Not Looking Good For Our Scottish Foray !

This will be my final post on this thread, it’s a shame politics rears its ugly head but sometimes politics has a big affect on how we can use our vans.
If only the converted could read and understand the second part of This article maybe they would see how they are callously misled and Scotland’s future would be brighter.
Were you not the one who turned it to politics as you have in several posts beforehand ? Also at any given opportunity bring up anti English racism in Scotland but were do you chose to live? 🙄

Just spoke to a friend who went over the Bealach Na Ba yesterday and spent the night at Toscaig. He’s still having a great time and has been made welcome wherever he’s been. Go and enjoy Scotland and if you act responsibly which I’m sure all on here do I can’t see you having any problems.
02ACDC21-2CAC-495F-BEC3-075F1A69060D.jpeg
120BD897-DBBD-4F4D-97BE-42B50D491F29.jpeg

Difficult to avoid politics (anywhere) if the effect on the public's attitude to "foreigners/outsiders" becomes racist.
I include England in my implicit criticism

• Thank You
Reactions: 2cv
But it is politics that is the cause in Scotland. We are becoming more and more parochial and self entitled up here as the usual empty barrels make the most noise while the silent majority remain kind, welcoming people.

“The SSPCA team said it was supposedly chip fat. There’s no chip shops nearby so campers must have brought it with them.

Is a chip pan a must have with Scottish campers.

Rumour has it (and I stress this is totally unconfirmed) that somebody travelled to the area for work. Although feeling unwell he went on a pub crawl round Aberdeen with 12 mates. Later some folk from one of the pubs the crowd visited attended a house party with loads of others. If this is the case I just cannot believe how stupid / selfish / ignorant people can be. We have survived 3 months of lock down without any significant issues then this comes along to hit us where it hurts. And they talk about restricting older people for their own protection. Why not tackle the real problem where it can have an impact e.g curfew on the younger folk. Controversial I know but this stupidity is really getting to me!!

I have seen it myself people have adopted the attitude we have behaved for three months now lets get back to normal. I have been drumming it home to my kids that the virus is still present but almost under control and they must stay vigilant, believe me that is difficult to get through to an 18 yr old who just wants to party.

Just spent 10days in Aberdeenshire and the Moray coast. No problems. Everyone friendly. No mess anywhere. No vacant pitches on most sites, but plenty of places to park overnight.
That would be my top tip for now, get the maps/poi's out and avoid the main drag round NC500 as much as possible. Also the likes of loch morlich which are just too handy for the people in cars (mostly!) who can't tidy up after themselves.

Im just back from 4 weeks down south during this trip I must say I never once felt uncomfortable or had anyone make or say anything that was out of order about me being there in my van if anything I think I was made to feel welcome where ever we went. I think it would be the same for anyone travelling in Scotland from another part of the uk I have good faith in my countrymen and hope all these stories of people being mistreated because they are visiting from another part of the uk are just blips that can happen at anytime but due to Covid thing are being blown up a bit.

On the radio Nicola Sturgeon said there is a lockdown in Aberdeen because a spike in the virus :(
The spike in Aberdeen is down to one infectious person going to a bar.
News reports don't say whether it was a local person, but chances are it was. Not a visitor.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back