Mosquito repellants

Herbenny

Does anyone have a sure way to stop being bitten by mosquitos ? I think I must of tried most things peppermint oils sprays lotions creams bracelets plug ins … honestly if anyone has got the secret could you share with me please

100% deet is the best short term solution, but it is quite toxic so not realy for long term use. It also melts any plastic it comes into contact with and can damage some fabrics. The best way to avoid bites is to stay away from water, stay indoors around sunset and keep skin covered. I’ve spent much of my life in places with rampant malaria and following the above I’ve never caught it.

Thanks all .. think I will try eucalyptus essential oil (thanks Nije) and double up on the B12 as I was reading there is a connection to b12 deficiency which would make perfect sense as to why I get bitten alive and my other half doesn’t.

cactus oil.jpg

I understand that some people are very attractive to mozzies (smell ) but also because of this, different things work on different people. Not helpful.
I have found oh so soft - Avon, works well for me and many others, even the special forces, or so they say.
Citronella quite good.
Long sleeves and trousers.
The really high chemicle stuff from boots the chemist.
Screens on windows and doors.
Coil, that you light and it burns.
Good luck.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back