MALIL attack

yeoblade

MAMIL attack

:lol-053:Just after leaving the pub POI New Inn @ ChurchKnowle Saturday morning, we were driving on a narrow lane, up a very steep hill; rounding a sharp bend we were confronted by a herd of MAMILs :scared:
The first one, after attempting to go through the non-existant gap between me and the hedge went down like a like a bag of $h1t, recocheting off the hedge, bouncing of the van and somersulting back into the gutter. The others braked hard enough to stop and shout back slow down the rest of the pack.
Being in 2nd gear travelling at about 10mph I stopped within a few feet of seeing the pack leader banking over full tilt round the bend (wish I had already bought my dash-cam) he went from about 30mph to zero in the length of my van.
I didn't expect any apology (and didn't get one) for colliding with me and scratching the side of the van.
I'm not anti cyclist, we had been cycling through Wareham Forest the day before, but on off road tracks, but road cyclists riding in large groups racing are a dangerous bunch to contend with.
Hopefully "That'll learn 'em" and this time with little injury.

Last edited:
LOL. This lot drive me mental. I bet at least one of them had it on camera though...

As soon as I see a cyclist with a camera on his head I immediately think twat. You know, the type desperate to put himself in a 'situation' with a car driver and put the film on youtube. Bullied at school I expect.

Maybe but you'll have to enlighten me on that :bow:

I did edit the title to MAMIL but it has not changed it

I was more interested in this bit;

Last edited by yeoblade; Today at 14:03. Reason: Speeling

(Sorry to point it out!)

So, a fellow human being crashes, falling "like a bag of $h1t, recocheting off the hedge, bouncing of the van and somersulting back into the gutter" and that's OK, but a small scratch on your van is such a great nuisance. Presumably it was an accident. Accidents happen, accept that and please stop being so tribal.

So, a fellow human being crashes, falling "like a bag of $h1t, recocheting off the hedge, bouncing of the van and somersulting back into the gutter" and that's OK, but a small scratch on your van is such a great nuisance. Presumably it was an accident. Accidents happen, accept that and please stop being so tribal.

Have a penchant for Lycra do we?

This muppet didn't see a massive, almost stationary van. He deserves it.

In my experience there are few 'accidents'. 'Crashes' are usually caused by people who didn't take enough care or took chances where they shouldn't have. In this case your precious 'fellow human being' deserved all he got, and I have no problems with that! He/she should also be made to pay for the respray.....
John

If it is an accident caused by somebody being reckless, then I think they deserve a certain amount of criticism, no matter how it is worded!

If it is an accident caused by somebody being reckless, then I think they deserve a certain amount of criticism, no matter how it is worded!

... in a fair and tolerant society ... when you've heard BOTH sides of the story and been able come to an impartial conclusion based upon ALL the evidence ... just a thought !

... in a fair and tolerant society ... when you've heard BOTH sides of the story and been able come to an impartial conclusion based upon ALL the evidence ... just a thought !

Well I've no reason to think the OP is a liar, he is not in court so what would it gain him to make a story like that up?

As I have no chance of hearing the other side of the story, I choose to believe him. It is of little consequence really.

Well I've no reason to think the OP is a liar, he is not in court so what would it gain him to make a story like that up?

As I have no chance of hearing the other side of the story, I choose to believe him. It is of little consequence really.

Nor have I any reason, and I didn't say he did make it up neither, and where did "liar" come from - let me check my post again - nope :-/

Having seen both sides of the story so very well put over the years (despite one side being wrong) I merely reserve judgement and am not swayed by the Mail, the Guardian, the Mirror the Bible or Forum posts.

Some bloke's on his "bike" forum right now saying "... you'll never guess what happened to me today those blinkin' motorhomes ..."

Chrz Mul.

Nor have I any reason, and I didn't say he did make it up neither, and where did "liar" come from - let me check my post again - nope :-/

Having seen both sides of the story so very well put over the years (despite one side being wrong) I merely reserve judgement and am not swayed by the Mail, the Guardian, the Mirror the Bible or Forum posts.

Some bloke's on his "bike" forum right now saying "... you'll never guess what happened to me today those blinkin' motorhomes ..."

Chrz Mul.

As I say, it is of little consequence.

You're suggesting that we all live in a fair and tolerant society.......?
John

Had to deal with a lot of these guys in skye. Lots of the roads are single tracks with pull-in areas every few hundred yards. Every other road user seemed to have fathomed this except for almost every cyclist.

Whenever we saw one and were near pull-in we would stop. However when the shoe was on the other foot they would jst barrel past the pull-in and on several occasions nearly end up in the ditch.

One chap couldnt even wait for an extra second and had to come to a dead stop and get off his bike about 10 feet beyond the pull-in he'd just gone past. He even tried to get me to reverse the 100+ yards back to the nearest one behind me.

Now I really wish I did have a dash cam fitted, and been able to post it on you tube :tongue:

Now of course I will be scanning you tube for his helmet cam of him avoiding a maniac in a MH who stopped and watched him crash all down the road. Somehow I don't think he will be uploading that footage.
Actually I'm not sure if he who crashed did have a cam but certainly one of the others did, but as it was a very sharp bend and was riding a lot more sensible he was too far back so, I don't think he would have got it.

Yes John, an accident that was pretty predictable really.

Now if it was the other way round, and had I been travelling at that speed down hill round a blind bend and crashed into him I may well have killed him (or them)!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back