Not Looking Good For Our Scottish Foray !

Woolie get round there an 'ave a burqa and chips, enjoy. If you can't beat 'em join 'em.
The age range of these tosspots next door is from a new born apparently 2 weeks old up to the dad who is 71 next week and every age in between if you include all the children that they bring with them, i didn`t include them in my post because i didn`t think it necessary.

Given the fact that they are from the BAME community you`d think they know better but like others they don`t give a fcuk.

Just now as i type this there are 17 of them in the back garden because some of their extended family is here as well and they are viewing the summer house she`s had built.

There is an open invite to all of the neighbours to go and join in and enjoy the food and drink that has been laid on, no one has taken them up on it.

They seem quite annoyed about that.
Woolie get round there an 'ave a burqa and chips, enjoy. If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

For anyone planning to visit Scotland, here are the latest infection rates, generally low away from Aberdeenshire. By comparison here are the latest figures from Europe, with Belgium today added to the UK quarantine list and France apparently to follow soon.

There is a whole bunch of scientists that claim the virus is killed off at temperatures of over 25 degrees celsius.

But who knows if this is true or not?

We're being fed such conflicting, scaremongering garbage all the time that I prefer to make my own decisions on how to keep myself safe.
Basically that means taking all the right safety precautions for myself and the people close to me at all times.

That naturally precludes heading off to 'flood the beaches' or going on foreign holidays and definitely includes social distancing and good hygiene ;)(y)
I suspect there’s folks in Florida and India who may not exactly agree with those particular scientists.

Quite right.

Cars can't be identified as outsiders but a motorhome to them is obviously an undesirable who leaves litter and crap everywhere and attracts axe muderers.
Not always

STATEMENT FROM THE FINDHORN VILLAGE CONSERVATION COMPANY

TENTS
It is with regret that TFVCC has had to take the decision NOT permit tents to pitch in the Dunes area around the West and East Beach car parks. This includes the area known as Henry’s Green. TFVCC are trying to balance tourism in support of local business, protect the delicate environment and manage the impact of visitor numbers on the residents of Findhorn. Unfortunately a few irresponsible people have made this very difficult.

This decision has been taken following challenging situations by some ‘wild campers’ who are not following the Scottish Outdoor Code. They have been pitching their tents in view of residences, lighting fires, despite signage requesting no open fires. A number of fires have been fuelled through the vandalism of car park fencing. as well as irresponsible toilet habits, despite the nearby toilet block being open.

MOTORHOMES
We have seen a very high number of motorhomes using the West Beach car park, we are restricting number of motorhomes staying overnight to 21. We ask motorhome visitors to support us in managing this, if you see it is busy please do as the Scottish Government advice and look for alternative sites. We want everyone to enjoy and be safe in Findhorn please help us to do this.

Alternative motorhome sites in area:

🔶 Findhorn Bay Caravan Park
🔶 Silver Sands, Lossiemouth
🔶 West Beach Caravan Park, Hopeman
🔶 The Old Mill Caravan Park, Forres
🔶 Burghead Beach Caravan Park, Burghead

The West Beach car park has a number of refuse collection bins, PLEASE if they are full please find an alternative bin at the Car Park or take your rubbish home.

This weekend forecast is for a lovely few days, we hope that residents and visitors can all enjoy this beautiful area. Please remember all our local businesses are working hard to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit to Findhorn, please help them by following their instructions and observe social distancings.

Please follow the Scottish Outdoor Code

The age range of these tosspots next door is from a new born apparently 2 weeks old up to the dad who is 71 next week and every age in between if you include all the children that they bring with them, i didn`t include them in my post because i didn`t think it necessary.

Given the fact that they are from the BAME community you`d think they know better but like others they don`t give a fcuk.

Just now as i type this there are 17 of them in the back garden because some of their extended family is here as well and they are viewing the summer house she`s had built.

There is an open invite to all of the neighbours to go and join in and enjoy the food and drink that has been laid on, no one has taken them up on it.

They seem quite annoyed about that.

Preston is in lockdown from midnight to night, thank you very much you arseholes :mad:

Preston is in lockdown from midnight to night, thank you very much you arseholes :mad:

Wooie, as you know my father-in-law lives in Penwortham so we‘ve been following this fairly closely. As far as we understand the lockdown applies to within Preston City Council boundary and he’s South Ribble. Not that it makes much difference but I hope I’m not wrong in advising FIL that he’s not affected by the lockdown?

Wooie, as you know my father-in-law lives in Penwortham so we‘ve been following this fairly closely. As far as we understand the lockdown applies to within Preston City Council boundary and he’s South Ribble. Not that it makes much difference but I hope I’m not wrong in advising FIL that he’s not affected by the lockdown?

Tony, we only found out that South Ribble and Longridge ( for some strange reason ) are not included in the lockdown later on last night,

Quite clearly the River Ribble down at Broadgate and Penwortham Holme must be a very good barrier for Covid-19 so it knows not to cross it.

