Indicators Puzzle

Hi . Have a problem with the indicators on my 2011 Symbol..
I had a problem with my heater yrs ago taking it apart was difficult with connector very stiff so after inspection before replacing terminal to await new part I gave it a good dose of electrical switch cleaner lo an behold I never needed that part. Since then when taking any terminals apart I always give them a dose before refitting

On some vehicles they have a Canbus system and it goes into a small box of tricks that then sort out the rear lights. I suppose it depends if the unit is capable of supplying the extra amps required to light the extra bulbs. You could fit a CanM8 unit that detects the lights being turned on and provides the 12v required. They do make one so I presume its a problem for various applications.

I had a problem with my heater yrs ago taking it apart was difficult with connector very stiff so after inspection before replacing terminal to await new part I gave it a good dose of electrical switch cleaner lo an behold I never needed that part. Since then when taking any terminals apart I always give them a dose before refitting
I have taken apart and remade so many connections while trying to find a solution but never thought of that. If I end up stripping it all again I will give it a go.
On some vehicles they have a Canbus system and it goes into a small box of tricks that then sort out the rear lights. I suppose it depends if the unit is capable of supplying the extra amps required to light the extra bulbs. You could fit a CanM8 unit that detects the lights being turned on and provides the 12v required. They do make one so I presume its a problem for various applications.
My van has the canbus system which makes it harder for old fashioned electrical practitioners like me . I can sort out the electrics on my classic MG without problems but the Boxer computerized electrics are a mystery.

I have taken apart and remade so many connections while trying to find a solution but never thought of that. If I end up stripping it all again I will give it a go.

My van has the canbus system which makes it harder for old fashioned electrical practitioners like me . I can sort out the electrics on my classic MG without problems but the Boxer computerized electrics are a mystery.
Thats why people use the Canm8 Unit. It has two wires to connect to the Canbus plus a positive and negative. Sorts itself out to vehicle type and then listens to the messages. When it sees the message to turn on the lights you get a 12v output. When it sees the message lights off the 12v disappears.

Thats why people use the Canm8 Unit. It has two wires to connect to the Canbus plus a positive and negative. Sorts itself out to vehicle type and then listens to the messages. When it sees the message to turn on the lights you get a 12v output. When it sees the message lights off the 12v disappears.
I have tried Googling for Camm8 without success. Do you have a link to help find it please?

A common fix for motorcycles when switches fail.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back