Motorhome speed limits UK

Driven with your brain in gear (BIG ask I know) you should get 400 plus.

If its a 125 litre tank it should be about 650 shouldnt it assuming around 24 to the gallon. There should be a mpg trip meter thing somewhere I guess. Not figured it out yet. :D

Just fill the tank Barry, I don’t even bother looking round for cheapest any more. If you save 5p a litre on 80 litres it’s not enough to go out your way for. Must admit though filling on motorway services with V-Power made me wince 😂😂😂😂

Say hi to Charlie and crew from me as well please, tell John I still said he is plonker 🤪😜

Just fill the tank Barry, I don’t even bother looking round for cheapest any more. If you save 5p a litre on 80 litres it’s not enough to go out your way for. Must admit though filling on motorway services with V-Power made me wince 😂😂😂😂

Say hi to Charlie and crew from me as well please, tell John I still said he is plonker 🤪😜

Will do. Armitages in the morning, Autogas 2000 Tuesday afternoon.

If its a 125 litre tank it should be about 650 shouldnt it assuming around 24 to the gallon. There should be a mpg trip meter thing somewhere I guess. Not figured it out yet. :D
Usually push button on end of one of the column stalks (right hand one I think) to cycle through the dash display options .

Usually push button on end of one of the column stalks (right hand one I think) to cycle through the dash display options .

Ill have a play with it when I get home. There are that many manuals with this van, cant see the wood for the trees! :D

mine is getting 32mpg and that was with some fast motorway stuff for two days.

press the button on the end of the wiper stalk see what it changes on the dash.

mine is getting 32mpg and that was with some fast motorway stuff for two days.

press the button on the end of the wiper stalk see what it changes on the dash.

Ill be amazed if I got anywhere near that kind of MPG. Its a big heavy beast with a massive Luton cab. :D Cant check it now, been kicked out into the waiting room at Arimitage Trailers for the rest of the day.

Ill be amazed if I got anywhere near that kind of MPG. Its a big heavy beast with a massive Luton cab. :D Cant check it now, been kicked out into the waiting room at Arimitage Trailers for the rest of the day.
A light foot and anticipating what is going on in front makes a massive difference to MPG, like don't accelerate to traffic lights regardless of the colour, changing down for hills, or foot off going down hills, I'm sure you know all that but you still need to do it.

A light foot and anticipating what is going on in front makes a massive difference to MPG, like don't accelerate to traffic lights regardless of the colour, changing down for hills, or foot off going down hills, I'm sure you know all that but you still need to do it.

I do know all that of course. Whether ill do it or not is a different matter. :D

I could save fuel on motorways I guess by sticking to 56mph but you get tangled up with trucks and its so slow!!! I inevitably end up at 65-70.

I do 60 on motorways I'm on holiday so not rushing about, only did it France as we needed to get to a particular aire before it got busy

I do 60 on motorways I'm on holiday so not rushing about, only did it France as we needed to get to a particular aire before it got busy

In the days when we did "tour" I never liked to go very far. There would be a mad dash for 24 to 48 hours where we would cover 700 miles or something daft just to get the slog to Dover over with and then somewhere half decent in France or Germany. After that it would be 40 miles or so and rarely more than 100. Set off mid morning, get to another Aire or wild spot by midday or soon after. Was always the best way to get the best spots.

I just realised that according to google if your motorhome has an "Unladen weight" of over 3.05 kg then you are restricted to 50 on a single carriageway, 60 on a duel carriageway but 70 on a motorway. My new van is 3118kg unladen (4250kg max). Something to keep an eye on I guess. I do have a heavy right foot! On an A road at least Ill usually be bobbing along with the traffic at 60. Presumably a fixed camera would only be triggered at over 60 anyway or over 70 on a duel carriageway?
I have a self converted Relay and found this out the hard way (speeding ticket on the A96 near Nairn).

What irks me is that, lesson learnt, I cruise along at 50MPH now and constantly have commercial, and even lorries and buses, right up my backside waiting to get past. I usually pull over to let them past but I'm pretty sure their speed limit is the same as mine!

In the days when we did "tour" I never liked to go very far. There would be a mad dash for 24 to 48 hours where we would cover 700 miles or something daft just to get the slog to Dover over with and then somewhere half decent in France or Germany. After that it would be 40 miles or so and rarely more than 100. Set off mid morning, get to another Aire or wild spot by midday or soon after. Was always the best way to get the best spots.
Reading between the lines it sounds like you really don't like driving much at all, the opposite of me really.

I have a self converted Relay and found this out the hard way (speeding ticket on the A96 near Nairn).

What irks me is that, lesson learnt, I cruise along at 50MPH now and constantly have commercial, and even lorries and buses, right up my backside waiting to get past. I usually pull over to let them past but I'm pretty sure their speed limit is the same as mine!
Trucks are 56mph or 90kph

Edited

Last edited:
Haven't done a far off destination since before covid, but if got a long journey I like to get it done in one or two days too.
If it's just to alps or similar distance, not so bothered.
Saying that, long, just stopping for fuel, drives, get a bit tiring too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back