Mpg

Old VW T5, 130bhp 2.5litre, tweaked to 170: average 36mpg, down to 33-34 cruising c75mph. Only 2m tall and <2.5tonnes on tour...
It's barely in the powerband at 60!
also, I reckon a pair of S+M tyres cost about 2mpg... not replaced!
exactly the same mpg as the wifes 1.4 Citroen C3, and the scooter (Honda SH300) only does double that, despite being 1/5 of the weight, laden.
S+M tyres?

Carthago 3 litre diesel fiat ducato base 180hp 4.25 GVW, seem to do about 29 mpg whether we are on a longer run or about town 😃

I've got a Rollerteam Zefiro 685 2018 3500kg with the new Ford engine only 2000cc getting 29mpg and that's running around back roads and motorways, was doing mostly 65-70 mph in Italy last year on the motorways . Had a few other rigs in the past with Ducato 2.3 engines and this Ford is certainly more nipper than them l was a little scared at first about the smaller engine, but hey ho l'm an happy chappy now.

I track mine with each fill up. Keep it logged on fully.com. my last 9 fill ups as per attached. This is a 1997 AutoSleeper Symphony Peugeot boxer base 2.0i 45k miles on it now. Last tank I tried keeping at 70 GPS speed on the motorway for most of the trip. Usually been aiming for 60 on the gauge which equates to 55 on the GPS.

Screenshot_20201011_075437_com.android.chrome.png

Hi we have an old Compass Drifter it’s on the Peugeot Boxer chassis with 2.5ltr turbo Diesel engine, have checked ours a few times and tend to average out at about 25 mpg but do run at 70 mph on the roads that permit us to do so!

My VWT4 campervan does around 38mpg on a long run, about 34 when faffing about. i try to avoid going over 55/60

I always fill to brim and keep a record. Highest is 33.04 mpg and lowest is 26.6 mpg. average appears to be circa 31.5 mpg. This is on a Peugeot Boxer 2.2L L4H2 home conversion on a 15 plate, which also sucks diesel from the tank to cook and provide space heating.

Lots of sad buggers with MPG..Me the same.
Minimum 25.4 but usually about 28
maximum 34 but again usually 32
True average 30

Travelling at that speed on motorways i'd have things go everywhere if i had to brake suddenly - but i'm never in a rush and just parkup when i feel like it - just like a tortoise does
It might be worth stowing things, at least then they will bring the cabinets with them ;)
Watch the ladder on the first van and watch the entire body go walk about on the 2nd!

It might be worth stowing things, at least then they will bring the cabinets with them ;)
Watch the ladder on the first van and watch the entire body go walk about on the 2nd!
I dont drive at 70 or 80 mph or tailgate i'm in no rush and my stuff stays put - i pootle around at 60 ( very rarely go any faster ) on dual carriageways or motorway - so dont have to worry about slamming my anchors on at 70 or 80 mph

The only one I've tried was the Lucas additive, was ok, but went back to Archoil D-max. Not sure about extra MPG but emissions went down and stayed down on MOT's, and the engine runs a lot smoother.
No CAT, DPF or EGR on mine using for lubricity and injector cleaning.
I use Archoil and found it to be very good. Cleared up a problem with a variable vane turbo that was sticking.

During the craze about 10 years ago I ran an early Golf TDI 1.9 on pure Biodiesel, smoother quieter, and partially dissolved crud still coming off 3months after I lost my supply; (it choked the fuel filter!) Was probably still running better 80-100k later.
Warning not all diesels can take Bio, incl many newer ones with finer injectors. Some old ones have rubber parts that are incompatible too.

During the craze about 10 years ago I ran an early Golf TDI 1.9 on pure Biodiesel, smoother quieter, and partially dissolved crud still coming off 3months after I lost my supply; (it choked the fuel filter!) Was probably still running better 80-100k later.
Warning not all diesels can take Bio, incl many newer ones with finer injectors. Some old ones have rubber parts that are incompatible too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back