It's the final countdown

Enjoy it Jeff, by the way, was the mic ok?

Yes the mic was great Peter , thank you . Hope you have a great trip also , and you never know we could bump into each other on our trip and enjoy a natter and some red stuff . Take care :cool:

Hope both you folks oppy and Jeff have a great ,safe,and trouble free time and I’m as jealous as sin but time shouldn’t be toooooo far away for us
we were just saying today about getting set up this year then rent house out and sell eventually ,ourpkan is to get a bit of one o my kids then put along cabin in situ so we can pop off and back to suit us 🤞

IN
Just caught up with this thread..

And counted the number of tea bags on Maggie's line.. You're bragging !. Terry.
Flash bu99er !

No decent, thrifty Yorkshire woman would have that many teabags in circulation at the same time... They might get nicked.
Barnsley..?
Being from North Leeds, anyone living South of Wakefield, (which is on the outskirts of North London ) .. is a Cockney Millionaire.
Have you got the van packed and ready , Peter ?
Yup, bags is packed as is the travelling booze and we are heading for the old customs house weatherspoons pub to eat and park up before heading to the ferry port later on to overnight for the morning ferry

Yup, bags is packed as is the travelling booze and we are heading for the old customs house weatherspoons pub to eat and park up before heading to the ferry port later on to overnight for the morning ferry

Don’t know The Old Customs House Wetherspoons pub in Portsmouth.
We have the Isambard Kingdom Brunel, the Sir John Baker or the Sir Alec Rose, all Wetherspoons pubs.
We will be having a beer 🍺 in the Admiral Drake on the Rudmore roundabout which is less than 5 mins walk to the ferry, it’s a good pub which does fair food, it’s also close to our parking spot at the car park at the causeway to Whale Island.

Ok folks, that's it. Bath and bed now. Tomorrow we'll squeeze in the last of Sue's junk and slowly drift southwards to the wet bit at the end, and after one of Mr Wetherspoons meals we'll park up for the night and then catch the early ferry to Spain. A fellow member has threatened to maybe bump into us with, I hope minimal damage, but it will be good to meet up with a fellow eejit. So my friends, I'll pop up occasionally with messages and the odd piccies If and when I am able to sort out the technology, but what I really must do is give thanks. To Terry, Graham and Kath, Paul and Jenny and everyone else who have offered encouragement to this daft old soul.
That's it mi owd luvs

Catch you when I can sometime twixt now and April
TTFN
oppy & carer (Sue)

Easy does it.
Go carefully.
Especially if you get into bad company at Wetherspoons.
You know what these Diesel Gipsies are like.
Don't let them make you miss the ferry.

Anybody seen or heard from The old boy ?
Did he make Wetherspoons?I
It's he still there?
Did he get to the ferry?
Has he got a good supply of sick bags ?

Anybody seen or heard from The old boy ?
Did he make Wetherspoons?I
It's he still there?
Did he get to the ferry?
Has he got a good supply of sick bags ?
No, yes, yes, and less of the old boy thing, I'm sensitive and am easily hurt!! So if you really want the T bags, marmite and mustard powder, remember that I can always add delivery charges 😀

No, yes, yes, and less of the old boy thing, I'm sensitive and am easily hurt!! So if you really want the T bags, marmite and mustard powder, remember that I can always add delivery charges 😀
Drive carefully, Peter.
That's a valuable cargo you have with you.. and Sue, too.
Hope your journey is go fun, interesting and relaxed.

hi guys if your coming down through france i should check your weather forecast storm gloria made landfall in southern f france overnight and it’s a four day job so might be worth swinging over to the atlantic coast down through nantes & Bordeaux either that or park up & hunker down

Last edited:
Preliminary sorting of the van has started .... just waiting on the dreaded driving licence! We hope to be away by next weekend 👍🏻👍🏻 But nothing booked yet. We plan to go through France towards Perpignan for a change but depends on the weather... all very flexibl.

Update, off the ferry and time to set the satnag..........blessed Europe maps gone...oh poo. The poi s are there but not the damned maps. Fortunately I brought the car one as a backup that my dear friend here inserted duplicate files, and now we're parked up I'm going to chill out and drink a bit, then throw the blessed thing down the van
Bother

hi guys if your coming down through france i should check your weather forecast storm gloria made landfall in southern f france overnight and it’s a four day job so might be worth swinging over to the atlantic coast down through nantes & Bordeaux either that or park up & hunker down

I'm near Montpellier and there's no issues with the weather other than a bit of rain...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back