Missing panel on me new van!

at £125 I think I would carve one out of wood to get an acceptable shape to make a former and then make a mould (and send to Trev ;) )

You could make a 'plug' out of wood sand it, seal it up and then buy some CSM and resin to make a mould. Then buy releasing agent, gel coat and whatever matt you are going to use etc. etc. I tried it once with mediocre results.

I'd put a picture of Trev over the gap, at least nobody will look at it then! (no offence Trev). :giggle:

Or how about removing the corresponding one from the other side, carefully polishing it and leaving it on a railway banking?

Cheers

H

Please don’t buy a house, Barry!!! 😳

Buying a house is easy compared to moving motorhomes. Worra carry on! It was a piece if piss moving here 24 years ago. Well I say it was a piece of piss. I was working in London at the time and left it to Michelle, the removal van men and a few of my mates. I just turned up when it was all done. :D

Anyway. I like to give you all something to do and to focus on. What else would you do all day?

The panel is more than decorative though so it does need to be replaced, it will stop twigs etc getting behind the valance, it might even help hold the front end of it on too.

Awwww! don't say that! :LOL:

Twigs? I'm more worried about catching hedges and bushes down some of the goat tracks we get ourselves down to remote CL's. I used to laugh at the comments on the club sites and SFS stating stuff like "Dont go down there, you will get scratched" as I used to hoof Hank 1 down them not giving a flying Ferk but all that has changed now! Its all shiny! :D

Best get one ordered then and a tube of Sikaflex, not sure which one but deffo put a screw in it under the reflector.

Best get one ordered then and a tube of Sikaflex, not sure which one but deffo put a screw in it under the reflector.

It looks like it just slides onto those metal fixings but I agree it needs more than that. It will be a job for my motorhome repair guy but I wont have time to get it done now. It will be fine until the back end. Its probably been like that for yonks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:188)

Steve and Julie, marchie, n brown, G and T, r4dent, Robmac, runnach, Scotia, mistericeman, maingate, CHAIRMAN, shortcircuit, Shorty, korky, GMJ, RichardHelen262, izwozral, hayhiker, mark61, Tonybvi, lthoel2, amcjam, Dezi, wildebus, Tezza33, Livotlout, 2cv, Fisherman, jagmanx, number14, Nabsim, AllanD, Pudsey Bear, Charlynch, Neckender, Obanboy666, Admin, Heppy, ironman, Okta, davep10000, witzend, Fazerloz, MartinFife, caledonia, merl, jann, Lee, belbri, campervanannie, TJBi, NSY, winks, Wully, Jo001, trevskoda, clarkpeacock, Makzine, bartman, Boris7, Val54, rugbyken, andyjanet, DTF, Calianbay, tripper, mariesnowgoose, alcam, ricc, Topmast, Fagin, chrishunter, s4x4c, Outdoors Dad, Monkeybrand, TeamRienza, The Jacks, Bigshug, Biggarmac, Tim120, RSD7a, exwindsurfer, Alberto, Mossystone, The laird, Owen M, HurricaneSmith, ton27, Rod, saxonborg, guerdeval, stonedaddy, jeanette, Motoroamer, Canalsman, Ellendale, Wooie1958, Winterskp, Andys, Chip, Minustico, ajb70, Bilw, RichardP, CavityandLacey, ladyhamilton, davidm, dekaz, Rob H, Mandoman, Adriafan, yeoblade, 1 Cup, Bouydog, Robina, Hughendon, myvanwy, adriahome, phillhend, Peter51, Fifer, 4Corners, RobTroi, Sheila Bryant, iandsm, jonc, bazil, harrow, SimonM, Peisinoe, wrp, Pauljenny, colinm, Hamewilldaeme, Jeavsy, ScarletPimple, Caz, Greengrass, 1977paul, reiverlad, jacquigem, Tartarus, ewen, alwaysared, Ly085, Sue Paskins, Alun100, roadroamer, Wardy73, Concept, Northumborman, Mikebike, horace, Whereisdave, Gerry Attrick, Glandwr, Bubble, BOTCANU, Alf, Rutaria, Harrers, barrypat, Fat Albert 2, V1nny, GeoffL, TeamPuffin, boggie, yorkslass, Hogweed, topchook, bdastu, sueb, smg, beltman, sinner, kingfisher1, groyne, Matchlock, helmit, Budgie, cromwellbay, denmar, BETTSY, zzr1400tim, Drover, rustydog, st3v3, WingNut,
Back