MALIL attack

The reality is that all groups have idiots, there are idiot cyclists as described here, there are idiot motorhomers who upset residents thus getting other motrohomes banned, and there are idiot car drivers two of which have tried to kill me whilst on my bike and one who tried to write off my van.

If you don't like prejudice against motorhomes then do not display prejudice against others.

LOL. This lot drive me mental. I bet at least one of them had it on camera though...

As soon as I see a cyclist with a camera on his head I immediately think twat. You know, the type desperate to put himself in a 'situation' with a car driver and put the film on youtube. Bullied at school I expect.

Kind of applies to motorhomers with a camera on the windscreen............. twats :)

The media so often show prejudice against cyclists, I don't know why :rolleyes2:

Kind of applies to motorhomers with a camera on the windscreen............. twats :)

Well, no. MH drivers are not looking to 'prove' or tell anyone about how bad another group of road users are. Cyclists with cameras are.

Search youtube first for motorhome road rage, and then cyclist road rage. Come and tell us how you get on.

Well, no. MH drivers are not looking to 'prove' or tell anyone about how bad another group of road users are. Cyclists with cameras are.

Search youtube first for motorhome road rage, and then cyclist road rage. Come and tell us how you get on.

Okay, so what is this thread about then?

Slow moving

All slow moving vehicles are expected to leave room for other vehicles to over take and pull in between them and pull in when they get 5 or more behind them who's seen any cyclists do this. When in north Devon Tiverton recently I followed about 30 cyclists for several miles they were from a local club who had at least 12 cars follow them riding in a pack sometimes four abreast

Okay, so what is this thread about then?

It's about a motorhome driver encountering a group of cyclists on a narrow road, who were apparently disregarding road safety rules. I have had similar encounters with tractors.....
John

It's about a motorhome driver encountering a group of cyclists on a narrow road, who were apparently disregarding road safety rules. I have had similar encounters with tractors.....
John

I've had similar encounters with cars, vans, lorries, motor cyclists and motorhomes, so what's new? and tractors :)

Sparrks,

Well, no. MH drivers with cameras are not looking to 'prove' or tell anyone about how bad another group of road users are. Cyclists with cameras are.

If I amend my post to include the words in bold will that make you happy? It was implied anyway, if you read the whole quote.

This thread is not a MH owner with a camera looking to tell anyone about how bad another group of road users are.

Of course people will moan about others, but cyclist somehow feel the need to add weight to it with video.

Last edited:
there are a lot of cycling clubs here in n/ireland , most of them cant read coz if they could they would know not to ride 3 abrest with there head down just as car and van drivers take there eye of the road talking to pasengers or on there m/bile.we all need to brush up and more carefull , me to , and why do all posts end up with a slanging match? :wave:

Sparrks,

If I amend my post to include the words in bold will that make you happy? It was implied anyway, if you read the whole quote.

This thread is not a MH owner with a camera looking to tell anyone about how bad another group of road users are.

Of course people will moan about others, but cyclist somehow feel the need to add weight to it with video.

Seems to me it is a MH owner WITHOUT a camera trying to tell everyone how bad a group of road users (cyclists) are.

I could come on here and moan about all sorts of other road users i've encountered over the years, but I can't be bothered - live and let live.

:lol-053:
Being in 2nd gear travelling at about 10mph I stopped within a few feet of seeing the pack leader banking over full tilt round the bend (wish I had already bought my dash-cam)
I'm not anti cyclist.

Then why decry cyclist for using head cams, when you are going to get one for similar reasons?

Seems to me it is a MH owner WITHOUT a camera trying to tell everyone how bad a group of road users (cyclists) are.

Quite correct, but we were talking about cameras. You know, where you called MH owners with cameras twats...

I could come on here and moan about all sorts of other road users i've encountered over the years,

You certainly could. As could I - I've had a dash cam for a while and picked up all kinds of shite. Haven't shown anyone any of it. It's there for the event of an actual accident.

Then why decry cyclist for using head cams, when you are going to get one for similar reasons?

He didn't.

And I've said about cyclists using them to generally moan about other road users, where other road users with cameras will not.

I have a motorhoming friend who often moans about 'bloody cyclists'. But he also likes to cycle himself, and when he is cycling he is often heard to say 'bloody motorhomes'

Funny old world innit?

The simple fact is that today's roads are such busy places that they are not really safe or suitable for cyclists to use. Councils are reducing there spending on cutting hedgerows and verges and clearly heavy traffic , large vehicles , wide speed differentials and the pressures of modern living just make it inevitable that the numbers of cyclists injured on the roads will rise. I know it wouldn't be a popular move but I really believe that our roads are not the place for cyclists

LOL. This lot drive me mental. I bet at least one of them had it on camera though...

As soon as I see a cyclist with a camera on his head I immediately think twat. You know, the type desperate to put himself in a 'situation' with a car driver and put the film on youtube. Bullied at school I expect.

Quite correct, but we were talking about cameras. You know, where you called MH owners with cameras twats...

You certainly could. As could I - I've had a dash cam for a while and picked up all kinds of shite. Haven't shown anyone any of it. It's there for the event of an actual accident.
My twat comment was in reply to your description of cyclists with " a camera on their head" If one group with a camera can be described as twats surely that must apply to the other group as well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back