Not Looking Good For Our Scottish Foray !

The spike in Aberdeen is down to one infectious person going to a bar.
News reports don't say whether it was a local person, but chances are it was. Not a visitor.
Rumours are it was someone who traveled to Aberdeen for workšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Im just back from 4 weeks down south during this trip I must say I never once felt uncomfortable or had anyone make or say anything that was out of order about me being there in my van if anything I think I was made to feel welcome where ever we went. I think it would be the same for anyone travelling in Scotland from another part of the uk I have good faith in my countrymen and hope all these stories of people being mistreated because they are visiting from another part of the uk are just blips that can happen at anytime but due to Covid thing are being blown up a bit.

Them soft southerners were too scared of Wully :eek:

Rumours are it was someone who traveled to Aberdeen for workšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Worse than that. It appears to be someone who came here on the way to work after a holiday abroad. The rumour (seems to be backed by the evidence) is that despite already feeling unwell the guy went on a pub crawl with several mates. Shortly after there was an illegal house party in Aberdeen attended by youngsters both from Aberdeen and certain areas of Aberdeenshire. Some of the attendees at this party had been infected via drinking in the various pubs that the pub crawlers had visited.

If these rumours are true then the level of selfishness / ignorance / stupidity is beyond comprehension. I only hope that there are some widely publicised prosecutions - folk may then realise what is happening.

Worse than that. It appears to be someone who came here on the way to work after a holiday abroad. The rumour (seems to be backed by the evidence) is that despite already feeling unwell the guy went on a pub crawl with several mates. Shortly after there was an illegal house party in Aberdeen attended by youngsters both from Aberdeen and certain areas of Aberdeenshire. Some of the attendees at this party had been infected via drinking in the various pubs that the pub crawlers had visited.

If these rumours are true then the level of selfishness / ignorance / stupidity is beyond comprehension. I only hope that there are some widely publicised prosecutions - folk may then realise what is happening.
If itā€™s true the selfish, ignorant fecker should be jailed as peopleā€™s lifeā€™s are at riskšŸ¤¬ If he had followed the guidelines of quarantine after returning from abroad and get tested and self isolation if you feel unwell the good people of Aberdeen wouldnā€™t be on lockdown again. Makes me so angry.

We had text messages last week saying ................................

Preston has had a spike of Covid19.
Please avoid visitors in your home.
Wear face coverings in enclosed public areas/to mosque.
Get tested if you have symptoms.

The couple next door ( attached semi ) have got their family up, visiting and staying over as follows ..........................

Mum and dad from Surrey, sister from Leicester, sister from Wolverhampton, brother from Blackburn ( goes home ) and sister from north Preston ( goes home ).

All of them coming and going like it`s a fcuking free for all.

I`ve phoned the police to report them and they are not interested in the slightest.

I have video evidence of them all partying in their back garden which is timed and dated and i have a record of my phone call to the police.

Mark my words if we catch it i`m going to try and do my best to take legal action against whoever i can because this is a fcuking joke !!!!!!!!!

One of the big problems at the moment is groups like "NC500 The land weeps" on Facebook. The comments are worth reading just to get a feel for their antipathy towards us. No doubt many of them are from the independence groups. However most visitors seem to be finding no problems. We are going up there in September but not for the NC500 as we have been camping in Scotland for the past 40 years and already know it so well. It will be interesting to see what it is like and hopefully by September most of the idiots will have gone home. What idiot put a name to the NC500. That is what has caused the problem.

My take is that yes, youngsters may be 'selfish', but tbh I don't really blame them.
And my recent experience when out and about down in Derbyshire the last few days showed me that everyone, including youngsters, were behaving extremely well.

The path of C-19 so far has hardly affected the under 25s.
Based on the progression of C-19 to date, the stats definitely show that people in this age group have virtually zero chance of dying if they catch it.

I think it is beholden on each of us to take responsibility for our own safety and to stop getting up in arms every time there happens to be an outbreak somewhere. You can't put this Pandora back in the box.

If you maintain a safe distance from neighbours who want to carry on as they see fit, rules or no rules, then there is no reason why you should be affected by their behaviour or placed in danger at all, as long as you are following the 'rules' yourself, particularly regarding hygiene and distancing.

If they want to risk affecting their own (older) family and friends then so be it. Let them get on with it. Not like they haven't been warned, is it?

Personally, I have found it very easy to avoid cov-idiots so far. (y)

Wooie, Mrs R just of the phone with mother who lives in France. Mother stating same, young ones not giving a chit, not wearing masks where they should do and, no social distancing, flooding the beaches and going on holidays. To make matters worse, 40+ degree there today and currently hose pipe ban for garden purposes.

So, just not here mate, everywhere!!

There is a whole bunch of scientists that claim the virus is killed off at temperatures of over 25 degrees celsius.

But who knows if this is true or not?

We're being fed such conflicting, scaremongering garbage all the time that I prefer to make my own decisions on how to keep myself safe.
Basically that means taking all the right safety precautions for myself and the people close to me at all times.

That naturally precludes heading off to 'flood the beaches' or going on foreign holidays and definitely includes social distancing and good hygiene ;)(y)

The age range of these tosspots next door is from a new born apparently 2 weeks old up to the dad who is 71 next week and every age in between if you include all the children that they bring with them, i didn`t include them in my post because i didn`t think it necessary.

Given the fact that they are from the BAME community you`d think they know better but like others they don`t give a fcuk.

Just now as i type this there are 17 of them in the back garden because some of their extended family is here as well and they are viewing the summer house she`s had built.

There is an open invite to all of the neighbours to go and join in and enjoy the food and drink that has been laid on, no one has taken them up on it.

They seem quite annoyed about that.

The age range of these tosspots next door is from a new born apparently 2 weeks old up to the dad who is 71 next week and every age in between if you include all the children that they bring with them, i didn`t include them in my post because i didn`t think it necessary.

Given the fact that they are from the BAME community you`d think they know better but like others they don`t give a fcuk.

Just now as i type this there are 17 of them in the back garden because some of their extended family is here as well and they are viewing the summer house she`s had built.

There is an open invite to all of the neighbours to go and join in and enjoy the food and drink that has been laid on, no one has taken them up on it.

Like I said, it is their funeral - maybe even literally! :confused:

As long as you're far enough distance-wise for it not to affect you personally that's the main thing (y)

Like I said, it is their funeral - maybe even literally! :confused:

As long as you're far enough distance-wise for it not to affect you personally that's the main thing (y)

We are next door semi attached with a 6ft fence between our gardens.

When they are all out as they are now we are staying out of our back garden and keeping the patio doors shut which are right next to the fence.

Poor Woolie is suffering at the moment with rising damp and too much wind and rain and needs some good times. :)

And we could all do with some good times, like us down here, far too hot today and worse tomorrow and the next few days šŸ„µ

Wooie not Woolie, Wooie.

I see it's looking very nice down there for the next few days

Just let them get on with it and keep your distance Mr MeldrewšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ‘. As long as non of them have symptoms they should be fine. I take it you never got an invite?šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

You canny win can you if you stay home youā€™re tortured by your donā€™t give a feck neighbours. If you come to Scotland for a break thereā€™s a chance the locals will burn you as the wicker man.

Wooie, on my part youā€™re more than welcome in Scotland. Beautiful country, generally very friendly natives and until that idiot let himself loose on the pubs in Aberdeen quite a low level of infections. Sorry Terry (Runnach) but weā€™re led to believe that the ā€œidiotā€was either a Frenchman or somebody who lives in France!

This is from a pub in Aberdeen:

BFBF02BE-5E16-44D1-A14A-5D3E653C104B.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back