It's the final countdown

Update, off the ferry and time to set the satnag..........blessed Europe maps gone...oh poo. The poi s are there but not the damned maps. Fortunately I brought the car one as a backup that my dear friend here inserted duplicate files, and now we're parked up I'm going to chill out and drink a bit, then throw the blessed thing down the van
Bother
Glad it wasn't just me! Updated our Garmin sat nav before leaving and somehow got wrong maps , no western Europe! Put in F for France and was offered Finland, S...nothing. Have used Google maps on phone to get to portugal, where a friend sorted it out for me!:rolleyes:

looks like gloria is just missing you chris rolling up through marseille & monaco you’ll just get three days of rain if your on the fringe

Have you not got round to buying one of those new-fangled smart phones, yet.?
Very flat, with a glass screen, looks a bit like a miniature TV set .
They come with cracking , up to date maps.
If you turn your location on, they can act like a sat Nav...
And get you just as hopelessly lost as the real thing.
Hope this helps .
Bloomin eck, don't you ever give up? I've been walking around with 4d in my hand and still can't find one. You must realise that inside this late 20 year old there dwells the sharp brain of a 3 year old.
Anyway, not only has the campernag gone menopausal, the blessed fridge has joined it. So now we have no heating, no hot water, and an ever growing list of failed stuff, but what the heck, we're English and made of tough stuff.
We are at a cool aire at Caceres, below Salamanca.

Keep that upper lip stiff, Peter.
Do you need the services of Campercare, who finely fettle fecked vans . On the N125, West of Faro. If you had a good satnav, it would be a doddle
They also have a mobile unit , visiting the campsites.
If you want me to contact them on your behalf.. Just give me a list of your problems and the details of the your unit model numbers.
If you can struggle through to the campsite.. they might be able to get the parts and bring them to you.
Keep hold of your 4d.. you might need it.
It's all part of the Motorhomimg adventure.
Don't worry about us, we've put 800 litres of fresh rainwater into our cisterns.
So no shortage of tea mashing water.
Enjoy Caceres.. take a stroll up to the lovely historical centre and posh shopping streets.
Fingers crossed

Keep that upper lip stiff, Peter.
Do you need the services of Campercare, who finely fettle fecked vans . On the N125, West of Faro. If you had a good satnav, it would be a doddle
They also have a mobile unit , visiting the campsites.
If you want me to contact them on your behalf.. Just give me a list of your problems and the details of the your unit model numbers.
If you can struggle through to the campsite.. they might be able to get the parts and bring them to you.
Keep hold of your 4d.. you might need it.
It's all part of the Motorhomimg adventure.
Don't worry about us, we've put 800 litres of fresh rainwater into our cisterns.
So no shortage of tea mashing water.
Enjoy Caceres.. take a stroll up to the lovely historical centre and posh shopping streets.
Fingers crossed
Thanks Paul, I shan't charge delivery now, anyway it's piddling down now, off to Zafra in the morning

Nice place..
Only visited it once.. lovely views.
Had to stay longer than we'd planned. the key broke off in the ignition.. .
Another adventure..
Are you sure there's nothing I can do to help..?
Hope the weather is kind to you.

At your age oppy it's probably not a good idea to title a thread "the final countdown"😄

Nice place..
Only visited it once.. lovely views.
Had to stay longer than we'd planned. the key broke off in the ignition.. .
Another adventure..
Are you sure there's nothing I can do to help..?
Hope the weather is kind to you.
At the moment, no, but thanks. You can always adopt me

They're from Lancashire . Hard as nails.
They are used to living without mod cons.
Any Idea when you'll be gracing us with your presence, Peter..?
( I know that's a daft question to ask a wildcamper ).
I need to make sure the Champagne is properly iced.

Last edited:
Lancashire? You mean High Peak or are they immigrants like us lol

Heading over the border on Tuesday, I'll let you know
Peter

Take it easy...
We're bothering the medics on Tuesday, but free after that.
Have you got one of those special corkscrews, for opening vintage champagne... We must have left ours behind, 20 years ago..
Only just missed it.

Take it easy...
We're bothering the medics on Tuesday, but free after that.
Have you got one of those special corkscrews, for opening vintage champagne... We must have left ours behind, 20 years ago..
Only just missed it.
I don't need a especial corkscrew for vintage plonk, I just caress it lovingly, speak lovingly to it, twist the bit of wire and then the excitement built up after all that causes the cork eject by itself

Glad it wasn't just me! Updated our Garmin sat nav before leaving and somehow got wrong maps , no western Europe! Put in F for France and was offered Finland, S...nothing. Have used Google maps on phone to get to portugal, where a friend sorted it out for me!:rolleyes:
I typed in Portugal and got Poland, typed in Spain and got not recognised. I too tried the update before we left, strange thing is though, if I scroll through the poi s and click on the location and it actually works although in unfathomable way, but the car one is the safer option

We don't need all the comforts of home, this is an adventure, if it's cold we wrap up, for hot water we boil a kettle. Telly is a no no, we have videos and music plus games, so what's the problem?
Nothings a problem ?
Everyone to their own, personally my days of roughing it for want of a better word ended long ago. If I didn’t have all the facilities / tech in my motorhome that I have at home I wouldn’t bother. But that’s me, we are all different. Hope your trip goes well.

Ah well, it seems that this may be the final countdown. Sue's health problems have raised their ugly head again. We are going to give it a couple more days and if we cannot stabilise things we'll shoot of to Santander and then back to glossop by the sea

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back