New camp site

Shocked, next day service!

0F41274E-309A-4367-AEEC-63FE1A5194D2.jpeg

The joys of running old vehicles. Having to use second hand parts and lots of make do and mend😉👍
It’s given much better service than many new vehicles that I’ve read about, and a substantially higher payload. I find your tone somewhat derogatory.

Yes it is a car park but I’d call it an aire if you can park overnight and the sign was big enough
please don't call it an "aire" - "aires" are in France. We are not in France.
Is there not a good English (or even Scottish if you prefer) word for this kind of Overnight Stopping area?

What, no more ballet?
No more omelettes and no more cafes? :ROFLMAO:

How about stellplatz?
stellplatz is far more acceptable than aires :D But surely can come up with a proper English term. Hardly rocket science is it?

no more Ballet? oh, that would be brilliant (y) (scrap Opera as well while you're at it ;) )

"Kipstop" sounds perfect to me :D

If it is an 'advanced' kipstop with hookup (like lots of Stellplatzes) then it could be a "plug 'n' snooze" or a "ploozeplace" :)

Sorted, Kipstop and Ploozeplace it is. (y)

Well, until other suggestions come in. 😂

please don't call it an "aire" - "aires" are in France. We are not in France.
Is there not a good English (or even Scottish if you prefer) word for this kind of Overnight Stopping area?
Yes. Why not reinvent the wheel as well. Nearly all Motorhome users know overnight stops as an aire. Calling it an English/Scottish name. Sorry but don’t understand the need.

Yes. Why not reinvent the wheel as well. Nearly all Motorhome users know overnight stops as an aire. Calling it an English/Scottish name. Sorry but don’t understand the need.
Wheel? oh, you mean a 'roue' obviously ;)

an 'aire' is where you might stop in a 'Camping Car'.
I don't have a camping car, I have a Motor Caravan so prefer to use a Kipstop (tm). Or maybe use a Campsite (as opposed to a 'terrain de camping')

If the French can do it, why can't we have tit-for-tat (or as the French would say ... tit-pour-tat :D )

Murky and Betty both devoid of axles. I pointed out to Anita how much easier it would be to clean, repair and paint now. Yes it doesn't take much imagination to guess the response!
Murky was much easier to strip and the front leaf springs were replaced a few years back. Mercedes genuine again as the pattern ones wouldn't take the weight.

Whilst taking advantage of this situation, it's better to just check everything and replace as necessary.
Stiff sliders and pistons were found on Murky's front brake calipers, so they will be treated to a seal kit.
Strangely many things have been found that could have contributed to the failure. Not one that can be positively pointed at.
The only thing that I hadn't had any experience of was the wheel bearing grease, donated by a local garage as we were out of stock.

The springs will be removed from Betty to replace the bushes, much easier to do now.

IMG_0552[1].JPG
IMG_0553[1].JPG

Murky and Betty both devoid of axles. I pointed out to Anita how much easier it would be to clean, repair and paint now. Yes it doesn't take much imagination to guess the response!
Murky was much easier to strip and the front leaf springs were replaced a few years back. Mercedes genuine again as the pattern ones wouldn't take the weight.

Whilst taking advantage of this situation, it's better to just check everything and replace as necessary.
Stiff sliders and pistons were found on Murky's front brake calipers, so they will be treated to a seal kit.
Strangely many things have been found that could have contributed to the failure. Not one that can be positively pointed at.
The only thing that I hadn't had any experience of was the wheel bearing grease, donated by a local garage as we were out of stock.

The springs will be removed from Betty to replace the bushes, much easier to do now.

View attachment 99540View attachment 99541
Think there is more rust on my 2008 Transit😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back