How many w members own a Hymer?

Just swapped (plus a bit of cash)my fiat based 1993 564 for a merc based 1991 S700. Got a few teething problems with it but hopefully be sorted out in the next couple of weeks. Hope so as I full time in the van and I want to head off to Spain middle of October for six months.

B524 2006 DIY import from Germany in June this year. Was absolutely immaculate inside and out until I reversed into Frenchman(I mean his car) and cracked the plastic bumper and then side swiped a tree root while wild camping that cracked the offside rear wheel arch plastic. Ho Hum!

We have a 2000 LHD S630. This is our first van, purchased 7 years ago and it's been absolutely perfect for us. We've had plenty of ups and downs on our many long trips, but you live and learn, oh yes you do :D

Yes.
I did get the van and it has done 3000 miles since the beginning of June when we got it. We are delighted with it as it has the things we want, Real automatic transmission Aircon etc etc, it was a demonstrator and because of that it was preloaded with a load of extras It even has a diesel heater to keep the temperature up on the move in winter.
I did however add more of the important things they do not have normally. apart from the awning I have fitted all of them
140 watt solar with controller to the Hymer Box.
Gasit cylinder set of 2 X 11kgs as anybody who went to Rutland meet would know when we fitted a couple of fits in one go.
Security deadlocks that I fitted to both outside doors in addition to the makers locks. This was an awkward fit but works OK.
Reversing camera with rear view also and reversing sensors.
Alarm and a tracker which is monitored 24/7, plus a separate tracker that I know only and tells me where it is if somebody gets at the monitored alarm one and disables it, with a GPS cancelling device as they would not have the range to knock out both.
Airbags on the rear axle to stop me banging the bum again on the Ferry ramp fingers as happened when I came off the Ferry from Eire.
Awning fitted at the last show at Norwich, I wasn't going to get one but thought it might make it cooler abroad on a site.
A silver screen set, which are a very good fit, or as they were made from my actual van as a pattern, certainly ought to fit.
I would like a towbar but that can wait for the time being.
I have spent the kids inheritance but have enough left to keep going for a couple of years though.

Hope you have years of happy safe motoring .i fitted a 120 w solar with schaudt regulator and had great help from tezza33 with how/ what wires to use his help was immense.hardly on hook up so far ,weather will determine soon but.ive fitted heavy duty rear springs from Jones and they're brilliant.new brakes ,wheels n tyres and mot on Saturday.then back on the road again😭👍

Hope you have years of happy safe motoring .i fitted a 120 w solar with schaudt regulator and had great help from tezza33 with how/ what wires to use his help was immense.hardly on hook up so far ,weather will determine soon but.ive fitted heavy duty rear springs from Jones and they're brilliant.new brakes ,wheels n tyres and mot on Saturday.then back on the road again😭👍
I used the Schaut regulator as it fits straight in to the van box even the holes for the screws are there. the plastic coupling blocks plug in and it is ready to go even the front battery gets its fill from the the panel. in sunlight it reads 13.5 volts all the time to show the charging,, I forgot to mention the second leisure battery I put in, and it has room for four in the box.

First year using a motorhome and we love it, been using my fathers 575 Classic but now it's ours. Currently resting in my fathers driveway in Perthshire.

Barry.

2003 LHD B754

Currently in storage and working through the to do list before I retire :)

We have a Hymer B640 Starline 1999 vintage which is based out of Harlech wales, but is currently on a 4 month jaunt through France and Spain, just sat in a wild camping spot near to Torrevieja as i type this.😆👍

They look good,any not in white?
And what's the cheapist model you can get second hand ?

David

Hymer 655 Tramp GT 2004,LHD imported from germany last year.
Base is a Renault master 3 litre no cambelt on this engine,chain driven camshaft.
41,000 kms when bought but added 8000 miles since..
Fitted rhd headlamps for mot and swap back to go abroad.
Fitted under-slung gas-it tank and BBQ point.
Added extra leisure battery in side locker and extra 150 w solar panel up top.
Elektroblock sent back to germany and refurbished,cheaper than the popular uk firm !
Added up-rated solar controller and wired into elektroblock.
Needs a new mattress and bed slats.
Currently in between adventures.
insurance (14).JPGmirrors.jpg

1993 S700 (TB Turbo at 6 months old) done 25,000ks when we bought it now 201,000ks no problems.had it for 19yrs.

Thanks for the revival off this post,we must have a fair amount of hymers in the group now.👍

1992 Hymer B654 2.5 TD based on Fiat chasis, had for 5 yrs now, had Hymer camp 55 before, living in Norfolk.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back