubt if any motorhome does close to that?

Filling the tank twice a week, you must still think you are delivery driving. Time to chill 😂😂
The van does about 400 miles per tank so not exactly setting the world on fire are we, you forget I like to drive every day.

Look on the France thread I detailed when and how much I put in Neil.

I'm not knocking those who want to park up for more than one night, some will get out and do stuff, we do when I can, but it isn't that easy.

I just helped someone get sheltered accommodation in Letchworth UK.

The priorities that each council has are different but there is usually a waiting list.

The kind of things that will move you up the list are:

1. Age
2. Health conditions both mental and physical.
3. Associations with the area in question.
4. Have you lived/worked in the area?
5. Do you have friends/family in the area.
6. Means. Do you have savings to enable you to go into a private place, even temporarily till your means fall below a threshold, which I think may be 23k or around that figure.
7. Time spent on the waiting list.

It's a bit of a mercenary system but places are short, depending on location.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back