Mpg

We have the same vehicles 316 CDI coachbuilt. I decided to record fuel consumption on a trip through Yorkshire and up to Fort William. Taking it quite easy manually changing up the auto box at lower revs and keeping it under 60mph when cruising. I covered 839 miles between fill-ups and averaged 23.77mpg. We are hauling about 4 tons around so maybe that and the hills makes a difference? I would be surprised if we get better than 26mpg anytime but will try just out of interest. Happy to just put fuel in whenever needed but don't worry about mpg as it is what it is.
You must have a big fuel tank.

Sprinter 516 manual get around 23-24mpg @ 60mph. This is the same mpg as my old petrol Talbot Express PVC which was half the weight and nearer 50mph.

i run a 2013 2.3 with a heavy foot avg about 19 mpg happy with that don’t think about it cruise at 70-80 mph when travelling so pay the toll lol

if i get a comment i just invite her to drive herself lol , seriously my lady cruises comfortably at 30,00 revs at 70/80 on motorways that’s travelling when i reach portugal i’m on holiday and slow down lol

Travelling at that speed on motorways i'd have things go everywhere if i had to brake suddenly - but i'm never in a rush and just parkup when i feel like it - just like a tortoise does

Hi everyone, we just sold out nu venture surf mounted on a Citroen berlingo base it did 40 mpg on diesel.
we have replaced with a Toyota hiace dyna and are getting 33 mpg on diesel.
what is your van and what do you get to the gallon please
had it 13 years no idea what it does to the gallon.

i run a 2013 2.3 with a heavy foot avg about 19 mpg happy with that don’t think about it cruise at 70-80 mph when travelling so pay the toll lol

70-80 mph, though you said you had a heavy foot. :p :D

I’ve just returned from 3000 miles wandering around mainly in the Alps, and not including the 250 miles each way to get to and from the Chunnel. I’ve always recorded my fuel useage brim to brim for the 40k miles I’ve used the MH and so I’m able to keep an eye on any changes if they occur. I know the speedo is rather optimistic as it legally is required to be, the odometer however appears to be very exact.

overall for the 3000 miles it has returned 28mpg, falling to 26 in the really steep bits, and just over 30 when the going was easier.

this is a 2.3 Ducato, remapped to 160 and dragging along 4100kg. Overall I’m well satisfied.

Old VW T5, 130bhp 2.5litre, tweaked to 170: average 36mpg, down to 33-34 cruising c75mph. Only 2m tall and <2.5tonnes on tour...
It's barely in the powerband at 60!
also, I reckon a pair of S+M tyres cost about 2mpg... not replaced!
exactly the same mpg as the wifes 1.4 Citroen C3, and the scooter (Honda SH300) only does double that, despite being 1/5 of the weight, laden.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back