I was here first🤯

Wully, this arrived today for Rocky and next month trip, this will keep him contained without having to tie him up, fair bit of room for him to move around too, he is knocking on a bit now, he will more than likely just chill, will also give us peace of mind too if any strays or off lead dogs are on the prowl. Folds away yo near nothing and very light.

IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_5541.jpeg

Wully, this arrived today for Rocky and next month trip, this will keep him contained without having to tie him up, fair bit of room for him to move around too, he is knocking on a bit now, he will more than likely just chill, will also give us peace of mind too if any strays or off lead dogs are on the prowl. Folds away yo near nothing and very light.

View attachment 128666View attachment 128667
Where’s yours Terry :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There is a Bailey Approach 760 SE in the village up the road from me, literally a mile or so away. I keep thinking of knocking on the door and asking for first dibs if they decide to sell as Ive been hankering after one for ages. Wouldnt half save a lot of hassle but for the reasons posted above I have decided its not really the thing to do :D

The thing to do when someone parks too close? Go chat to them and casually mention that there is a rumour that there is a mad axe murderer stopping close by. Then, equally calmly, just muse over the likelihood that there are two "of us axe murderers" in the same place... And walk away slowly and look back only the once! whistling this. (Opens on YouTube)

There is a Bailey Approach 760 SE in the village up the road from me, literally a mile or so away. I keep thinking of knocking on the door and asking for first dibs if they decide to sell as Ive been hankering after one for ages. Wouldnt half save a lot of hassle but for the reasons posted above I have decided its not really the thing to do :D
Probably worth asking, just leave out the Irish accent you'll be fine. Always worth a punt,
do they use it much or was it COVID knee jerk purchase?

Probably worth asking, just leave out the Irish accent you'll be fine. Always worth a punt,
do they use it much or was it COVID knee jerk purchase?

No idea. I think it might have appeared around Covid time or just after. I keep hoping ill spot someone in the garden sometime. :D Maybe ill pop my head over the fence and tell them im from the next village and not a dodgy criminal. :D

But... but... but... I thought you were supposed to be looking more "Rock God" than traveller, Barry? :unsure: 😜 😉

Not much you can do about it really. Its a free country and you can park next to someone if you want. No laws about noise but nothing to stop your alarm keep going off when you press the panic button at 1am 1.30am 2am etc. We parked overlooking the sea on a small car park. Came back and well and truly blocked in so we made everyone move including the guy with his awning out. Moved up the hill and found an even better spot with no MHs is sight. I think over the years most of the spots have now been posted on public forums so its not really surprising that others turn up. If you find a nice spot dont tell anyone. Even our nice spot overlooking the sea at Barton on Sea have now banned MHs on the front overnight due to people staying to long. It was a great spot and we have spent many happy hours there over the years.

Not much you can do about it really. Its a free country and you can park next to someone if you want. No laws about noise but nothing to stop your alarm keep going off when you press the panic button at 1am 1.30am 2am etc. We parked overlooking the sea on a small car park. Came back and well and truly blocked in so we made everyone move including the guy with his awning out. Moved up the hill and found an even better spot with no MHs is sight. I think over the years most of the spots have now been posted on public forums so its not really surprising that others turn up. If you find a nice spot dont tell anyone. Even our nice spot overlooking the sea at Barton on Sea have now banned MHs on the front overnight due to people staying to long. It was a great spot and we have spent many happy hours there over the years.

Yup.

"Brave new world" since the pandemic and Brexit. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: REC
Yup.

"Brave new world" since the pandemic and Brexit. :confused:

Facebook is alive now with various motorhome and so called "Van Life" groups full of starry eyed newbies sharing cheap or free parking spots. Some of the posts beggar belief. I joined a few partly for the entertainment value and partly to chip in now and again when you see something really stupid. One things for sure there has never been a better argument for "Aires" in the UK than there is now but some see this as a bad thing. Im on the fence a bit. I just 95% use CLs here now though.

Facebook is alive now with various motorhome and so called "Van Life" groups full of starry eyed newbies sharing cheap or free parking spots. Some of the posts beggar belief. I joined a few partly for the entertainment value and partly to chip in now and again when you see something really stupid. One things for sure there has never been a better argument for "Aires" in the UK than there is now but some see this as a bad thing. Im on the fence a bit. I just 95% use CLs here now though.
If forced I would use a cl rather than a lot of these aires. Time I can’t stop where I want is time to change to a caravan 👍

Why not, you could just go round and drop a note through the door with your address and number, you'll me mighty miffed if it goes and you did nowt, just mention that you are not of the traveler persuasion.

If forced I would use a cl rather than a lot of these aires. Time I can’t stop where I want is time to change to a caravan 👍

To be honest CL's are kind of a preference to us these days anyway as we tend to spend weeks in the same spot and pick out of the way off grid remote ones and just tour about on the bike. I dont even bother looking for wild spots but we do use some which are favourites but that tends to be up in Scotland and the Islands. England I no longer bother hardly.

Just come from lovely parking spot next to the beach in Spain....one side of the car park ( divided by a small road) rammed with motorhomes, the other just us and then one other ....we wondered what they knew that we had missed!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back