Is it worth becoming a Full Member?

:nothingtoadd:

Worth every penny ! Help, advice, tips and all the laughter that it provides.
Best bit are the POIs, we have stopped over in so many beautiful places that we would never have found.

We'd pay a £100 to be a full member lol (just jokin admin!)

I forgot to add that having no adverts is a BIG bonus to me as a full member. I hate adverts and would much rather pay for the services I use than have them supported by adverts. :)

Happy to pay

Since joining we have bought our first motorhome and been wildcamping in the UK using the POI and help from other poster.

We have had advice that helped us choose our MH and find the information posted by mebers helpful even though some threads do go off topic but thats just the result of an on line conversatio.

Keep up the good work

Rod

Is the subscription worth it ? Every penny.
I have recently managed to get the poi's onto my tomtom iPad app, with the help of 2 members (thanks Tezza & Fairytooth). I spent a week in Yorkshire and paid a total of £4 (in an honesty box at a poi)
I may not be a prolific poster on the site but when I have asked a question the replies have always been helpful. This site is a mine of information and has more comedians than 'live at the Apollo'
Hope to meet some more like minded people at Hereford.:wave::wave::wave:
Keep up the good work Phil.:king:

Become a member

Its well worth the money the POIs alone are worth loads and save you on site fees

I think it is worth becoming a full member especially if you are new to wild camping.

Once you have got used to the concept, and seen the type of places that can be used, it is much more productive to find your own places. Advertising a list of places becomes self limiting in that the greater the success of the site, the more people use those spots and the locals or landowners may well do something about it on the basis that "there are always vans parked overnight there" Not that having vans around is a bad thing, but there are usually a few bad apples who stay too long or leave litter.

So as far as the POI's are concerned, full members should take the pressure off certain ones and find their own alternatives. This will leave better used spots for newbies until they too have found their feet. We have seen many spots subject to restrictions soon after they have been added to the POI list here, and then they are removed from the list in any case, so it pays to think about the nature of the location and where you choose to park up especially if you have alternatives.

Yet another that hasn't managed to Suss the POIs but have picked a few wild spots off here in the listings that I've used, plus attended a good meet at the medieval market I find the best comparison to be when I first got a motorhome 10 yrs ago I joined both CC and C&CC after couple of years realised I hadn't used them and had gleaned masses of information here and on M facts so I don't regard it has money spent but money saved ,

Worth every single penny...all I have to do now is learn how to download all the information onto my SatNav...and as this is all new to me, it could take some time!...
We're going to have GasIt installed before we travel into Europe and have already contacted them for a local fitter, as Himself doesn't want to take on the task...
I've only had to contact Admin a couple of times and I must say the response has been quick and effective...thank you...

So top marks from us...

Last edited:
Absolutely worth it. As other have said, the POIs and the help from other members are invaluable and I think you do a great job with the admin of the site. Thanks!

I wouldnt be where I am now without this site....I joined having just bought a little bambi campervan, my very first attempt at camping, which incidently blew up..:( But by this time id had the grace to go on some of the meets and make some very good friends. They understood my situation (being disabled) and needing a new van to give me independence they found me an automatic ambulance ripe for conversion. It was miles away from where i live, but between everyone on here they got me to my destination to pick it up (Robmac) and made it a reality..!!!

I didnt have the first clue about converting a van from scratch and wasnt sure i could do it..!! But once again due to this site and everbody's help (nbrown) especially, and my partner, I now have the perfect van for me and ive gained so much knowledge from construction to electrics..!! Im still learning and still need this site for its members and their knowledge to make my dream a reality.
I looked on other MH sites but none gave me the friendly welcome from the very minute i posted my first comment like this site did.

I dont post often and do not have the confidence to offer advice although ive learnt so much as there will always be someone who knows more than me...lol

As for the POI's When i first joined they were invaluable...not so much now as this site gave me the confidence to find my own...

For me paying full membership was the start of my journey it opened up so much for me and introduced me to some amazing people...

For that it was worth every penny and still is....

i like it here-it's a lively site,even when there's not a lot going on,somebody will think of something to keep us interested. people feel comfortable enough on here to discuss their physical and mental problems,as well as their van problems ,and are safe in the knowledge that they'll get a sympathetic ear,maybe a bit of advice,and quite possibly a bit of gentle mickey taking.
trolls turn up from time to time and are dealt with
sometimes there are arguments-you can join in or not as the mood takes you,and sometimes they get a bit heated-i have no problem with that,after all there are some bright people here and they can get passionate about things-i've seen a bit of bitchyness,but seldom what i'd consider nastiness.
so overall i'd call it a friendly site,a useful site-advice and pois, but mostly,an interesting site,with a few odd characters,i've certainly enjoyed meeting the people from all walks of life that i've met through this site,that i probably wouldn't have done otherwise

No brainer really.

The banter/amusement.
The help and advice.
The generosity of those who provide the POI's.

Got to be worth 38p per week.

Oh thanks Admin for making it all happen and keeping the forum in control.

Clive

only used the poi's but that in itself is well worth the money.

Worth every penny

Clad to be a full member all great people on here even had a motorhome member come to my place and sorted out a 12 volt problem I had in my m/home keep up the good work

I have been a member for about a year now .I have managed to download poi to google earth but have not used any of the sites as yet.
I have replied to some blogs but as I have limited experience may not always contribute with maybe the right response .
Having said that I never miss an evening if possible to catch up with the latest posting ,as someone who is still learning the level of knowledge from the members is of a real benefit to me
So my first years subscription has been worth every penny and can't understand why anyone would think differently .Well done to admin ,members and all who contribute keep it up !:idea:

For me paying to become a full member has been worth every penny and more.

Before finding this site we had never wild camped and did not know it existed. I Paid to be a full member as soon as I found this site and have used the poi's many times, some successful some not so. It is all a huge learning curve. I know a lot of people say they don't need a poi database as they can find their own wilding spots, which is great for them, but for us having no experience they have been great.

The site is friendly and we have attended a few of the meets and met some lovely people. We do not attend meets anymore as they have become quite large and I have anxiety's in large groups of people I don't know.
however, the fact that they are getting large is a testament on how popular and how much people are enjoying them.

Long may it continue
:)

Well worth it

I find the site quite addictive, so just as well I don't have to pay per visit. I've used the POIs, been to some meets and best of all, hubby, who was really sceptacle at first, is now enjoying wild camping as much as I wanted him to.:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back