Leave no trace...uhhhm

So what's the difference between this and a load of yachts turning up and mooring at a jetty or anchoring offshore?

It's just one car park! Why do some people get so so blinkin' obsessed with "car parks" and who's parking their (legal!) vehicles in them? 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps we should insist on renaming them "vehicle parking". The "car" bit is misleading/ambiguous.

LOL! Don't tell them some of them have sea toilets! :ROFLMAO: Or even a bucket and chuck it system!

The picture could have been taken when the Mountainbike Worldcup was on. It’s always busier. Fort William could do with the money from tourists being used to make the place look half respectable. The place is an eyesore. It’s supposed to be our Outdoor Capital of Scotland but you’ll have to pay for it. No shortage of parking around Ft Bill just shortsighted councillors.

The picture could have been taken when the Mountainbike Worldcup was on. It’s always busier. Fort William could do with the money from tourists being used to make the place look half respectable. The place is an eyesore. It’s supposed to be our Outdoor Capital of Scotland but you’ll have to pay for it. No shortage of parking around Ft Bill just shortsighted councillors.

'Zactly.

I started to read the article then had to go out and murder the first person I met, to unwind, you can see me on the telly now :ROFLMAO:

Seriously no wonder this country is in a mess with dire tripe like this. His comments about us filling the ferries are hogwash. On an average crossing to Arran there are two motorhomes out of the normal 88 vehicles they carry. We have been the only ones, and on waiting for a ferry over we have seen none coming off the ferry. And if they are struggling to fit us all in, then why do I get emails and text messages trying to get us to book a ferry like the one I got today below.
IMG_7586.png
love it when they blame us for everything apart from the weather, then say they love motor homing, (of to wash my mouth out) I am just back from up north, and witnessed nothing of any note regarding motorhomes.

As for the picture well first this carpark is much larger than it looks in the photo, and it’s no more than half full. They have dedicated parking for cars, motorhomes, and buses. But anyone caught there at night will get done, I know a couple who did. Every one of these vans paid to park from memory it’s £3 for four hours. And on two occasions we have returned with two hours left, and given our ticket to someone who has just arrived. And on one occasion we had the compliment returned to us. The vast majority park their vans, then head into town and spend money FACT. They then return to their vans and head elsewhere. But if the good folks of fort bill don’t want us to do so then fair enough, nothing much missed there. Oh if anyone from fort bill are reading who agree with the person who had his blurt printed in the local rag then on our last visit we spent over £200 in Cotswold outdoors, and the staff informed us they are all struggling. With this kind of coverage, they look set to struggle even more.

Rant over, off to my cell for recuperation. :)

Last edited:
I am starting to worry Cale, I keep agreeing with your posts. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway spot on. (y)

You don’t hate malt whisky Bill🤦🏻‍♂️. There’s that many malts I bet there’s one you could drink.
Being a Scotsman you could at least kid on you like it😏🤣😂

I've always hated Whisky Cal apart from a particular one that Wully introduced me too at Falkirk.

I think it was something like 90 quid a bottle, it was a really smooth Single Malt and very moreish. Unfortunately we drank it all so I can't remember what it was called! :LOL:

You don’t hate malt whisky Bill🤦🏻‍♂️. There’s that many malts I bet there’s one you could drink.
Being a Scotsman you could at least kid on you like it😏🤣😂
I hate the stuff Cale. My dad liked a wee dram, but I hate the stuff.
I don’t know why but my son has bought me a new malt for my birthday and at Xmas. He has done so for years, and I can’t bring myself to tell him. :(
I currently have 8 bottles, Islay mist 2 bottles, laphroig 1 bottle, glenfiddich 2 bottles, bowmore 1 bottle, haig club 1 bottle, and a bottle of Jura.
I tend to give them away to friends, or folk who do me favours. I recently gave one to David (wildebus) as David has been very helpful and patient recently.
So if your extremely nice to me on here, you never know yer luck loddie :)

I am partial to Glayva though, but only if I am in the mood.
I enjoy red wines, right now I am into Portuguese Douro wines. 🍷

I don’t know why but my son has bought me a new malt for my birthday and at Xmas. He has done so for years, and I can’t bring myself to tell him. :(
I currently have 8 bottles, Islay mist 2 bottles, laphroig 1 bottle, glenfiddich 2 bottles, bowmore 1 bottle, haig club 1 bottle, and a bottle of Jura.
I tend to give them away to friends, or folk who do me favours. I recently gave one to David (wildebus) as David has been very helpful and patient recently.

