It's the final countdown

oppy

Well, 7 days from now we'll be parked up in Portsmouth awaiting our Tuesday morning ferry to Santander. After one abortive trip and a year or so of dodgy health we are finally on the brink of a 9 week trip down through Spain and into Portugal and we are getting kinda excited in quite a silly juvenile way. The van is still a shed, albeit a tidy one, with no hot water or heater, so with thanks to Graham and Kath and all our wonderful friends here (and those who have helped sort out the satnaggy stuff for me) who have offered advice and guidance, Sue and I offer grateful thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to offer the odd update via my mifi thingy or Macdonalds free internet, but if you do not hear from me after April3rd, contact Sue for the funeral arrangements.

Ta my friends

Peter

oppy...enjoy your trip and hope you get some beautiful weather and lots of wonderful memories........take care..your a gud un

oppy...enjoy your trip and hope you get some beautiful weather and lots of wonderful memories........take care..your a gud un
Trixe88, 3 times, it must be love. If I survive and Sue doesn't, can we come to some kind of arrangement ??????

Sorry it's just me being typically silly, thank you for your good wishes
Peter

Safe travels to you both pedro make sure you have a bottle or two of red on me
hope you have a trouble free time and you both stay healthy
all the very best from jockland mate
regards Gordon

I'm going to stock up with booze, now I know that both you and Terry are heading down here.
They way, I'll be sure to have supplies in hand, if you both drink the Algarve dry.
Safe, boring travels .
I'll organise some good weather for you..

I'm going to stock up with booze, now I know that both you and Terry are heading down here.
They way, I'll be sure to have supplies in hand, if you both drink the Algarve dry.
Safe, boring travels .
I'll organise some good weather for you..
Tell us where you are and Sue and I will help you with your alcohol problem, and anything that we cannot manage, Tezza and Mags will do the tidying up afterwards. Failing that--------------------------------------------------------------Lets party

Great news Peter. I hope Sue and yourself have an excellent trip. Considering a trip later on taking in the Moto GP in Jerez and the F1 in Barcelona so I’ll be keeping an eye on your updates.

It’ll be interesting to see if you can effect an escape from the Duro with a fully functioning liver. 🤔

Cheers

H

Tell us where you are and Sue and I will help you with your alcohol problem, and anything that we cannot manage, Tezza and Mags will do the tidying up afterwards. Failing that--------------------------------------------------------------Lets party
Just PM us, If you find yourselves West of Tavira/ East of Faro.
That should give us chance to hide the good stuff .
You'll be very welcome.

Just PM us, If you find yourselves West of Tavira/ East of Faro.
That should give us chance to hide the good stuff .
You'll be very welcome.
Ta we are staying at Loule for the month from the 28th of January

@oppy getting excited for anything is not juvenile, and planning adventures and smiling at silly things is what keeps you young at heart! I dread being unenthusiastic, time to bury me!
Enjoy your trip!

Ta we are staying at Loule for the month from the 28th of January
We're at Santa Catarina on the N270, East of São Bras.
Don't tell Terry.

ps.
If you could squeeze in a box of Yorkshire Tea Bags, that be easily converted into local wine...
Can you buy Yorkshire tea, your side of the Pennines?

Last edited:
We're at Santa Catarina on the N270, East of São Bras.
Don't tell Terry.

ps.
If you could squeeze in a box of Yorkshire Tea Bags, that be easily converted into local wine...
Can you buy Yorkshire tea, your side of the Pennines?
Of course we can, 1bag per bottle, no problem,!,
Seriously though, no problem and we'll even throw in a pack of Northumbrian blend too.

Terry and Mags don't read this post please, you'll get me in to trouble

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back