More Positive news.

I didn't make myself clear possibly,

One van zero facilities, in or near to the van, they wake up and have certain needs after having breakfast, where do they go?
A bucket, some kind of container, maybe even a Thetford porta potti.
In Scotland those in tents are asked to bury their human waste.

I am not comfortable with banning people without conventional facilities as the Forestry do, or as has happened in New Zealand.

No, me neither if they act responsibly but many it seems do not or there would be no problem and the chances are it will be those who don't camp often enough to know the right way to do it and/or don't have facilities on board but as you also say some of those with toilets still dump wherever they like.

Don't know why more people haven't caught onto the big range of separator loo's available these day.
Shame, I only got about 2 years use of mine.
We never had a fitted toilet in the transit when we had it ...
Just used public facilities ...
And a bog in a bucket with bio bags for emergencies ....

Next project for our current motorhome is seperating toilet (just as soon as I've sorted out how to remove the integrated casette unit lol )

Better than a Tesco bag imho
IMG_1108.png

Thith day on East coast. Parked a first picture and used caravan park elson.

We just walked in the office and asked if they had an elson and can we use it. and the lady said put some change / money in the charity box on counter. And showed us where to park also filled up with water after washing hands in toilets . Lovely

That was Wednesday. Just ask !

Screenshot_20240416_131310_Gallery.jpg
20240410_142506.jpg

Thith day on East coast. Parked a first picture and used caravan park elson.

We just walked in the office and asked if they had an elson and can we use it. and the lady said put some change / money in the charity box on counter. And showed us where to park also filled up with water after washing hands in toilets . Lovely

That was Wednesday. Just ask !

View attachment 130116View attachment 130115
Were you wearing that hat at the time? NO one could possibly refuse Jeff! Probably thought you were Anton Du-Beke and his wife doing another 'travelling around in a camper' type TV show. ;)

Worth noting that this thread was started back in 2020 right in the middle of the pandemic. Since then we’ve had a cost of living crisis (which affects some a lot more than others).

I was watching a very recent YouTube video yesterday where a council in Cornwall is “experimenting” in 2024 with allowing mohos/campervans to park in a grass field (no facilities whatsoever - it’s in Bude) for £21 a night.

So £10 a night in a hardstanding car park in Kielder seems a bargain by comparison. 🤷‍♀️

I noted one of the comments under the Cornwall video which suggested starting a “you can park outside my home for £10” app. Don’t know if it was made in jest, but where we’re at right now in the world I think the idea could have legs …! 😉 😎

Thats crackers. People will pay it though, newbies of which there are thousands these days know nothing else.

One of my favourite CL's is just a few miles from Bude and it has acres of space, water and waste, spectacular views and was £8 in 2022 I think. Most of the CL's we use are rarely more than a tenner (If you know where they are) :cool: Dont tell anyone. :ROFLMAO:

Thats crackers. People will pay it though, newbies of which there are thousands these days know nothing else.

One of my favourite CL's is just a few miles from Bude and it has acres of space, water and waste, spectacular views and was £8 in 2022 I think. Most of the CL's we use are rarely more than a tenner (If you know where they are) :cool: Dont tell anyone.

It's not open yet . But your right council field April 2024. Parking the latest video YT

Worth noting that this thread was started back in 2020 right in the middle of the pandemic. Since then we’ve had a cost of living crisis (which affects some a lot more than others).

I was watching a very recent YouTube video yesterday where a council in Cornwall is “experimenting” in 2024 with allowing mohos/campervans to park in a grass field (no facilities whatsoever - it’s in Bude) for £21 a night.

So £10 a night in a hardstanding car park in Kielder seems a bargain by comparison. 🤷‍♀️

I noted one of the comments under the Cornwall video which suggested starting a “you can park outside my home for £10” app. Don’t know if it was made in jest, but where we’re at right now in the world I think the idea could have legs …! 😉 😎
Just to update, Kielder is £15 a night now the remainder of Northumberland reservoirs are £10, if you look at Kielders campsites it could cost up to £45 a night. Me being a fly fisherman purchase the fishing permit, day parking included, get a days enjoyment, don’t catch much though, stay the night £10 or £15. If not fishing it could cost as little as £15 for a 24hour stay, as stated before a bargain.

I watched the first six minutes and could not watch anymore.
£21 a night to park on grass in a carpark, is disgraceful, and as for supporting the local economy how dare they. I would reckon paying £21 a night is doing exactly that. Next week we are starting of our three week trip in the ccc site near Oban in Barcaldine. Grass only pitch, with showers, chemical waste, grey waste, and fresh water for £14.40 a night. £21 a night is roughly what we will paying to stay in their Nairn site with hard standing and EHU. And nowhere are we asked to support the local economy. I wonder if they expect day trippers in their cars to support the local economy. I have only ever taken my car to Cornwall and like most I love the place. But I don’t see me ever paying £21 to park in a carpark which my taxes have already paid for.

Quite frankly from a place that did not want us, to overcharging for car parking, and asking us to support them, when they never, ever supported us, it’s frankly shameful and they are extracting the urine from us.

I managed to watch the rest, and I agree it’s setup to fail.

Last edited:
Back