I used to drink Glayva chasers Bill it's like bloody syrup but a mate used to insist we drink it between beers.

Probably why I've got Diabetes!

I was nice to you and you never gave me bottle, Bill 😩

I used to drink Glayva chasers Bill it's like bloody syrup but a mate used to insist we drink it between beers.

Probably why I've got Diabetes!
So he used to INSIST you drunk Glayva Rob :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: bloody marvellous.
I like it, someone talked Rob into drinking Glayva :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Check yer nose Rob, it just got a whole lot bigger :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not many will like this but personally I would like to see a compulsory national DNA Database where it is law to be registered - nothing to hide nothing to fear.

DNA testing is relatively inexpensive these days (£700 and 10 day results) the cost could be passed on as part of a prosecution. The solving of many crimes could be assisted using this method, as would compulsory dash cams.

Of course many would see this as an infringement on their human rights and privacy.
hmmmm, a big flaw in this Rob. Public utilities are illegally dumping human waste into rivers and seas. Someone does a test and picks out your DNA and you only ever used your own toilet at home. But... you couldn't argue it was your DNA

Lovely, I am sure a lot of departments would welcome that

I wouldn’t recommend any of the whisky’s you have to a non whisky drinker. If you ever take your van to Orkney get a bottle of Scapa🫶🥃👌😘. It’s sweet and smooth with a heather honey taste and is just nectar🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🙏

hmmmm, a big flaw in this Rob. Public utilities are illegally dumping human waste into rivers and seas. Someone does a test and picks out your DNA and you only ever used your own toilet at home. But... you couldn't argue it was your DNA

Lovely, I am sure a lot of departments would welcome that

It would have to be taken into account I suppose Neil.

But if somebody dumped waste into a hedgerow or similar the DNA evidence would be overwhelming. Don't forget they solve other crimes using this method and bodies or loot are often concealed out in the countryside.

It sounds far fetched but it would be reasonably easy to do and a few hits with massive fines would deter people I'm sure.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:376)

