Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

That is the absolute commitment we need by government to shift mindsets.

Electric ranges etc are improving alternative sustainable fuels less damaging to the environment the technology is gaining traction .

A timely point to remind ourselves , there was a man who failed close to a thousand times developing a product , when asked how it felt to fail a thousand times , he shrugged and rephrased I haven’t failed simply discovered a thousand ways that didn’t work (that’s mindset) he eventually got it right and I bet most have used one today...Thomas Edison’s lightbulb
No one uses light bulbs these days except old farts who dont like change and dont beleave you when you tell them there 90% more efficient.

A 6 inch post and that's what you think you see? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see what you’re getting at Jen.

We have all grown accustomed to ever improving (?) levels of convenience and ease of personal transport for decades and the basic assumption that the market will have the answer to everything is probably a busted flush. Many of us do the best we can given our own particular circumstances and the seeking of profit in all things does not help with this massive and urgent problem/ opportunity.

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers

H

They dont use coloured parafin any longer,its a dry powder.

you'd better tell the RAF that.
How the smoke is created

The basic vapour colour is white, produced by injecting diesel into the hot exhaust from the jet engine. This reaches temperatures of over 400 degrees Celsius and vaporises immediately. The blue and red colours are made by mixing dye with the diesel. The dye and diesel is stored in a specially-modified pod fitted to each of the aircraft. The pilot releases the liquid by pushing One of three buttons on the control column. During the display each aircraft can produce smoke for a maximum duration of seven minutes. This gives the pilot five minutes of white smoke, and one minute each of red and blue smoke. For this reason, a ‘smoke plot’ is worked out extremely carefully to ensure that no aircraft runs out of smoke before the end of the display.

A timely point to remind ourselves , there was a man who failed close to a thousand times developing a product , when asked how it felt to fail a thousand times , he shrugged and rephrased I haven’t failed simply discovered a thousand ways that didn’t work (that’s mindset) he eventually got it right and I bet most have used one today...Thomas Edison’s lightbulb
Similar thing with WD40 - NASA needed a water repellent (Water Displacement = WD) and a company presented their product which they continually modified and was finally accepted for use on their 40th attempt. So big now the manufacturer call themselves - WD40. Their dogged determination certainly paid off. Bob

With all the dithering and meetings this country does if they decided tomorrow it would take at least 10 years to get one online.
hinkley c is still ten years from generating , been in pipeline for best part of 30 years.

you'd better tell the RAF that.
I was told at flying school that only older units used that < old tec >, now and a sinthetic is used to save our planet.

Well things seem to have rapidly moved on since I put in my two pence this morning, including a lot of
negative thinking.
We have just got back from the market in Salisbury where we used the Britford park & ride service.
51.051754, -1.783730
A couple of weeks ago Salisbury invested in several all electric busses to run on the park & ride system and we rode on one this morning,
its the way forward folk.

Dezi :)

Just as I pred---, Predic---, thought

Dezi

Torness reactors are UK build, so we do have the technology. Our submarine fleet, same. Incidentally and slightly off, topic. I participated in a careers day today at Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh, which was based on a Space theme, I never realised how big Scottish companies are involved within space industry!!
Its all in the scottish bicys you gave my kids as abby just passed her AQE with 107 marks,top school for her. (y)

You obviously have not seen how the batteries are arranged within an EV. Far from a simple task to do a quick swap. You would be quicker swapping complete car, maybe this is the way to go?
No but I have a fair idea!
Battery cars are obviously still very much in their infancy and there will be many changes yet to come .
Swapping complete cars is not an idea without merit but as Trevskoda pointed out there are issues with cleanliness to be considered.
With self driving car devolopment coming on apace perhaps car ownnership itself is due for a radical rethink

No but I have a fair idea!
Battery cars are obviously still very much in their infancy and there will be many changes yet to come .
Swapping complete cars is not an idea without merit but as Trevskoda pointed out there are issues with cleanliness to be considered.
With self driving car devolopment coming on apace perhaps car ownnership itself is due for a radical rethink

Well, I'd certainly be up for swapping mohos having regularly drooled over some of the other members' posh vans at the meets 😁 😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back