Location App support thread

Me again
All my UK reviews are still in LIMBO
except for a new one today ! that has been submitted about 30 others I can see my review but they do not respond to the submit button
I can see all your reviews have been submitted and are showing up ok.

I read the instructions to mean if your IOS is less than 12.2 you needed to load Maxthon. Therefore I assumed you ran it from Maxthon. However, have tried running in Safari as well, but get the same result. I even set up the app on the Ipad to see if that would help, but it didn't
What version of ios is your iPad running?

I read the instructions to mean if your IOS is less than 12.2 you needed to load Maxthon. Therefore I assumed you ran it from Maxthon. However, have tried running in Safari as well, but get the same result. I even set up the app on the Ipad to see if that would help, but it didn't
I am sorry that this is being a pain for you.

As you are running IOS 10 can you please try the Aloha web browser.

Phil

I am sorry that this is being a pain for you.

As you are running IOS 10 can you please try the Aloha web browser.

Phil
Still the same result. So now the status is:
IOS 10.3.4
Tried Safari, Maxthon, Aloha and each time the screen is black ie no map and I keep getting the message to add the Wildcamping App to my home screen - which I've done, but no different. I can see all the instructions on the RH side of the screen etc, but no map.

Having the previous app on my Ipad was brilliant, but this new one just won't play ball :(

Am at the Stratford on Avon meet next week, can we have a chat about it then?

Request
We have the favourites option which is great.
Can a "Not suitable" or "Not for Us" option as well a red circle with a white X or vice-versa.
I am talking ahead ie for 2021 !
I appreciate you are likely busy with other more important tasks as it very new

Still the same result. So now the status is:
IOS 10.3.4
Tried Safari, Maxthon, Aloha and each time the screen is black ie no map and I keep getting the message to add the Wildcamping App to my home screen - which I've done, but no different. I can see all the instructions on the RH side of the screen etc, but no map.

Having the previous app on my Ipad was brilliant, but this new one just won't play ball :(

Am at the Stratford on Avon meet next week, can we have a chat about it then?
I have ordered a used iPad 2 that is running IOS 9.3.5 for the princely sum of £30 from ebay. I will then use this to find a solution for you. The interesting thing to note here is that it works on some systems and not on others which means that it is likely settings on the devices or security software that is the issue. Once I have a test unit I will know better.

Phil

Request
We have the favourites option which is great.
Can a "Not suitable" or "Not for Us" option as well a red circle with a white X or vice-versa.
I am talking ahead ie for 2021 !
I appreciate you are likely busy with other more important tasks as it very new
Do you mean not suitable based on dimensions or personal preference?

Do you mean not suitable based on dimensions or personal preference?
Thanks @Geeky Philip
Based on personal preference (ie the opposite of favourites.)
Sometimes based on space available but more often simply "do not like the look of it" too close to road or houses or "dodgy area"etc etc
Or based on reading reviews

On my phone, which runs Android 10, the app seems to work on Samsung Browser, Mi Browser, Firefox Nightly, Opera and Google Chrome.
There may be others that I haven't tried.

On my phone, which runs Android 10, the app seems to work on Samsung Browser, Mi Browser, Firefox Nightly, Opera and Google Chrome.
When you tried Samsung Browser, did the 'auto-hide' menu (the one that lets you launch a new tab, go to home page, etc.) change behaviour? On mine, it went from hidden until you scroll up to visible until you scroll down and I haven't found a way of restoring this. TIA, Geoff

I've reinstalled (after uninstalling it) the Location App on my android Tablet (and I've also disabled and re-enabled Google Chrome) and the App seems to be working fine apart from the fact that there are no ratings or reviews showing for any of the locations selected (not even for those locations which I know have had reviews and remarks posted).
I'm a bit of a technophobe so if I have missed a vital step in installing the current wildcamping.co.uk/app.php, please would you explain how I can rectify this matter in language that I can understand.
With lots of thanks for the brilliant job Geeky Philip does in administering this immensely useful location app and thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

The favourites is really good. I would like to use those to remind me of places I've been, and liked, when on a later trip.

I would like to have a similar system to highlight "maybe" stops for the journey I'm going on next.

I know I could use the favourites, but I can see it getting confusing as time goes on and there are already a lot of favourites on my map.

By no means an important addition, but maybe one for when the dust has settled on this version :)

I've been using it in France and it's effortless, cheers!

When you tried Samsung Browser, did the 'auto-hide' menu (the one that lets you launch a new tab, go to home page, etc.) change behaviour?
Don't think so.
When you tried Samsung Browser, did the 'auto-hide' menu (the one that lets you launch a new tab, go to home page, etc.) change behaviour? On mine, it went from hidden until you scroll up to visible until you scroll down and I haven't found a way of restoring this. TIA, Geoff
I've just looked at this again, several times. It doesn't make any change to the menu at the bottom. The "tab list" box stays visible in the same place, as long as the keyboard isn't on.

[Later]
I think that the tabs etc menu appears when you swipe in a downwards direction (so the page goes upwards), not necessarily near the top or bottom of a page. Some pages are designed so you can't scroll, perhaps?

Last edited:
I've reinstalled (after uninstalling it) the Location App on my android Tablet (and I've also disabled and re-enabled Google Chrome) and the App seems to be working fine apart from the fact that there are no ratings or reviews showing for any of the locations selected (not even for those locations which I know have had reviews and remarks posted).
I'm a bit of a technophobe so if I have missed a vital step in installing the current wildcamping.co.uk/app.php, please would you explain how I can rectify this matter in language that I can understand.
With lots of thanks for the brilliant job Geeky Philip does in administering this immensely useful location app and thanks in advance for any help with this matter.
What are you doing to "install" the app? It is only a web page. I don't understand what you would install for looking at a web page, other than the web browser.
You can choose to put a shortcut to its web address in your home screen, desktop or whatever, but there is no need.

Last edited:
Also works on Edge Chromium.

On my Samsung mobile,my location is spot on,on my windows 10 laptop it is about 10 miles out, I do not know how to correct it.
Your mobile will be using GPS to locate itself. Your laptop will be using an Internet point of presence which will not be accurate. There is no way to resolve this as your laptop will not have GPS.

Your mobile will be using GPS to locate itself. Your laptop will be using an Internet point of presence which will not be accurate. There is no way to resolve this as your laptop will not have GPS.
Connect your laptop via phone's WiFi hotspot?, my laptop reports it position, gained from information from my mobile. Samsung.

What are you doing to "install" the app? It is only a web page. I don't understand what you would install for looking at a web page, other than the web browser.
You can choose to put a shortcut to its web address in your home screen, desktop or whatever, but there is no need.
Apologies for my misuse of the word "install", h - the web page is available as a shortcut on my homescreen and it is working in all respects apart from every location failing to show the remarks and reviews (and the star rating) when I know that reviews have been posted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back