runnach, colinm, Far and Beyond, Robmac, Bigshug, mistericeman, Heppy, Alberto, wildebus, number14, caledonia, CHAIRMAN, GeoffL, andyjanet, kensowerby, campervanannie, Bouydog, 1807truckman, clarkpeacock, Admin, jeffmossy, guerdeval, n brown, oppy, NSY, maingate, rugbyken, 2cv, Val54, barryd, Dezi, yorkslass, Wully, davep10000, alcam, pamjon, AllanD, bobemmo29, DTF, TeamRienza, Tonybvi, SimonM, Owen M, saxonborg, witzend, RSD7a, The Jacks, Scotia, Biggarmac, RichardHelen262, 1 Cup, winks, mark61, liz, jagmanx, Wooie1958, Fifer, Boris7, Topmast, izwozral, hamsterberg27, ajb70, Faith shields, A11EEY, GMJ, mariesnowgoose, jimmybanks41, glekay, Clareellen, ricc, trooper2000, trevskoda, walpeter, jann, Ian and Cath, Jo001, Livotlout, The laird, UFO, Mossystone, denmar, Norfolk NewBoy, Makzine, Rosehip, Tezza33, Steve and Julie, myvanwy, belbri, marchie, r4dent, Pauljenny, vwalan, Charlynch, Victor, molly 2, JVG, cornish hymer, tony, jacquigem, teej1, st3v3, adriahome, 5andy, dvla3336, peejay, hayhiker, Dbrownroute66, ewen, harrow, Drover, Canalsman, Nabsim, Greengrass, Benylin, shortcircuit, groyne, Neckender, Fisherman, bdastu, terrywolf, Rond, kingfisher1, alwaysared, kevlakes, merl, regnarts, hmssnake, GinaRon, Glandwr, mygrassisblue, lthoel2, jeanette, Apostrophe, Tartarus, Doigy, Obanboy666, SCRUMPY BOY, Kazzie, GuyGuerilla, calvo, Sharon the Cat, ironman, SquirrellCook, longtoedsloth, paulhelenwilko, Bheinn, MartinFife, chrishunter, iandsm, vindiboy, Debroos, G and T, Tapfitter, Alun100, fionamcharg, zzr1400tim, flying kipper, BOTCANU, Caz, korky, Lee, Cass, reiverlad, bellars, Tim120, stonedaddy, bjh, MrRob, Moocher, TopazBob, BarryNo1, outdoorellen, stroller, Magsw, tuckerstravel, AnniePhoo, Bilw, davef, vtwinner, MartinCurren, gilsof31, Budgie, mick n jules, Zen, Hymer Snobs, Rong, Winger, Dicknmaggie, popeye1958, CHII BUS, Forcesixwindy, prioryi, defect, RegnVal, iampatman, Peisinoe, David Horsfall, Rob H, davibubb, Sooloo, Rumour, marchhare, DTDOG, CWH, Sheila Bryant, morsefields, GWAYGWAY, Linda, Rivertowy, Ken Parsons, jonc, mr. badolki, Mr K2, Les and penny, tripper, EllieM, Mickrick, MrKenny, Gadabout2, Julian211056, Welshscot, chrisvs57, Matthew362, Elfit, jaybeeonline, Mikebike, alanfleming, REC, Andys, scaley, Vatsmith, Thistle, Ali-lou, IanJ, Steviechi, 2Coops, Nickrock, Alf, gasgas, Di1234, Petes, TeamPuffin, noah and nelly, V1nny, linkshouse, gripseven, Patandtubs, AlynRuth, seagoon, Rolyan57, Divine Right, knowledgeseeker, jordan, cooperman, Richard Wasteney, robertdougl, shaunr68, topchook, Del668, helmit, Adriafan, Hagg3066, Wheelie, Rod, hanger18, Roy, DAVEY, Bazza1509, WingNut, barge1914, Mikecoo, painter01, amcjam, BigAldo, MrU, NudeJude, geoffnmurph, DaveCP, Hornet49, bnb080, GeorgeK, BETTSY, mikepilot, Sean, grobpilot, fullbob, Wightman, gabby82, GeordieBoy, Daz Newcastle, dtdunn, Redcallaway1, Damo, Gerry Attrick, alca, Wildrock, smg, scampa, barrypat, sprinterzebra, Martin P, Kernow Kodgers, Anyuser, DaveH, Rosso, Essa, campingfun, RJH, Motoroamer, Palette, Antonio, mikejay, Gareth Morgan, Fazerloz, lefty107, roadroamer, Daz65, Wardy73, gettingolder2, MoiioM, Cie, Dido, B4cus, Nomad Nelly, Bubble, Jiwawa, koala53, TrishAndyHolt, Andylynne, rambrose, Mischief2, Moonraker 2, Vajrasiddhi, Ted, rjmurchie, Texastom, fiona b, Tinapow, Chip, specky4eyes, Camper49, MickyLove, QFour, Costers, Pudsey Bear, Herman, Mandoman, aross, ton27, Floydster, Bat21, Cosmicyoyo, Quiddle, INKA51, Ly085, JQB, ScarletPimple, maxsdad, Zavvy, TrevnLyn, ruddock, Vivall, Lioncrunch, BigD003, Nomad, CarlandHels, MikeBBB, euro28, mike v, torwood, Ex Greeny, ladysuemagoo, rogerha, ozbit, Jakethepeg1, Murgzie,
Back