Up to posting this we have been is ScOutland since mid July doing the NC500 my Son and his family in their Motorhome Joined us on the 25 July and up to press have not had any abuse, in fact people have been friendly but a few have said that the majority of problems and rubbish have come from users of large family tents and day trippers in cars. Applecross has a number of off site tents and apparently ( didn’t see it myself ) toilet litter is abundant. We carry with us strong rubbish sacks and do clean up any litter that has been left on the site that we have seen on arrival and had positive comments from two locals actually thanking us and said they wish car visitors would do the same. Shops have been very pleasant and I do know that at least two on the NC500 are having to stock up daily on things they usually replace something like every three days but of course like any others they are more than pleased with the extra trade as are fuel stations. I will add more as we go along.

We’re due to go away to Scotland albeit on a site for a week in the van so fingers are crossed as I’ve heard they are thinking about another lockdown for people between the ages of 50’s /70’s and who had been shielding before
Hi, watch the FM briefing on BBC Scotland on about 12.15 to keep up to date.

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv
Rumours are it was someone who traveled to Aberdeen for work🤷‍♂️
Aye and the Aberdeen footballers broke Their own curfew by going to another bar. The virus is all over its how we follow the guidelines not necessarily visitors that bring it in. In Scotland it has been controlled but it just needs a few numpties to spread it.

On the west coast of Scotland, local folk are welcoming campers but wary of non-social distancing. Small communities have seen a massive influx of campers, some only leaving 👣👣👣, some leaving a disgusting mess ie. Human excrement, litter, smouldering fires. Over-crowding Etc. This year, my motorhome is staying home, and so am I. First time since 1985.

As per the title it`s not looking good for our little Scottish foray in September :(

A friend of the wife who has full timed in her motorhome for the last 5 years is working on a private camp site in the Highlands and we`d planned on calling in to see her.

The visit is already booked but we`ll only pay when we get there being a friend of a friend so to speak, all other bookings have to be paid for in advance.

She is saying it`s bloody awful with the resentment between the locals and motorhomers to the point of she is scared to go out in the motorhome if she needs anything.

She`d always used her motorhome so as to get everything moving and free the brakes up etc. instead of leaving it pitched up for the couple of years she`s worked there.

Having been almost run off the road several times and had a load of verbal abuse shouted at her she now borrows the campsite owners car if she has any errands to do for herself.

The owners have kept her on through Covid-19 with lots and lots of tidying up and small DIY jobs, now the site is open it`s packed solid with pre-bookings only being accepted.

There have been several instances of a young couples turning up with a tent that turns out to be one of the monstrous family tents then all their mates turning up later to party.

Clearly being car tent campers nothing is being said to them and it seems it`s only motorhomes / campervans that are being targeted.

Before anyone asks i`m not prepared to mention the name or location of the site other than it`s in the Highlands in order to protect her.
I was away last week wild camping with the initial intension of heading up the west coast of Scotland but , after hearing the horror stories, opted for Galloway Forest, then went across towards Campbeltown and found a lovely spot on the beach overlooking the isles of Gigha, Islay and Jura before chasing the sun up towards Pitlochry at the foot of Schiehallion. For peace and quiet I recommend the first 2 stops but Pitlochry area was very busy and it was only due to the fact I could get off road that I stayed. I'm glad I did as the scenery was stunning.

IMG_20200809_120458.jpgIMG_20200809_120531.jpgIMG_20200809_120708.jpgIMG_20200809_120801.jpgIMG_20200809_120830.jpgIMG_20200809_120912.jpgIMG_20200809_120934.jpgIMG_20200809_120951.jpgIMG_20200809_121137.jpg

I have been in a very long running debate on the page NC500Yhe land weeps. Very one sided and I was trying to hold my own against several threads attacking me. There is a very strong reactive feeling in north Scotland but it is caused by new mh renters, day trippers and tent campers. I tried to point out that mh users have toilets so why would we crap in the bushes, but most of them don't want to hear it. I suggested the EU system of aires but once again, not interested even though the proof in EU is plain to see. There was a strong undercurrent of nationalism throughout and definite Nimbyism. We go in September but not the 500. From the photos they are posting, too many Van's. Wild camping could be difficult so we are going no further than Inverness. That FB page has several thousand members and with some of the stories that filter through, I don't want to risk damage to the van. I've been in Scotland every year for 40 years so it is a shame. Maybe post Covid all will return to normal but with this sudden expansion of motor homing, I fear not.

I was away last week wild camping with the initial intension of heading up the west coast of Scotland but , after hearing the horror stories, opted for Galloway Forest, then went across towards Campbeltown and found a lovely spot on the beach overlooking the isles of Gigha, Islay and Jura before chasing the sun up towards Pitlochry at the foot of Schiehallion. For peace and quiet I recommend the first 2 stops but Pitlochry area was very busy and it was only due to the fact I could get off road that I stayed. I'm glad I did as the scenery was stunning.

View attachment 85201View attachment 85202View attachment 85203View attachment 85204View attachment 85205View attachment 85206View attachment 85207View attachment 85208View attachment 85209

Stunning pics!

I thought alot of this had died down to be honest? I'm going to Scotland in September, so much scaremongering, heard lots about Cornwall and have been twice for a week each time since July 4th and no bothers at all. Living in fear isn't something I will accept anymore, I wear mask in public places and respect others personal space but I'm not going to stop enjoying the great outdoors anymore. Enough is enough!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back