New Legislation on unauthorised encampments

A holocaust survivor offered this up as an 11th commandment.

Think maybe we should all take note, it applies to lots of things in life...

“Thou shalt not be indifferent”
There is at least over 1050 comandments in the new testament but the romans and church only shout about the ten.

Last edited:
Times have changed Motorhomes are now outselling caravans.
We have a generation who are retired or nearing retirement with many financially secure and more able to buy expensive Motorhomes than before. They buy Motorhomes for many reasons, but the main reason is the freedom that they offer through self sufficiency. Camp sites are fine I use them myself, but we enjoy wild camping also, and in various types of locations from wildernesses to small towns and villages. Sometimes it gives us access to hills, were there are no campsites.
But each year brings more and more Motorhomes. Also some councils have supported projects like the NC500, without giving much thought fully to what’s required by those taking part.
some times shops get full some times they dont, we that is to say, us. try are best to make it good all,if not move on, wolfy ok pj

Lots of folk buying M/H now so when they go into care homes they have no property for gov to get there dirty hands on,you then get in free like all the other wasters on the ground.

There is simply no need to leave crap in a car park or anywhere else for that matter, just crap into a carrier bag, on newspaper, or whatever else is handy, wrap it up and bin it. People are far too squeamish when it comes to excrement, if you touch it you wont die and washing hands works wonders or use sanitiser! As for the smell, that isn't going to kill you either. Do people fart perfume - no.
Of course if you have a new girl/boyfriend with you, it could be a bit tricky but you could ask them to take a walk.
As for peeing, we carry these with us https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1200ML-Outdoor-Urine-Bottle-Male-Men-Women-Pee-Storage-Camping-Travel-UK-Nice/293401484089?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item4450175b39:m:mhx6H8rQdPj5PZcmDLa-Mjg&enc=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&checksum=293401484089ac17852da2d748028c8f1ca6de89672a
wood u like 2 try mine, wolfy, ok pj.

Human waste is classified as a BioHazard it contains the following very unpleasant bacteria.
  • C. diff
  • cholera
  • E coli
  • Dysentery
  • Norovirus
  • Hepatitis A and E
  • Giardia
  • Pinworms
I suppose that is why we go to such extremes to make sure that it is disposed of in a safe manner not just chucked in a bin for someone else to find. The outside of any bag can also have traces of the above.

The health of the Nation was drastically improved by digging up the roads and putting in sewers to take away the feces and urine from the gutters and also away from water courses. Cholera is an infectious disease that causes severe watery diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration and even death if untreated. It is caused by eating food or drinking water contaminated with a bacterium that can come from human feces.

Dog muck on the other hand does not create much of a problem for humans. We don't get cross infection from it but it can be a hazard to health especially from slipping in it and falling. If dog muck was classified as a BioHazard humans would be up in arms about it.
oh there is a new one make sure u dont get it, yan pan yow, its here to, ok,pj

Thats the reason I got a van conversion I can park up on the streets in the town or village

That's probably right Trev. I suspect you don't pay for Elderly Care if you take your Granny to the Care home while carrying an Armalite, wearing a beret and Balaclava. ;)
In the north you have to defare all estates 7 years in advance and have no monies in the bank,and they may ask for a next of kin to add a top up of funds but not compulsery to pay this.

the three vans constituting a campsite is not new it has been in place since the 1960's or thereabouts, it is the means by which you can be moved along, thre vans constitutes a campsite or at the very least permission of the land owner and an exemption certificate in place it has always been a PITA.

You can certainly see why they want to put legislation in place when the FUNSTERS turn up and take over a car park. Semi organised rally with about 20 motorhomes from the Motorhome Fun site taking part. Its hardly keeping a low profile. Looks more like a gypsy camp. The only thing thats missing is the caravans.

Have a LOOK HERE

If people are going to act like this then legislation is probably the only way to give the Local Authority powers to control it. Locals were complaining that they could not park.
The picture in the report was from another date not the event it states its from, someone from another wild camping forum was there and stated the majority of campers were performing artists for the Hogmany party there are also spaces allocated for overnight stop over for motor homes and lorries. Local business welcome people parking up and coming into their restaurants, pubs, shops (the question had been asked).
This is a case of a so called journalist trying to make a headline story for the local rag, you will always find a disgruntled local but others will welcome you, the latest being Luss due to irresponsible parking.
One guy a so called local ( for how long he has resided there I dont know) and wild camper stated just keep on passing through and park else where if you are not willing to pay the extortionate parking fee, I asked the question is this the view of local business as well? his reply was " Im not sure the last time I was in the village was to vote" what is that all about ? A small distance up the road at Tarbet they have installed a free chemical waste disposal point and fresh water filling point that's forward thinking, and another few hundred yards at the Slanj they welcome motor home stop over foc. Sam

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back