Mpg

They're not meant to go a million miles without going wrong. They're just meant to go that far without wearing out. If you maintain them properly, that is.
I recall a rather tatty Fiat taxi which often appeared where I was working. It had started to smoke and rattle, despite not being all that old. Turns out that it had done almost 700,000 miles running as a taxi in an urban environment. No wonder it was clapped out!

mine went wrong and I never ever did find out what the problem was.Although it went back to the Dealers for two months to get fixed.We just got onto the Isle of Skye and the oil light started flashing and the engine sounded like a bag of spanners jangling around. Ewan the local breakdown guy from a garage at The Kyle Of Lochalsh came to us and thought the Turbo had gone wrong but he checked and said it was fine.He checked the drive belt and that was fine.I was lucky as I had a good breakdown Insurance with Liverpool Victoria,who got me home.

You lot have heavy right foot,my big bus is easy 30mpg at 55mph.
gc c.jpg

You lot have heavy right foot,my big bus is easy 30mpg at 55mph.View attachment 86338

Trev looking at that picture when the wind hits your Van when travelling its going underneath as it appears to be streamlined towards the rear rather than hitting the flat shaped roof.What im trying to say is the front looks in that picture higher in height than the rear and thats amazing. :unsure: 😂

Trev looking at that picture when the wind hits your Van when travelling its going underneath as it appears to be streamlined towards the rear rather than hitting the flat shaped roof.What im trying to say is the front looks in that picture higher in height than the rear and thats amazing. :unsure: 😂
Exactly, that's why it's good mpg, its floating!

Adria 590 with a fiat 130bhp engine. Fully loaded averages 30mpg. Thats good considering my fiat panda cross twin Air just manages 40mpg

2005 Srinter cd 311 2.2. Around 30mpg, cruising. Used to be able to squeeze 38mpg at a leisurely 55mph. Then I made the mistake of removing the dual mass flywheel and fitting a solid one. I now have to rev it to 2500rpm before a gear change, otherwise the vibration up to 2000rpm in every gear rattles my teeth.🥴

33 is good for a Dyna. Which engine? Guessing it's a TD.

My HiAce gets an average of 23. It did 27 before I lifted it and put on big A/Ts, but there's an element of speedo inaccuracy in both numbers.

If i go to over 60/65 then it starts to drink fuel,down to 25mpg. :eek:

The 'ace gets a bit scary above 100.

We're talking km/h right?

So I average between 550 and 600 miles on a tank full. It holds 16 gallons. I fill up as soon as I can after warning pump symbol lights up. I think there is about 2 gallons left when this happens, so I'm probably getting a lot more miles to the gallon than I thought.

Average over the day if m/way use it will drop to 25mpg,many mixed runs have hit 30mpg,this is because some irish roads you are down below 25/30 mph,some as low as 10/15 mph.
blue stack d.jpg

2019 Ducato 130 with the dumb comfortmatic box, currently averaging 28mpg.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back